Galmudug in Negotiations with a Chinese Company regarding Hobyo Port

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only stipulation I have is that the Hobyo Mayor be included in the talks/in the loop:fittytousand:

This is Xaaf's time to show he actually means business. I'm hoping for the best but for now I'll stay watching from the sidelines with hawk eyes

felloff

FA'CASH GANG BABY
it'll be a shit Chinese based company not the government owned developers like ccecc or ccc etc

Agent 47

21st Divsion of Somali National Army
Only stipulation I have is that the Hobyo Mayor be included in the talks/in the loop:fittytousand:

This is Xaaf's time to show he actually means business. I'm hoping for the best but for now, I'll stay watching from the sidelines with hawk eyes
It would've been built years ago If abdikarin xusen guled didn't send them off.

PS. Xaaf is doing good masha allah:salute:

felloff

FA'CASH GANG BABY
Kenya took somalias spot :damn:

their cosatlines not even half, somaliland sold it's short, bosaso sold it's self short trynna be like somaliland, mudug hopped on the first interesed chinese investors , sws jumped on the dp world flow mogadishu is turkey's satellite port, kismayo will get a train line to lamu and wont't be able to overpower them. We are a landlocked nation with the longest coastline

their cosatlines not even half, somaliland sold it's short, bosaso sold it's self short trynna be like somaliland, mudug hopped on the first interesed chinese investors , sws jumped on the dp world flow mogadishu is turkey's satellite port, kismayo will get a train line to lamu and wont't be able to overpower them. We are a landlocked nation with the longest coastline

this is our sickness as Somalis ! what are you on about saaxib ! Somalis legitimately are the most paranoid people in the world.

Hobyo is one of the deepest ports in the worlds its world class. this entire world is built on give and take ! they develop the port and get a nice profit we get a good modern port to feed the inland people. Of course there are issues to look out for. Chinese build quality , labor issues and making sure they stay in there remit and dont start looting other stuff.

Long term benefits
- improve getting vital supplies to the inland people.
- Jobs created at the port
- revenue generated
- Export local produce more efficiently

Long term Drawbacks
- imports creates trade deficit
- limits manufacturing / production sectors as they cant compete with important goods prices.
- loss of profits would be ideal if we financed it Ourselfs.

Last edited:

The Rebel

Resident of: Magaalada Cadaado
Great developments but we must be cautious of the chinese, they often invest billions in poor regions on purpose, buy doing all these unnecessary projects, then they viciously demand payment and when you can't pay they will use the infrastructure themselves for decades.

@Boqor Geeljire252 @GABAN

A halfway revenue split between dawlada and the Chinese with a commitment within two years to train locals. Also an option to renegotiate revenue split in our favour after two years if I recall correctly (not completely sure on the time frame).
These are just the preliminary stuff I've heard. I'll keep my ear out. More hopeful than I initially was :obama:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Gbyallmeans

Yuusuf direed Founding Father of Ahlu-naar

A halfway revenue split between dawlada and the Chinese with a commitment within two years to train locals. Also an option to renegotiate revenue split in our favour after two years if I recall correctly (not completely sure on the time frame).
These are just the preliminary stuff I've heard. I'll keep my ear out. More hopeful than I initially was :obama:

:samwelcome: i hope in Xaaf's time he will be able to have finished Ahlu-naar and Hobyo Port, so that the next President (most probable your adeer) will start with smooth term of developments inshallah.

All in all, cheers for the info bro!

Agent 47

Edit:
I thought you were saying the Chinese and federal government will split the revenue:mjlol:

And I assumaed you were censored and I just realized you were Hobyo user:drakelaugh:

Agent 47

:icon eek: did you qoute the wrong guy or?
I edited it lol. I thought you were some random saying the hobyo port revenue will be split between federal government and The Chinese while the Galmudug government comes under the federal government for the hobyo port revenue so I suddenly assumed you were just random dude hating on the project. Then I scrolled up then saw you were the OP and I was like wtf and realized you were hobyo prince user.

I edited it lol. I thought you were some random saying the hobyo port revenue will be split between federal government and The Chinese while the Galmudug government comes under the federal government for the hobyo port revenue so I suddenly assumed you were just random dude hating on the project. Then I scrolled up then saw you were the OP and I was like wtf and realized you were hobyo prince user.
Oh lol. I meant that the revenue will be split equally with the dawlada [Galmudug] and the Chinese at first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending