Galdogob District + Tuurdibi Dry Port and Customs Development

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
Ok dont Get me wrong but why are somali back home building hotels and portsπŸ™„
I feel like we milloin hotel and ports already... Is It because of ngo schemes or are we just that into ports and hotels?
Ports in the current situation bring safe income to anyone invest it.

Leaders of DDSI regions of Bookh, Galxamuur, Galaadi, Danoot held a meeting with Puntland to strengthen relations, in regards to security and economic development. These meetings will be held regularly, every three months.

Both DDSI and Puntland will work together to fight terrorism, tahriib, illegal arms, drugs/alcohol.

In regards to economic development:

There will be 4 areas through West Mudug that will act as 'customs'

Tuurdibi to Galaadi
Darusalaam to Gambaaray and Bookh.
Dudun to Galxamur etc.
Galdogob to Goodwaahis etc.

Plus ( Buuhoodle-Puntland and Buuhoodle-Danot)- but that's another topic.

Last edited:

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
Leaders of DDSI regions of Bookh, Galxamuur, Galaadi, Danoot held a meeting with Puntland to strengthen relations, in regards to security and economic development. These meetings will be held regularly, every three months.

Both DDSI and Puntlnad will work together to fight terrorism, tahriib, illegal arms, drugs/alcohol.

In regards to economic development:

There will be 4 areas through West Mudug that will act as 'customs'

Tuurdibi to DDSI in general
Darusalaam to Gambaaray and Bookh etc.
Dhudun to Galxamur etc.
Galdogob to Godorwaris etc.

Plus ( Buuhoodle-Puntland and Buuhoodle-Danot)- but that's another topic.

(1) NEWS - PL & DDS border and commercial agreement | Somali Spot | Forum, News, Videos

Thanks @FBIsomalia!

2-34.jpg

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP

@Pwyneth Galtrow I want to see these type of public market places that replaces those awful tin-shed, umbrella stores, and the vegetable markets who operate on the ground with a rug. Maybe if we created this and made it all glass building wud be great. But something has to happen to those traders who operate like it's black market.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I want to visit Galdogob. They are truly a mighty clan I have respect for Darbi Darod. I am happy to see the town progressing. Galdogob is the second most developed town in Mudug after Galkacyo. This 3G corridor to Garacad port is going to make it boom as a regional trade hub. That one road between Galkacyo to Bosaso created our cities. U can expect the same for the 3-G corridor of galdogob-galkacyo-garacad to be developed in the same way.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP

We need to send a lessons learned team for gardafu and other puntland areas off the road to see how galdogob developed, the strategies they used, we should exchange knowledge between puntites off the road as they have similar challenges. Now that the road will be built for galdogob to garacad, it will make it a new trade corridor where truck are zooming in and out from ddsi and central somalia to garacad port. They will collect mighty taxes at the puntland/ddsi borders and can use that to build galdogob infrastructure.

I am impressed with their development considering their not blessed to have a road, they surely beating other off the road towns in PL. Galdogob shall be the adopted model of development for off the road puntites. What do u say @Pwyneth Galtrow

I give credit where credit is due.

Trending