Gadabursi Meeting

Gathering of Gadabursi taking place in a few days in Ethiopia for a prayer service. There hasn't been any sort of gathering by the the entire clan in years and has been greenlighted by the Ugaas Guud.

FB_IMG_1683077730626.jpg
FB_IMG_1683136487321.jpg

FB_IMG_1683136269827.jpg
FB_IMG_1683137327622.jpg
FB_IMG_1683136248015.jpg
However, there are political implications attached to the prayer service, given the current political climate in the North. That is why Ina Bixi and our Horgal have been trying to prevent it. They also don't want to see the unity of the clan and want to retain the division for their benefit.

Last edited:
Gathering of Gadabursi taking place in a few days in Ethiopia for a prayer service. There hasn't been any sort of gathering by the the entire clan in years and has been greenlighted by the Ugaas Guud.

View attachment 270553View attachment 270560
View attachment 270561View attachment 270562View attachment 270563However, there are political implications attached to the prayer service, given the current political climate in the North. Hence why Ina Bixi and our Horgal have been trying to prevent it because they don't want to see the unity of the clan and want to retain the division for their benefit.
Lool imagine if the Ugaas does a Garaad Jamaac and starts a blue revolution there. And why do some of the elders in Borama not like the Ugaas?

Lool imagine if the Ugaas does a Garaad Jamaac and starts a blue revolution there. And why do some of the elders in Borama not like the Ugaas?
Both due to sub sub clanism and because they're getting their pockets lined by Ina Bixi and Co. I won't say who but some of our elders and our politicians were the ones who called for shots to be fired at their own Ugaas in 2020 and kicked him out of Borama.

And he hasn't been allowed to enter the region ever since. That is why the prayer service is happening in one of our Ethiopian deegans instead of Caasimada Beesha.

Both due to sub sub clanism and because they're they get their pockets lined by Ina Bixi and Co. I won't say much but some of our elders and our politicians were the ones who called for shots to be fired at their own Ugaas in 2020 and kicked him out of Borama.
Why do u think reer Borama entertain SL then? Is it simply just a matter of being paid by SL elites? The Ugaas seems to be loved by all the anti SL folks.

Why do u think reer Borama entertain SL then? Is it simply just a matter of being paid by SL elites? The Ugaas seems to be loved by all the anti SL folks.
The status quo was not bad considering how much political clout the clan was getting but it offers nothing else anymore than that and whatever government takes over doesn't share development projects hence the formation of large opposition. There is a monopoly and some people wont allow it to be disrupted.

The Ugaas is not on the payroll of Somaliland but even even pro-sl ones support him because he stands for a long line of history.

Last edited:
He seems to be blaming SL for the stuff going on between Samaroon.
Well, it's no secret that Somaliland is behind most of it. For example, you can see it with Samaroon being divided in all three Isaaq political parties instead of forming a bloc under one party. This is politically driven to weaken the clan, because unlike the dispersed Isaaq subclans who are spread out in many regions and do not border each other, they are mostly united in politics on a subclan basis. However, we who live together in Awdal and border our own in Maroodi Jeex are divided.

Basically, the Ugaas sees it as if we're going backwards and not forwards. It's pointless if you're not united. You're gonna be losing at your own expense.

Last edited:
Well, it's no secret that Somaliland is behind most of it. For example, you can see it with Samaroon being divided in all three Isaaq political parties instead of forming a bloc under one party. This is politically driven to weaken the clan, because unlike the dispersed Isaaq subclans who are spread out in many regions and do not border each other, they are mostly united in politics on a subclan basis. However, we who live together in Awdal and border our own in Maroodi Jeex are divided.

Basically, the Ugaas sees it as if we're going backwards and not forwards. It's pointless if you're not united. You're gonna be losing at your own expense.
That makes sense. What do u believe are the pressing issues of Awdal and do u think SL are intentionally trying their best to keep Awdal the way it is? if so what issues do u tink they aren’t trying to solve on purpose? And what’s ur opinion on Ahmed ismail Samatar recent love for SL and the formation of Hilaac? And wasn’t UDUB chaired by Dahir riyale?

That makes sense. What do u believe are the pressing issues of Awdal and do u think SL are intentionally trying their best to keep Awdal the way it is? if so what issues do u tink they aren’t trying to solve on purpose? And what’s ur opinion on Ahmed ismail Samatar recent love for SL and the formation of Hilaac? And wasn’t UDUB chaired by Dahir riyale?
The pressing issue is the lack of economic development in our region. Despite Borama being the third largest revenue generator after Hargeisa and Berbera, Borama has not received any large scale projects (much needed road projects to cities within Awdal and the coast) while the barren lands of the East have. For example, Burco has benefited from two road projects that connect to both Hargeisa and Berbera. One was an old road but rehabilitated and the other was assigned by Somaliland Development Fund which is funded through European donors. Moreover, projects like Jetty, which could have supported our fishing community along the coast, were assigned to Reer Maydh when it could've been assingted to Lughaya or Saylac which generates more revenue than Maydh. But instead, we were given a subpar water project in Borama that nobody asked for because the city has never experienced any significant water shortages. The money that went to that could've funded a major road within the region.

I'll admit that was all done by former Samaroon Minister of planning but he was handpicked Horgal by Ina Bixi to f*ck us over as did his predecessor of MOP, who was also Samaroon. This is systemically done by Heego, that's why Bixi doesn't appoint Samaroon Ministers that would assign large scale projects like I mentioned to Awdal. This is also a symptom of the division because we can't call those individuals out if their subclans are backing them in their wrongdoings. We're actually divided but outsiders can't see it. We direct more tribalism inwards than outwards that's why outsiders tend to think we're not Qabilist at all.

As a follow up of what I said proves Somaliland is most definitely to blame. SL at the helm of Heego and their lackeys, intentionally prevent us from getting large scale projects because they see us as big competition due to our own aspirations and prospects for an economic corridor from Ethiopia through Awdal and to our coast and Djibouti. So they can't have us competing with their monopoly at all. We are behind GX when it comes to being an economic threat. We want to build on our own success, but GX wants to takeover their monopoly so they're prevented from getting the kursi and while we're hushed with meagre projects, appeased with political representation or led astray with other shit.

Last edited:
And what’s ur opinion on Ahmed ismail Samatar recent love for SL and the formation of Hilaac? And wasn’t UDUB chaired by Dahir riyale?
Riwaayad buu wada. I've been a supporter before of him and his Political association but what he's doing is in vain because the current political dynamics will reshuffle. And he doesn't even have major political backing from Beesha due to our division in the first place, on top of Isaaqs at eachother throats and split up in their own parties. Yes, UDUB was chaired by Riyaale.

Riwaayad buu wada. I've been a supporter before of him and his Political association but what he's doing is in vain because the current political dynamics will reshuffle. And he doesn't even have major political backing from Beesha due to our division in the first place, on top of Isaaqs at eachother throats and split up in their own parties. Yes, UDUB was chaired by Riyaale.
Interesting and insightful. What led to the samaroon division in the first place? I remember seeing a pic of one of the previous Puntland MPs trying to engage with the Ugaas. It seems Somalia has tried in the past to reunite the Samaroon clan and try and uprise against SL. And what’s ur opinion on dahir riyale presidency?

Interesting and insightful. What led to the samaroon division in the first place? I remember seeing a pic of one of the previous Puntland MPs trying to engage with the Ugaas. It seems Somalia has tried in the past to reunite the Samaroon clan and try and uprise against SL. And what’s ur opinion on dahir riyale presidency?
It's complicated and I don't want to share our ceeb bro.

I don't think I've seen that picture. But to be honest, outsiders cannot fix the internal divisions of clans. Unless outsiders wage war and create an external threat of themselves, as they have done for Dhulbahante.

I have no strong opinion on Riyaale but he did his job, stired Somaliland into the path of democracy ect. And a bunch of other stuff he's commended for but I only care about what he did for beesha and he didn't do enough imo.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Build your own Port, Airport and open shares to other Somali clans to speed up the process.
That combined with revenue generated by Amoud University and Borama's aesthetic will make Awdal a self-funded and independent entity.

@Sophisticate

:banderas:
I agree.πŸ‘ That would certainly help. I think we forget that in the UAE for instance they have ports within kilometers of each other. Anyone who tells you it's too close to Berbera or Djibouti is simply ignorant or thinking zero sum. There is enough to go around. And it's important to create some semblance of independence and I think your point on collaboration works best.πŸ™

I agree.πŸ‘ That would certainly help. I think we forget that in the UAE for instance they have ports within kilometers of each other. Anyone who tells you it's too close to Berbera or Djibouti is simply ignorant or thinking zero sum. There is enough to go around. And it's important to create some semblance of independence and I think your point on collaboration works best.πŸ™

Fun fact I found out recently.

Majeerteen, Moracase and Morasante were raised by their Samaroon grandmother. Salaan Sare to our Ayeeyos. :salute:

it is quite interesting that 'Harti' could be of af Maay? I read it was of Cafar/Ciise extraction, because of their mother being of that community, brought up by their grandmother, who was of Samaroon, and her sons were all named after their maternal grandfathers, which is in where nicknames such as Majeerteen, Moorasaante (Warsangeli), Mooracase (Dashiishe), Xijiijle etc. have their origin.

Last edited:

Trending