Gabal and Warjeex

Hamzza

VIP
Who has more information about the people of Gabal & Warjeex who were Somalis living in the fringes of the Ethiopian empire in the 13th century according to Enrico Cerulli?

The Gabal were described in the Ethiopian chronicles as people living in the region of Alula(Gulf of Aden) and the Warjeex as shepherds allied with the Gabal(Somalis) and Imam Salah of Ifat against Emperor Amde tziyon

@Garaad diinle

Who has more information about the people of Gabal & Warjeex who were Somalis living in the fringes of the Ethiopian empire in the 13th century according to Enrico Cerulli?

The Gabal were described in the Ethiopian chronicles as people living in the region of Alula(Gulf of Aden) and the Warjeex as shepherds allied with the Gabal(Somalis) and Imam Salah of Ifat against Emperor Amde tziyon

@Garaad diinle

Is Warjeex the same as Werji

Hamzza

VIP
Is Warjeex the same as Werji
Yes i think they are Werji

I didn't know people called Werji/Warjeex exist today

42.jpg
41.jpg

Garaad diinle

 

@Garaad diinle
Interesting, i've heard of them now that i think about it but i don't know much about them to be honest. Wergeh have been mentioned as camel pastoralist if i'm not mistaken. They alongside the mysterious doba are one of the enigmatic tribes mentioned in the amda siyon.

Last edited:

Somali_patriotic

Everything unuka leh
Send the source where it says gabal are from alula

Trending