Gabadh reer somaliland " sidee bay Reer SWS 60 + Hidhibaan Ku heleen ayago 2 gobols ah, Somalilandna ayaga 5 gobol 45 Hidhibaan la siiyey"

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
Ciise is overrepresented
Gadabursi and Isaaq are underrepresented
Mirifle is overrepresented
Digil is underrepresented

All of the statements above are true

Ciise is overrepresented

Being overrepresented or underrepresented would be based on clan or subclan like saying Hariin Hoon are overrepresented or Hadame or Eelay Bohorad etc not based on mirifle or digil

mohamedismail

Reewin. Lixda Gobol ee Maayland unii leh!
Ciise is overrepresented

Could you explain how and why?

So you agree with the girl in the video?

And would you say Majeerteen is overrepresented or underrepresented?

Abaq

VIP
Ciise is overrepresented

4.5 is oppression. My sub clan has more land and numbers compared to Ciise who don’t even live in Somalia yet we have way less seats

Thegoodshepherd

VIP
Being overrepresented or underrepresented would be based on clan or subclan like saying Hariin Hoon are overrepresented or Hadame or Eelay Bohorad etc not based on mirifle or digil
I'm not sure I understand your point. Mirifle has more MPs than would be warranted by their population. Digil has too few MPs. I consider Mirifle a subclan of D&M.

@mohamedismail Lower Shabelle has as many people as Bay+Bakool. Yet Digil only get 31% of the seats of D&M. It should be more like 50-50. Mirifle is not double the size of Digil.

MJ is the most underrepresented subclan. MJ is bigger than Mirifle and have 12 MPs, whereas Mirifle have 42.

@Abaq 4.5 was a way to achieve a consensus agreement among the clans to build the TNG. No one ever thought it would be in place 26 years later. Ina Geele got the 8 seats for Ciise as a thank you for hosting Carta.

4.5 is not so bad at the clan family level as the 4 clan families are all within Β± of 20% of the total population.

mohamedismail

I'm not sure I understand your point. Mirifle has more MPs than would be warranted by their population. Digil has too few MPs. I consider Mirifle a subclan of D&M.

@mohamedismail Lower Shabelle has as many people as Bay+Bakool. Yet Digil only get 31% of the seats of D&M. It should be more like 50-50. Mirifle is not double the size of Digil.

MJ is the most underrepresented subclan. MJ is bigger than Mirifle and have 12 MPs, whereas Mirifle have 42.

@Abaq 4.5 was a way to achieve a consensus agreement among the clans to build the TNG. No one ever thought it would be in place 26 years later. Ina Geele got the 8 seats for Ciise as a thank you for hosting Carta.

4.5 is not so bad at the clan family level as the 4 clan families are all within Β± of 20% of the total population.
MJ is bigger then Mirifle?.

According to which stats and how did you reach that conclusion.

Mirifle is comprised of 20 odd subclans and live across 5 gobols Bakool+Baay+Gedo+middle jubba+ Banaadir. So if you think the estimated population of Baay+Bakool = Mirifle population you are wrong.

Thegoodshepherd

VIP
MJ is bigger then Mirifle?.

According to which stats and how did you reach that conclusion.

Mirifle is comprised of 20 odd subclans and live across 5 gobols Bakool+Baay+Gedo+middle jubba+ Banaadir. So if you think the estimated population of Baay+Bakool = Mirifle population you are wrong.
Bari/Nugaal and Bay/Bakool cancel out.
Although Diinsoor is a Digil majority district, I will count it as Mirifle.

What remains are:
MJ in Mudug, Dollo Zone and Lower Juba.
Mirifle in Banadir, Middle Juba and Gedo.

I think the remaining MJ outnumber the remaining Mirifle. Mirifle have been in long term decline relative to Maxaa Tiri speakers. The collapse of agriculture in Somalia has been catastrophic for the Mirifle.

So you agree with the girl in the video?

And would you say Majeerteen is overrepresented or underrepresented?

Majeerteen political representation shrunk a LOT through the 4.5 system, before when we had 1M1V, we had MJ MPs all over Somalia.
I can't wait for 4.5 to be abolished, it makes a lot of people delusional, encourages 'group-think', and worst of all, it sidelines people who are already marginalised.

She's right and it's why the suldaan who put us under the 4.6 system got publicly lynched and thrown to jail once he landed in Hargeisa like how come Reer Sheekh Isxaaq who are equal to Hawiye and Darood be having less representation in Xamar?? it's fraud system that was meant to justify or pave the way for Darood and Hawiye clans hegemony in Somalia's poltical life.

mohamedismail

What remains are:

I think the remaining MJ outnumber the remaining Mirifle. Mirifle have been in long term decline relative to Maxaa Tiri speakers. The collapse of agriculture in Somalia has been catastrophic for the Mirifle.
Do you know that Baydhabo alone is estimated to have 1.2 million inhabitants UN.

So are we talking about the land size the two inhabit? Or population.

Land mass wize yes those two regions are equal. But Baay and Bakool are 10x more populated then those regions you mentioned.

What remains are:

4.5 does not count Somalis in Ethiopia otherwise Ogaden alone would get 60 seats of their own. The Mirifleh in Banadir, Gedo, Middle and Lower Juba outnumber the MJ in northern Mudug (Galdgob is majority Leelkase) and Lower Juba (basically Kismayo district)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Cartan Boos

Average SSC Patriot
VIP

@mohamedismail why u always say u reewin people are discriminated against when mirifle alone gets 42

Thegoodshepherd

VIP
4.5 does not count Somalis in Ethiopia otherwise Ogaden alone would get 60 seats of their own. The Mirifleh in Banadir, Gedo, Middle and Lower Juba outnumber the MJ in northern Mudug (Galdgob is majority Leelkase) and Lower Juba (basically Kismayo district)

I disagree for the following reasons:

1. Most of the D&M IDPs in Banadir are from Lower Shabelle and are largely Digil. Mirifle IDPs relocate to Baydhabo rather than Banadir.
  2. Ceel Barde district in Bakool and Diinsoor district in Bay are not Mirifle (Even Rabdhuure district in Bakool has a large Darood population in Yeed but it is majority Mirifle).
  3. Mirifle inhabited areas are more diverse than MJ inhabited areas. MJ areas are more homogenous.
  4. Mirifle have almost no presence in Lower Juba. In Middle Juba, Mirifle share Saakow district with Absame, and most D&M in Buaale & Jilib are Digil (Dabarre). Maay speaking Reer Goleed are not Mirifle.
  5. In Gedo, Gabaweyn and Garre are not Mirifle. Only majority Mirifle settlement in Gedo is tiny Yurkud in Luuq district.

Last edited:

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Majeerteen political representation shrunk a LOT through the 4.5 system, before when we had 1M1V, we had MJ MPs all over Somalia.
I can't wait for 4.5 to be abolished, it makes a lot of people delusional, encourages 'group-think', and worst of all, it sidelines people who are already marginalised.
Merit based is better than the 4.5 system. Often this system is used to hold competent individuals back. And in turn hold Somalia hostage to rampant corruption.

Trending