Future

SOULSEARCHING

Hakuna matata
VIP
When I was a teenager I wanted to be a model and photographer, but I knew I couldn't be a model, as it's not a suitable career for a muslimah. I am not a perfect Muslim myself but at that young age I thought carefully about it, I knew this life is temporary so why dig myself a hole for my akhirah ?

Looking now and seeing so many Muslim sisters becoming aspiring models and them seeing it as big achievement I wonder if they thought like me ?

Modelling is a dangerous career it breaks many aspects of the sharia
Like , women showing of their bodies while walking down the runway with music , loads of makeup , traveling alone and intermingling with men, I could go on and on about the wrongs in being in the fashion industry for a Muslim person man or women.

Just imagine when you die , your photos will still be around.

i still don't know why its considered haram for a woman to travel alone. wasn't it because arabia was dangerous back in the day?

SOULSEARCHING

Hakuna matata
VIP
i still don't know why its considered haram for a woman to travel alone. wasn't it because arabia was dangerous back in the day?

One good reason I could think of is, it's dangerous, some men are very tempted to do evil, rape, murder etc because she is Muslim and women means easy target. you see more Muslim women now being attacked by cowardly men in the West.

Also she could have accident, car breaks down in the middle of nowhere ? You need a man to help you with that lol

Last edited:
I traveled alone since i was 20. It is dangerous for women no matter how advanced our world is. It is dangerous to be women in this world.. There was a couple of times i was scared.Allah knows best.

Mimir

Caafimaad baby
The more xalimos in modeling, the better. Little xalimos growing up will have role models to look up to.
I hope this never happens.

I don't want us turning into AA by taking entertainers and models as role models.

Mimir

Caafimaad baby
Entertainers are better than drug addicts!
:gucciwhat::mjlol::pachah1::russ:
Walahi you make laugh sometimes.I didn't mention anything to do with drugdealers and addicts.

67 iq at play

There are a lot of Somali role models to look up to that are not entertainers like Halima Aden

:gucciwhat::mjlol::pachah1::russ:
Walahi you make laugh sometimes.I didn't mention anything to do with drugdealers and addicts.

67 iq at play

There are a lot of Somali role models to look up to that are not entertainers like Halima Aden

I was talking about models at first and then you mentioned entertainers. I don't even know of one Somali entertainer. Anyways, my point is that we don't have great representation in the Somali community, so you shouldn't hate on entertainers.

With little education, this bloke Sharky Jama was doing well as a model.

upload_2019-12-8_18-30-22.jpeg

upload_2019-12-8_18-31-13.jpeg

Till these guys knocked his door and told him that he will go to hell.

He became one of them and flew to Syria

upload_2019-12-8_18-33-46.jpeg

He died there.

Now, his poor mum cries all the time and warns young people about street preachers.

Mimir

Caafimaad baby
I was talking about models at first and then you mentioned entertainers. I don't even know of one Somali entertainer. Anyways, my point is that we don't have great representation in the Somali community, so you shouldn't hate on entertainers.
When I said entertainers I was talking about the AA

Trending

Latest posts