Funny snapchat

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
let her do her incorrect squats in peace

He's right, abaayo. Deadlifts and squats are honestly pretty unnecessary exercises if you're not competing to be a powerlifter or something like that. Don't get me wrong, they do a lot of work and are amazing in that sense but the risk vs reward is not worth it because even learned and experienced people can suddenly slack on form a bit and when you're lifting really heavy at that level you can pop a disc or something just like that. Frankly, I would advise this girl to just stick to leg-presses or something like hack squats. Her back will thank her in the long term.

He's right, abaayo. Deadlifts and squats are honestly pretty unnecessary exercises if you're not competing to be a powerlifter or something like that. Don't get me wrong, they do a lot of work and are amazing in that sense but the risk vs reward is not worth it because even learned and experienced people can suddenly slack on form a bit and when you're lifting really heavy at that level you can pop a disc or something just like that. Frankly, I would advise this girl to just stick to leg-presses or something like hack squats. Her back will thank her in the long term.
True 💯

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
I disagree, they’re very necessary and useful.

Only time it becomes a risk is when you’re lifting either too heavy for your own good or if your doing bad form.

You’ll never be in a situation where you’ll have your back against a surface and need to push with your legs but you squat and deadlift every single day and often times with heavy objects.

Squatting and deadlifting helps your muscles in your body become more coordinated instead of isolating and working each muscle.

Literally everysingle gym goer squats (maybe not deadlifts) and there’s rarely any problems. If squatting is dangerous then so is bench pressing or any free weight excercise for that matter.

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
I squat with a wide stance because I've got tight hip flexor I need to stretch everyday . My hips are small and my legs are long so I can't help it :browtf: front squats are cool tho.

@Abdisamad everyone has shit form when they first start. Give her a few pointers or something.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
I disagree, they’re very necessary and useful.

Only time it becomes a risk is when you’re lifting either too heavy for your own good or if your doing bad form.

You’ll never be in a situation where you’ll have your back against a surface and need to push with your legs but you squat and deadlift every single day and often times with heavy objects.

Squatting and deadlifting helps your muscles in your body become more coordinated instead of isolating and working each muscle.

Literally everysingle gym goer squats (maybe not deadlifts) and there’s rarely any problems. If squatting is dangerous then so is bench pressing or any free weight excercise for that matter.

Agree to disagree, walaal. People generally do accumulate injuries doing deadlifts and squats no matter how careful and ego-free they are. I certainly have over the years despite my best efforts. Minor or not. Mind you, I'm not against the lifts themselves but just their conventional ways of being done. For example, I think most people would be better served doing hex bar deadlifts:

A lot more safe and forgiving back wise if you eff up your form. And in the case of squats you're probably better off in the long-term doing things like leg-presses and hack squats. I've just seen too many people, even pros, get minor to serious injuries doing normal squats and deadlifts regularly to take them seriously anymore. And, frankly, it seems a lot of fitness types agree:

On the note of what you were saying about these lifts being more practical than bench-pressing I saw this among the top comments, funnily enough:

As someone with a career picking 300 lb people off floor daily, the 5 step deadlift never happens in real life. How da fuc do I train for that???

For me, as someone who's achieved pretty decent strength levels before, it is more about the mental health benefits it affords me and the fact that I'll probably be able to lift some bags easily or do some cool acrobatic, body weight stuff most people would struggle to do but on a day to day basis I rarely ever encountered any of the lifts truly coming in handy beyond me simply being able to carry heavier stuff than most people and that was true in all different kinds of positions and not simply ones that resemble a deadlift.

Trending