FTDNA'S Y-DNA37 test?

Arabsiyawi

HA Activist.
I'm T-L206 according to 23andMe but as I am the only one of my clan to have posted about being T (Isaaq, Habar Awal) I am curious to know who my closest relatives Y-DNA wise are. Am I closer to other Isaaq's, Dirs or that 1 Hawiye from Djibouti ?
The problem is I don't want to pay for Big-Y as it is still a bit pricey, but I don't know how far each of the tests available on FTDNA goes. Is Y-37 okay for that purpose ? I plan on waiting a bit for the prices to lower so I can upgrade.
been looking for the answer through the whole forum, couldn't find it.

Faahiye

Male Male Male Male
I'm T-L206 according to 23andMe but as I am the only one of my clan to have posted about being T (Isaaq, Habar Awal) I am curious to know who my closest relatives Y-DNA wise are. Am I closer to other Isaaq's, Dirs or that 1 Hawiye from Djibouti ?
The problem is I don't want to pay for Big-Y as it is still a bit pricey, but I don't know how far each of the tests available on FTDNA goes. Is Y-37 okay for that purpose ? I plan on waiting a bit for the prices to lower so I can upgrade.
@Alexis,

Very interesting, not a lot of habar awal come out as hablogroup T. May I ask what your subclan is? And I assume your closest relatives would be other isaaqs, gadabuursi and issa with hablogroup T.

Best,

Faahiye

Apollo

VIP

It's useful for checking if on the basic deep level you belong to the same sub-clade as another tested person. However, almost all Somali T carriers are T-Y45591. It may still be useful to you as you are an Habar Awal with T, so maybe you can discover more on how it came to your subclan (as most HAs are E as far as I know).

https://www.yfull.com/tree/T-Y45591/

Soon (next month) the TMRCA (time to most recent common ancestor) of all Somali T carriers will be known.

Trending