From Al Shabab To Presidency

Status
Not open for further replies.

fox

31/12/16 - 04/04/20
VIP
sh-axmad-madoobe-iyo-alshabaab-300x200.jpg

Ahmed Madobe was a a former Al shabab commander and hes the President of Jubaland. Will Roobow turn to politics? I've heard that hes really popular in the South West State.
Ethiopia and Kenya still support their favorite Somali proxies. For Kenya, the key ally is Sheik Ahmed “Madobe,” a former high-level al-Shabab commander who defected to create his Ogadeni anti-Shabab militias, Ras Kamboni, and who in 2015 got himself elected president of the newly-formed Jubaland state.
https://www.brookings.edu/blog/orde...efforts-to-counter-al-shabab-falling-so-flat/

Lordilord

❤Somaliland❤
I'm not very informed about Jubaland but how did he become a president if he was a former al-shabab member not only but also a commander????? :jaynerd:

I'm not very informed about Jubaland but how did he become a president if he was a former al-shabab member not only but also a commander????? :jaynerd:
Cause op is picking and choosing facts he wasn't alshabab he was ogaden branch allied with alshabab in 2008 he and alshabab had falling out alshabab drove him and his militia out of kismayo for the next 3 he was in raskboni and came back allied with kenyans

Lordilord

❤Somaliland❤
Cause op is picking and choosing facts he wasn't alshabab he was ogaden branch allied with alshabab in 2008 he and alshabab had falling out alshabab drove him and his militia out of kismayo for the next 3 he was in raskboni and came back allied with kenyans
Allying with al-shabab even if there is no alliance today and he still got president role. The people must be very forgiving there...:gucciwhat:

fox

31/12/16 - 04/04/20
VIP
Puntland got him the position.
Stop bullshiting sxb. Ahmed madobe was a alshabab commander.

Lordilord

❤Somaliland❤
Al-shabab is why the government is halted to the point it is today much needed development, aid in all forms and progress is halted because of them. You are telling me there is a former ally of al-shabab and he is the president of a federal state in Somalia.

At this point I don't even know what to say. This leniency against dickhead leaders that has ties with al-shabab within Somalia is beyond my understanding... There should be no tolerance at all. :what:

Cotton Eyed Joe

More law, less justice.
VIP
Al-shabab is why the government is halted to the point it is today much needed development, aid in all forms and progress is halted because of them. You are telling me there is a former ally of al-shabab and he is the president of a federal state in Somalia.

At this point I don't even know what to say. This leniency against dickhead leaders that has ties with al-shabab within Somalia is beyond my understanding... There should be no tolerance at all. :what:
He is a tribal militia leader for the ogaden clan. He allied himself with al shabaab to gain control of Kismayo which has been fought over by many tribes over the years namely Marehan and Harti. Al shabaab kicked him out of Kismayo and he formed Ras Kamboni militia which is located in Ras Kamboni the very south tip of Somalia next to Kenya when Kenya invaded they helped him to the Jubbaland presidency. Somalia aka Hasan sheikh Mohamud would not recognize it but in the end he caved due to IC political pressure and internally Puntland. Thats how Jubbaland got statehood even though it only controls Kismayo and surroundings.

Everything is tribe in Somalia if you come from a big tribe and you are al shabaab you will never be killed.

Puntland got him the position.

Stop bullshiting sxb. Ahmed madobe was a alshabab commander.
He was
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hizbul_Islam
They and alshabab had a fight over kismayo
Mjland had very little to do with his power gain
Allying with al-shabab even if there is no alliance today and he still got president role. The people must be very forgiving there...:gucciwhat:
Somali government is more or less former warlords militia allied together
They let strongest militia dictate the new areas alshabab leaves he had the strongest militia near kismayo hence why his here:manny:

fox

31/12/16 - 04/04/20
VIP
@Cotton Eyed Joe is saying Ahmed Madobe fought with them:
He is a tribal militia leader for the ogaden clan. He allied himself with al shabaab to gain control of Kismayo.
But @Starscream is saying he fought against them:
He was
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hizbul_Islam
They and alshabab had a fight over kismayo.
@Lordilord these man r fucking about :russ:let me quote some factual news:
Ahmed Madobe was a founding member of al-Shabab in August 2006. At the time Mogadishu and many areas in south-central Somalia were controlled by the Union of Islamic Courts (UIC). Jihadists in the group then accused the UIC leaders of not performing true Jihad.
https://www.voanews.com/a/somalia_al_shabab_weakened/1533919.html
Jubaland's President, Ahmed Mohamed Islam "Madobe", a former al-Shabab fighter, appears to be proving to be an astute politician by negotiating complex clan agreements to create an effective mixed militia many people feel they can trust.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-38003595
Madobe, a former al-Shabab leader who changed sides and came to power with the backing of Kenyan forces operating inside Somalia, is now the leader of the Jubaland Interim Administration.
http://www.aljazeera.com/programmes.../rebuilding-somalia-20141029123840608673.html

Cotton Eyed Joe

More law, less justice.
VIP
Bullshit VOA is wrong he was not a founding member of shabaab his militia was part of the ICU.

fox

31/12/16 - 04/04/20
VIP
Al Jazeera and BBC dont say he is a founding member, dont talk to me about history I was around you fucking ciyaal. Kulaha Ahmed madobe was founding member of Shabaab, shabaab existed years before that.
Where did i say ahmed madobe was a founding members? I merely qouted it because you and @Starscream contradicted. Wait, another personal attack? :russ:what did i do to you?:mjlol:

This is what happens when you give a retard a keyboard
Let me requote myself
he and alshabab had falling out
Even in my post i said he had falling out do you know what that means it means they use to work together :gucciwhat:
If you gonna be an expert at least use credible source
Here is the un article
20170816_102441.png

He was never part of alshabab he was hizbul

fox

31/12/16 - 04/04/20
VIP
This is what happens when you give a retard a keyboard
Let me requote myself

Even in my post i said he had falling out do you know what that means it means they use to work together :gucciwhat:
If you gonna be an expert at least use credible source
Here is the un article
View attachment 27197
He was never part of alshabab he was hizbul
You're going in circles sxb. Ahmed Madobe is ex-al shabab. I used 4 different reputable sources.

You're going in circles sxb. Ahmed Madobe is ex-al shabab. I used 4 different reputable sources.
what your using is opinion article what am using is the un report :stopit:
In my previous post it talks about ahmed Madoobe being in hizbul not alshabab
Here is another quote from the un report telling the difference between the two
20170816_113739.png

Clearly the un report
Also ahmed was never part of alshabab he was originally icu then after being in prison became the raskboni commander the only time he was a commander of anything stop lying

Last edited:

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP

we had a whole 'president' of the entire country that was al Shabab. Lol

Sheikh sharif sheikh .

I'm done with Somalis everyday a new munafiq darker and uglier comes out :stopit:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending