Friendship rules

If you text a friend checking on them on WhatsApp...

"Hey how are you" "How's it going" etc.

And they've read it (double blue ticks) and not responded for a few weeks...

1. Do you wait until they respond
Or
2. Follow up with further message checking on them/calling them?

Are you someone who can pick up on energy/vibes from people to get a good sense of them?

I'm terrible sometimes on emotional intelligence.

Garaad diinle

๎€š๎€ž๎€ข๎€œ๎€  ๎€ ๎€Ÿ๎€ก๎€๎€›
There could be a number of reason why they didn't respond so we shouldn't jump to conclusion. People have different circumstances some don't like to talk a lot, some get in a bad mood or could simply be an introvert. It really depends on how close you two are assuming his not a very close friend i'd say try calling him directly and see what's up. If he didn't pick up you simply carry on and don't bother. While if you two are very close i'd say try to meet him in person or visit him instead.

Internet Nomad

๐‘ฎ๐’๐’๐’† ๐’‡๐’๐’“ ๐’ˆ๐’“๐’†๐’†๐’๐’†๐’“ ๐’‘๐’‚๐’”๐’•๐’–๐’“๐’†๐’”
VIP
start spam Messaging the most vile shit to get their attention then block.

Depends on why we were friends to begin with. Some people view friendships in a transactional way. I wouldnโ€™t get too focused on it.

If I see theyโ€™re not giving me the respect and undivided attention I give them, I simply keep it moving. It shows me how much they valued it. Why would you even want someone like that in your life ?

Please, donโ€™t keep messaging them. If they read it and cba to respond, you have all the answers you need. Donโ€™t chase after people.

Like another person mentioned, make excuses for them. So that you donโ€™t harbor any ill feelings towards them.

Last edited:
There could be a number of reason why they didn't respond so we shouldn't jump to conclusion. People have different circumstances some don't like to talk a lot, some get in a bad mood or could simply be an introvert. It really depends on how close you two are assuming his not a very close friend i'd say try calling him directly and see what's up. If he didn't pick up you simply carry on and don't bother. While if you two are very close i'd say try to meet him in person or visit him instead.
People can have their own personal matters that are bothering them but that doesnโ€™t mean itโ€™s okay to take it out on others. They should do a better job of communicating so the other person doesnโ€™t take it personally.

Garaad diinle

๎€š๎€ž๎€ข๎€œ๎€  ๎€ ๎€Ÿ๎€ก๎€๎€›
People can have their own personal matters that are bothering them but that doesnโ€™t mean itโ€™s okay to take it out on others. They should do a better job of communicating so the other person doesnโ€™t take it personally.
True i agree but i've noticed that there're people out there that wouldn't care and still acts in that way anyways. That is simply how they are and how they act. What's even more fascinating is that there are people that can put up with this. I for one cannot handle this much drama in my life.

Lostbox

ใ€ŒImmortal Sageใ€| Qabil-fluid
VIP
I don't think deeply about theses stuff. There to many reasons why. I would send a message and go on with my day. It's best not to set expectations of people because nothing disappoints you more then other people

Iโ€™d say try calling them, some people do better with calling than texting. If they consistently miss calls and texts, something is up. Talk to them about it

I text like that. We want access to you all the time but itโ€™s not gonna be reciprocated and we wonโ€™t do the same with you ๐Ÿ˜‚. We hate responding to texts donโ€™t take it to seriously

Shaygoosh

Dadkaan ahay waa Duriyad Saare iyo Dawolad! ๐Ÿ‘‘
it is ramandan bruv, people need their space to focus on whatโ€™s important to them. No response is a response. If I were you I wouldnโ€™t follow up until you hear from them. They probably forgot to respond or got distracted before they could respond.

Yaraye

VIP
I would feel some type of way if they read but didn't respond:stopit: If they didn't even open it, then i would assume that maybe they have something going on

iskufilann

inactive.
It's normal for the ticks to indicate its Sent clearly to their phone. They can review message. But the double blue they've 100% read it and chose not to respond.

Is that what you do?
Oh no I don't do that, if I see the message and I don't reply, I call the person as texting is long