French twitter thinks Somalis wear the hijab for cultural reasons not cause of Islam

Destiny

Shaah Enthusiast
Everyone has seen arab girls with hijab and jeans on, Somalis usually stick with skirts and dresses. But I find it funny how it’s suddenly a problem when Somalis wear jeans just because we’re not flat like them

Al Muslim

الموت لامريكا الموت لإسرائيل
Hijab is not just the head covering, it is the covering of the entire body except for the face and hands. Wearing tight clothes is immodest and degenerate.

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
I don’t see the problem here I’m gonna be honest. They’re not even wearing the hijab religiously obviously. They seem to be wearing it more like an accessory.

It’s just a scarf loosely bound to their head, that doesn’t make it a hijab.

strawberrii

#ArthurGang
Some people act like it’s just a cloth on their head when it’s way more than just that, I don’t blame people thinking it’s more “cultural” than religious.

The main motivation for Somali girls to wear the hijab is bc it's the cultural norm in Somali society. Not wearing it is considered culturally transgressive and comes with backlash. Somali girls pick this message up from a young age. Non-Somalis may not get it but it's a way of expressing bodily autonomy. They do this dressing like normal girls their age and wearing clothes they think are pretty and wearing makeup and to not go against the wishes of the community they combine it with the hijab. Non Somali's may think it's strange bc no other muslim culture in the west behaves like ours.

pablo

Make Dhulos Great Again
There’s truth to what she said, but goes for other cultures which are linked with Islam.

Everyone has seen arab girls with hijab and jeans on, Somalis usually stick with skirts and dresses. But I find it funny how it’s suddenly a problem when Somalis wear jeans just because we’re not flat like them

In all honesty theres no problem with hijab and jeans, but i think if you got too much cushion, you should go up a size. What's the point of a hijab if your jeans are a second skin?

strawberrii

#ArthurGang
In all honesty theres no problem with hijab and jeans, but i think if you got too much cushion, you should go up a size. What's the point of a hijab if your jeans are a second skin?
Going up a size wouldn’t help, it would be too big on the legs but nothing changes for the backside. Maybe just wearing a longer top to cover your behind would be helpful.

Trending