Free Will In Islam

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArchBishopofAtheism

Intellectual saqajaan
Allah says in the Quran that none he leads astray can be guided and that everything that will ever happen is preplanned. My question to you is why bother being religious if you know it's out of your hands? Secondly, if god decided to make you Muslim and make me non-Muslim, what's the basis for punishing or rewarding either one of us? Is Allah judging himself for what he made us do? Is he rewarding you for doing what he planned for you before you were even born?

Can you persuade god to change what he planned for you? Presumably, it might be preplanned that I will accept Islam 30 years from now and be "rewarded" for it and all you Muslims here will become atheists and be "punished". Can you not see the flaw with judging people for what you made them do? Can you not see that Muhammad didn't think this through when he made it up?

And for those of you that will claim you have some degree of free will, have you no shame?

Noir

Isaaq Elitist
Morality is doing what is right regardless of what you are told.Religion,in this case Islam is doing what you are told regardless of what is right!
You Muslims ever stop and think about this? Or is that you get excited by the thought of no acceptance of responsibility?

Allah gives people free will and then punishes(sends them to a torture hell,wow Allah,your nasty!) all those who don't believe in his vague quran recited by some random Arab warlord in the 7th century.You would think it would be about time for a new prophet,won't you? Since weren't in the fucking 7th century anymore!

Muslims will claim that everything happens for a reason and that it’s all part of some mysterious plan that Allah has for us, while simultaneously asserting that suffering, sin and evil are a result of free will.Huh!? Those are not compatible beliefs. If Allah has a plan for me, I have no free will to choose, and if I have free will, then Allah is not an all knowing and all powerful deity making things happen in my life.

ArchBishopofAtheism

Intellectual saqajaan
Morality is doing what is right regardless of what you are told.Religion,in this case Islam is doing what you are told regardless of what is right!
You Muslims ever stop and think about this? Or is that you get excited by the thought of no acceptance of responsibility?

Allah gives people free will and then punishes(sends them to a torture hell,wow Allah,your nasty!) all those who don't believe in his vague quran recited by some random Arab warlord in the 7th century.You would think it would be about time for a new prophet,won't you? Since weren't in the fucking 7th century anymore!

Muslims will claim that everything happens for a reason and that it’s all part of some mysterious plan that Allah has for us, while simultaneously asserting that suffering, sin and evil are a result of free will.Huh!? Those are not compatible beliefs. If Allah has a plan for me, I have no free will to choose, and if I have free will, then Allah is not an all knowing and all powerful deity making things happen in my life.
Exactly

Noir

Isaaq Elitist
Islam likes to pass itself off as loving, caring and generous, but this is nonsense. The truth is, Islam is proliferated through fear, fear of death, the devil, threats of punishment and going to hell. This is not an attempt to appeal to logic or reason, but to instill a sense of terror and cowardice by focusing on the horrific deaths of nonbelievers. Faith is a substitute for independent thought and individual courage.

Malcolm X

The price of freedom is death
I explained this before, I can't be bothered to explain this again.

All I have to say is:

"Ibn ad-Daylamī said: I came to Ubay Ibn Ka’b (a companion of Prophet Muhammad), and told him: “A thought of Al-Qadar has touched me, tell me something, maybe Allāh may clear it from my heart”. Ubay said: “If Allāh punishes people of the heaven and people of the earth, He punishes them justly, and if He showers them with His mercy, His mercy will be better for them than their deeds, and if you spend the weight of (mountain) Uhud in gold in the cause of Allāh, He will not accept it from you until you believe in Al-Qadar, you should know that whatever you receive, you would never have missed it, and if you die not believing in this, you will enter the Hellfire”. Ibn ad-Daylamī then said: “I came and ask Ibn Mas’ūd and he said the same thing, and then I went to Hudayfah and he told me the same thing, and then I went to Zayd Ibn Tābith and he narrated to me a Hadīth from the Prophet ﷺ which recounted the same”. [Sunan Ibn mājah and Abū Dawūd]"

No matter how I explain the relationship between Al-Qadr and free-will, I can rest easy knowing that if I believe, Allah will not be unjust. Their reward will be more than fair and their punishment will be just.

Genie

The last suugo bender
Allah says in the Quran that none he leads astray can be guided and that everything that will ever happen is preplanned. My question to you is why bother being religious if you know it's out of your hands? Secondly, if god decided to make you Muslim and make me non-Muslim, what's the basis for punishing or rewarding either one of us? Is Allah judging himself for what he made us do? Is he rewarding you for doing what he planned for you before you were even born?

Can you persuade god to change what he planned for you? Presumably, it might be preplanned that I will accept Islam 30 years from now and be "rewarded" for it and all you Muslims here will become atheists and be "punished". Can you not see the flaw with judging people for what you made them do? Can you not see that Muhammad didn't think this through when he made it up?

And for those of you that will claim you have some degree of free will, have you no shame?

as for qadr and divine decree just watch this video it sums it up nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending