GENETICS Free 23andMe kit for american somalis

Status
Not open for further replies.
23andMe’s African Genetics Project is offering kits at no cost to people with all four of their grandparents born in the same African country or from the same ethnic or tribal group within one of the following countries — Angola, Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Guinea Bissau, Guinea, Ivory coast, Liberia, Republic of Congo, Senegal, Somalia, Sudan and Togo. These countries are a priority for 23andMe because the majority of slaves brought from Africa to the Americas were brought from these African locations.

https://blog.23andme.com/23andme-research/the-african-genetics-project/

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Wow

I encourage everyone to do this, I got mine for free back in the day too

:banderas:

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Could shed some light on just how diverse the African American gene pool is

But how did Somalia make the cut?

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Which African American told 23andme that their ancestors were Somali? :mjkkk:

I lowkey think they put those countries in there to make their ultimate goal (being the first genealogy based research firm to do a holistic overview of African genetics) look less selfish.

Because if they can provide quick and easy research databases for medical and historical research projects, they gon be in the green for years to come.

The Somalis who do these tests are usually Arab bootyclappers and want to prove their J1 roots. Of course it's never J1 and they go into depression once they see their result.

Hatredfree

I got boomer connections
VIP
I went to try it but they ask consent to use my dna and information for research and they tell you everything will be published worldwide. I stopped. :bell:

RudeBoi

Feel my D in her abs call me Abdi
The Somalis who do these tests are usually Arab bootyclappers and want to prove their J1 roots. Of course it's never J1 and they go into depression once they see their result.
That's what happened to me sxb.I came out 23% SouthEast Asian when I was expecting Middle Eastern.

Allah knows I almost slit my wrists :jcoleno:

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
But make no mistake fam

Your genetic info will only be sold to the highest bidder.

Hatredfree

I got boomer connections
VIP
But make no mistake fam

Your genetic info will only be sold to the highest bidder.

Yeah I figured the whole purpose of them giving free kits. I knew it was too good to be true. But if some are fine with it. Go for it.:damedamn:

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Some of us actually have to be brave. We need larger sample sizes to effectively figure out diseases and migration patterns for the rest of the continent and a good chunk of that will ride on the original dispersion site.

Like we need that database at some point but wallahi it ain't gonna be me.

Rooble

Suldaanka Gobyare
VIP
Somalia, Sudan and Togo. These countries are a priority for 23andMe because the majority of slaves brought from Africa to the Americas were brought from these African locations.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
It's mostly shared with people tryna do migration studies, not some shady shit tbh

True but what if they find some skinny bone mutation and I'm the faraax they found it on.

Or they try to explain bidaar and your sample is the one they use :tocry:

Hatredfree

I got boomer connections
VIP
It's mostly shared with people tryna do migration studies, not some shady shit tbh

Stuff like Tracing past human male movements in northern/eastern Africa and ... - NCBI
Screenshot_2016-10-14-20-22-29-1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts