Former US Ambassador writes scathing critique of Farmaajo's government

Due to its distance and estrangement from Mogadishu, the United States should establish a consulate in Somaliland to assist U.S. citizens and businesses and to build relationships. It also should work with the African Union and others to resolve Somalilandโ€™s status by persuading Somaliaโ€™s next president to undertake immediate and serious negotiations. Somalilandโ€™s stability and locationโ€”particularly the port of Berberaโ€”could give the United States strategically useful options, but only if Somaliland has international legal standing to negotiate agreements or consented to provisions of arrangements negotiated by the FGS.

Source: The Way Forward

That is Checkmate!!!

Security in Mogadishu was better under Qoslaaye, this is how bad Farmaajo's government is.
With qoslaaye, it was incompetence, with farmaajo it isn't incompetence, he just doesn't give a f*ck.
look at how he secured election sites in HS, GM and KG elections, and now gedo using xabashi if necessary, but when it comes to security for the poor folks in xamar, he isn't interested. That's the worst thing about farmaajo.

Harun Marie's whole career is based on vad news in Somalia. He even wrote an exagerrated book on Al-shabab to gain fame.

As for the former Ambassador, its clear he wants to further destroy the Unity of Somalia. He wants the status quo from Hassan Sheik to continue, where you had 7 different heads of government in meetings.

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
Thereโ€™s always something to learn about criticism as no one is always right or wrong. Further more, I appreciate the informative report on shabaab, the former ambassador is well detailed on the terror group. You donโ€™t have to agree with his views on the government but itโ€™s good to look at things from a different perspective:)

SomaliMVP

Somali chauvinist
This guy quit for personal reasons and now he has something to say about Somalia. I wonder if the check came through.

:sass2:

UAE/Israel has many USA politicians on payroll. The fact he wants to empower SL and other states over the FGS and him calling out qatar is a dead giveaway. The progress the FGS made the last 3 years is in indeed frightening some countries.
I do agree farmajo is terrible. But other then khayira the rest are just businessmen with zero knowledge about governance.

Xamar is 10x better then it was just 2 years ago. I know because Iโ€™m from there. The insecurity still remains but everywhere u go there's constructions going on. Unlike other much safer cities where all they do is eat khat, print counterfeit money and gossip.

UAE/Israel has many USA politicians on payroll. The fact he wants to empower SL and other states over the FGS and him calling out qatar is a dead giveaway. The progress the FGS made the last 3 years is in indeed frightening some countries.
I do agree farmajo is terrible. But other then khayira the rest are just businessmen with zero knowledge about governance.

Xamar is 10x better then it was just 2 years ago. I know because Iโ€™m from there. The insecurity still remains but everywhere u go there's constructions going on. Unlike other much safer cities where all they do is eat khat, print counterfeit money and gossip.
Why lie? You are not from xamar but balambale.Xamar security is worse than before.

Why lie? You are not from xamar but balambale.Xamar security is worse than before.
A Kenyan telling me Iโ€™m not from xamar. :mjlol:
Data don't lie. Believe what u want tho.

Btw is it true alshabab now control 50-60% of NFD??

โ€œGovernor of #Mandera County, Ali Roba, says #AlShabaab are now in control of 50% of north-eastern #Kenya after occupying strategic locations in the region.
"They roam freely & collecting livestock from helpless pastoralists in the name of Zakkat" he says.โ€
Let me guess farmajo paid them??:banderas:

A Kenyan telling me Iโ€™m not from xamar. :mjlol:
Data don't lie. Believe what u want tho.

Btw is it true alshabab now control 50-60% of NFD??

โ€œGovernor of #Mandera County, Ali Roba, says #AlShabaab are now in control of 50% of north-eastern #Kenya after occupying strategic locations in the region.
"They roam freely & collecting livestock from helpless pastoralists in the name of Zakkat" he says.โ€
Let me guess farmajo paid them??:banderas:
You are from balambale or probably a langaab like cabdi dhaanto from fiiq.

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
Have you even been to Xamar the past couple of years. The main issue was checkpoints, and now that is gone, Xamar feels WAY more free now.

Prime Minister

Somali Promotion Agent
He should think about the coup in his own country.
Since when are americans sincere with their analysis? They have been supporting corrupt foreign leaders for decades
Sincere or not I donโ€™t see anyone here rebuking what he said all I see are talk about his background and a UAE Israel connection itโ€™s getting ridiculous now.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
" Farmaajo chose to break diplomatic relations with Somaliaโ€™s important neighbor Kenya and to send troops to occupy the Gedo region of Jubaland, rather than negotiate differences with Kenya over their contested maritime boundary, involvement in the border state of Jubaland, and shared fight against al-Shabaab. "

This guy is full of shit, why would the government negotiate with a foreign country about its own territory/state. :mjlol:

Trending

Latest posts