Foreign and illegal fishing in Somalia's water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Von

With blood and Iron will we reach the fatherland
Percentages of the take for Somali fishing is 3 percent in 2018

In voanews article, 2017 ' https://www.voanews.com/a/somali-fishermen-struggle-to-compete-with-foreign-vessels/4399707.html '

“Now there is illegal fishing, fish stealing, and so on," explains boat captain Mohammed Elias Abdiqadir. He said such foreign fishing boats come from Iran, while others in Bosaso accused Yemenis of fishing in Somali waters.

"We don’t have a powerful government who can stop these illegal fishermen who are creating problems," said Abdiqadir.

Last edited:

Von

The Federal Government of Somalia needs money, it realised that by chasing after The United Nations International Civil Aviation Organization hold on the Somali airspace. The land is out of Federal Governments reaches for now. I would suggest going after the sea to bring in more revenues.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Guts

Bosaso iyo Bandar Siyada
VIP
The Federal Government of Somalia needs money, it realised that by chasing after The United Nations International Civil Aviation Organization hold on the Somali airspace. The land is out of Federal Governments reaches for now. I would suggest going after the sea to bring in more revenues.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yes we need some kind of marine force to imply the laws in the sea. We have been exploited of our own fish but enough is enough.

Von

"by 2018 it is estimated to grow up to 100,000 tonnes per year the annual yield of Fisheries in Somalia has a potential to reach 200,000 tonnes per year with an estimated annual revenue of 200 million dollars"
These are probably with the dysfunctional ways of the fishery industry, If the Federal Governments wants to move aways from aid money that comes with things attached and money to be more independent from foreign nations, this is a industry and terrority the FGS must control.

Von

Yes we need some kind of marine force to imply the laws in the sea. We have been exploited of our own fish but enough is enough.
That's the best way to earn fast revenue and strength the Federal governments control over the country
"Somalia’s Goobjoog News last week reported that Somalia’s Financial Governance Committee (FGS) has defaulted on payments after expressing concerns over the 132 million euro contract that was signed in July 2013.
The contract was signed with the Atlantic Marine and Offshore Group (AMO) to supply the six vessels and build up the Somali Coast Guard. AMO was to build, maintain and operate the coast guard fleet and develop a coast guard training centre to train coast guard personnel, security officers and shore based support personnel. In Mogadishu the Atlantic Marine and Offshore Group was to establish an operational base, including a ship repair facility.

The six vessels ordered under the contract are Damen 5009 long-range patrol boats that were to be built by Damen’s Galati shipyard in Romania. The Stan Patrol 5009 vessels are 50 metres long, have maximum speed of 30 knots and 18-26 crewmembers. "
http://www.janes.com/article/79982/somalia-facing-legal-case-over-stalled-coast-guard-plan
Damen_Patrol_Vessel_5009.jpg

Imagine sailing off the coast of Somalia, those tan skin Thailand people with their weird language would not dare enter Somali waters:kanyehmm:

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
We must re-arm our fisherman so they can do their thing again.
:siilaanyosmile:

Von

Just like how clan militias are turned into a standing army, the pirates should be turned to the Navy

Cotton Eyed Joe

More law, less justice.
VIP
That's the best way to earn fast revenue and strength the Federal governments control over the country
"Somalia’s Goobjoog News last week reported that Somalia’s Financial Governance Committee (FGS) has defaulted on payments after expressing concerns over the 132 million euro contract that was signed in July 2013.
The contract was signed with the Atlantic Marine and Offshore Group (AMO) to supply the six vessels and build up the Somali Coast Guard. AMO was to build, maintain and operate the coast guard fleet and develop a coast guard training centre to train coast guard personnel, security officers and shore based support personnel. In Mogadishu the Atlantic Marine and Offshore Group was to establish an operational base, including a ship repair facility.

The six vessels ordered under the contract are Damen 5009 long-range patrol boats that were to be built by Damen’s Galati shipyard in Romania. The Stan Patrol 5009 vessels are 50 metres long, have maximum speed of 30 knots and 18-26 crewmembers. "
http://www.janes.com/article/79982/somalia-facing-legal-case-over-stalled-coast-guard-plan

Imagine sailing off the coast of Somalia, those tan skin Thailand people with their weird language would not dare enter Somali waters:kanyehmm:
The government defaulted and unable to pay for the ships so the company is suing Somalia.

http://goobjoog.com/english/exclusi...over-coastguard-deal-default-claims-e90-6m-2/

Yes but why could they not afford to pay for the ships. This is embarrassing!! it should be top priority i'm sure part of the 6b gdp would be enough to buy a few ships.

Von

Yes but why could they not afford to pay for the ships. This is embarrassing!! it should be top priority i'm sure part of the 6b gdp would be enough to buy a few ships.
The Government argued that the 132 million euro contract was 90 percent of the governments budget, so they couldn't fit it in.
It should be a top priority, Farmaajo should ask Turkey for some naval ships on the cheap, anything would be a improve for the country. The Sky and Sea will fund the conquest of the Land

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
This will just lead to more vids of armed security contractors shooting Somali pirates posted all over YouTube. Dude have you seen those videos? The comments are just hell. Those videos have like millions of views as well.

Comments section is just filled with cadaans just masturbating over western forces killing Somalis.

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
This will just lead to more vids of armed security contractors shooting Somali pirates posted all over YouTube. Dude have you seen those videos? The comments are just hell. Those videos have like millions of views as well.

Comments section is just filled with cadaans just masturbating over western forces killing Somalis.
I don't care about what some cadaans on YouTube think. My boys were making bank back in the heyday of piracy.
:banderas:
Make the Indian Ocean Great Again.
:trumpsmirk:

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
I don't care about what some cadaans on YouTube think. My boys were making bank back in the heyday of piracy.
:banderas:
Make the Indian Ocean Great Again.
:trumpsmirk:
We don’t need to see anymore abdis getting headshotted on YouTube just for some views.

Owning some sort of coast guard ship will be really nice. I legit think the diaspora can be really helpful with this issue.

That and helping with a sewage system. After you guys pointed out that parts of Somalia didn’t have sewage systems I have gained an interested in help funding for this in the future. Idk how much something like that will cost tho

We don’t need to see anymore abdis getting headshotted on YouTube just for some views.

Owning some sort of coast guard ship will be really nice. I legit think the diaspora can be really helpful with this issue.

That and helping with a sewage system. After you guys pointed out that parts of Somalia didn’t have sewage systems I have gained an interested in help funding for this in the future. Idk how much something like that will cost tho
One could ask why those ships were in somali waters in the first place.

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP

Those Abdis are martyrs dying for their country. May Allah widen their graves.
:salute:
I was thinking about sewage recently and realised that some cities are just a mess and badly planned so I wonder if it might be easier to implement it in villages.

Those Abdis are martyrs dying for their country. May Allah widen their graves.
:salute:
I was thinking about sewage recently and realised that some cities are just a mess and badly planned so I wonder if it might be easier to implement it in villages.
Yes why not tax the ppl to build a sewage system? 14 million ppl could each put together £10 and it would raise hundred's of millions, more than enough to build a sewage system in key cities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts