Forcing myself to learn how to cook or starve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
:salute:
Eating out is quite expensive
Buy rice and chicken in bulk
Basmati rice or whatever rice you choose will last a while
Also no soda and almost no juice except for Orange and Apple
Also fruits and veggies
Plan ahead
Luckily my mother taught me how to cook and how to get groceries
Good luck

I rarely cook Somali foods. I tend to cook Ethiopian, Thai, West African and Indian. I pick up the recipes on line and adapt them like reducing the chilli or using xawash instead of stinky curry powder.

Vanessa

Support interracial love 💕
VIP
Cooking is fun.
Cook something simple like pasta or roasted chicken etc.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
First of all get some basic seasoning salt,pepper,paprika powder and some chili cayennepeppar Will do

Than get some bariis preferably the basmati kind since that Rice is very sticky, soft and goes well with many foods this is the Rice mostly used in Somali food or you can go with Jasmine Rice its up to you

Get some baasto and on the packaging it Will tell you how long yiu should Cook it for 3-5 min one tip is to take it off 1 minute ahead and drain the pasta water this Will make sure its cooked al dente

Other than that get the meats chicken and fish buy it in bulk one important thing is to keep an eye on how long youre cooking the meat meat in general should be above 79• degrees and if the chicken isnt pinkish its good to go you could tell if its Done by touching it But this takes time to get a grip on also when you take the chicken out the oven make sure to let it rest on youre cutting board the meat is still cooking there are millions of stuff on youtube You can find that Will guide you just keep in mind cooking you can alter the ingredients to your liking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts