For the people that are married, what's it like?

Don't have to worry about this until like 10 years later
happy animated series GIF by Oggy and the Cockroaches

It has its ups and downs. Do it only to have kids because dealing with another human being who can press all your buttons and you can't just leave is the ultimate test.

Hybrid()

Death Awaits You
Divorce rate for western born somalis is most likely well over 50 percent. The problem is Somali parents have experience many extremely stressful events because of resettlement, lack of social support, language problem, post migration stressors etc..and as a results didn't end up being good role models for their children. I'm marrying from back home. Marriage just seems too risky in the west.

I've seen so many people dive into it when they obviously weren't emotionally and financially ready for the rigours of marriage.

Before you even think of getting married, identify your own personality traits that could be perceived as toxic or problematic and see a professional on the regular to discuss and address them; also, get your bread up before you get married.

You don't want to go up to her and say:

'Wax lacag ah ma heysto, laakin, I will love you.'

I've seen so many people dive into it when they obviously weren't emotionally and financially ready for the rigours of marriage.

Before you even think of getting married, identify your own personality traits that could be perceived as toxic or problematic and see a professional on the regular to discuss and address them; also, get your bread up before you get married.

You don't want to go up to her and say:

'Wax lacag ah ma heysto, laakin, I will love you.'
Brother niolotic dropping that big somali waano :rejoice: ,gulayso walaal:salute:

My biggest fear is that one day I wake up and I don’t love her anymore.. and we have kids and I can’t just divorce her
"Love" in the gaal sense of the word doesn't matter sxb. When you got married, you made a promise before Allah and her family. You have a duty to your wife and children and "love" doesn't come into the equation.

This isn't aim at you, but people who throw their children's lives into chaos because "they're not in love anymore" are fàggot teenagers who have zero business getting married in the first place wallahi. The moment Imam marries you and children come into the mix, you're needs are take a back seat to their wellbeing and stability.

I hate how the west has made self-scarfice for family and children secondary to people's whims and desires wallahi. Gaal "me me me" culture's so toxic and faggy :susp:

if marriage wasnt mandated , id prolly never get legally married.
Look into family trusts and specifically bloodline trusts. They're basically air-tight as far as divorce is concerned. If anything were to happen to you, the assets in that trust would go to your children/their children and not your wife. My parents are already in the process of setting everything up in that regard. I'm looking into purchasing a home in the next few years and the first thing I'm going to do is putting it in that trust. There are SO many legal loop-holes wallahi, you could make the division of assets in the event of a divorce impossible lol

If I get divorced at some point, my ex-wife wouldn't be seeing a fucking penny :lolbron: :lolbron:

Look into family trusts and specifically bloodline trusts. They're basically air-tight as far as divorce is concerned. If anything were to happen to you, the assets in that trust would go to your children/their children and not your wife. My parents are already in the process of setting everything up in that regard. I'm looking into purchasing a home in the next few years and the first thing I'm going to do is putting it in that trust. There are SO many legal loop-holes wallahi, you could make the division of assets in the event of a divorce impossible lol

If I get divorced at some point, my ex-wife wouldn't be seeing a fucking penny :lolbron: :lolbron:

:ohhh:

You did your research, saaxiib.

Would you really leave nothing to your ex-wife even if she gave you children?

Trending

Latest posts