For the female members over 25, how important is financial stability in your relationship?

Villainess

smooth talk on a rainy summer evening
I’m not 25 yet but

giphy.gif

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Its important to most women. A man who doesn't have his financials in order is on shaky ground. And its hard to maintain love when you're 'struggling'. Its one thing to scale back or downsize if life happens in a marriage but you'd rather he start off in a good place.

JohnCena

PROFESSIONAL SHITPOSTER
Its important to most women. A man who doesn't have his financials in order is on shaky ground. And its hard to maintain love when you're 'struggling'. Its one thing to scale back or downsize if life happens in a marriage but you'd rather he start off in a good place.
Very good advice. How much should a man be making in your opinion salary wise? By the time he's 27-30

Not over 25, but I think most Muslim (or at least Somali) females consider financial stability to be very important. The man either has to be making bank in the current moment or on a clear path to making one in the near future.

Its's very important. And most men (that I know of) who aren't financially stable will not seek marriage until they have their finances in order. That's a good thing imo, because it shows that he's responsible enough to not bring a wife and potential children into his mess.

I think, honestly speaking, that most women would contribute to their household.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Alluring

Sayonara
Depends. If he's making high six-figures or more than he's covering the major bills. But, if he's making average then I don't mind going 50/50 but I'm making 50/50 decisions if that's the case.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Very good advice. How much should a man be making in your opinion salary wise? By the time he's 27-30

It depends on who the guy is and what he does for a living. Assuming that around that age everything goes according to plan life wise and there are no deviations in life trajectory (from illness, familial troubles or other life events). I would say by that time someone would have between 5-8 years of work experience. If they are in a more technical vocation that's high 5 figures or 6 figures. If they are in more of the caring professions (i.e. social service sector) it would be around average. Higher if they have a graduate degree in that field. If they are pursuing graduate school (sacrificing time in paid employment) then it would be much lower, if they are doing a post-doc or a medical resident not as high for a while. If they were in the trades 6 figures would be expected but the job presents its share of health risks. It comes down to the individual. I tend to prize intellect/a desire to learn very highly so despite the academic or career successes of the individual if they sparingly pick up a book or have a limited conversational repertoire that wouldn't sustain my romantic interest.

Trending