Fishing With Tiwi Islanders

Status
Not open for further replies.
is that you? is your name hassan?

Yanyuur

That was a random video to illustrate spear fishing. There are aborigines with Muslim names whose grandfathers were Afghans brought to Australia to ride the camels built with the railway from south Australia to west Australia in the 1900’s. It’s common to hear aborigines in that area called Hassan, Ali or Hussein. When the railway construction finished, the Australian government wanted to repatriate the Afghans, so many fled with their camels to the bush and lived with the aborigines. I guess they were afghani Shia.

VixR

Veritas
VixR

Yep, but couldn't hit one with the spear in over 200 attempts, but the Aboriginal kids, they rarely missed one.
Moving target. It’s kind of like the country kids out here shooting skeet. Actually a fish swimming might be a bit more unpredictable.

Pastor

Sxb, have you ever done fishing? Or, you are committed to cad iyo caano and call fish a poor man’s food? This was the first time I visited Cape York and man, what a natural beauty. Lovely aboriginal people there.
i never fished before one day imma try fishing with a spear instead of a fishing rod like a beta cuck :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending