First Somali to Win a Federal Seat Representing Addis Ababa

How many seats did somalis in Dir Dhabbe won?

I'm not really sure about the number of seats. But it's always going to be majority Somali, only if you include the Oromo speaking Gurgura as Somali.
Unfortunately in the census any Oromo speaker is counted as Oromo so they are considered as Oromo.

Unfortunately it's never going to be a fair election. They've already arrested many ONLF candidates. Ethiopia is good at empowering women, but crap in democracy.
The ONLF would have made great gains in some areas, but many have been arrested unfortunately.

PP have already won.
Yeah I can see that don't forget Abiy playing the same dirty game of isku dir that TPLF used to do to pit non ogadeens and ogadeens together in DDS

Yeah I can see that don't forget Abiy playing the same dirty game of isku dir that TPLF used to do to pit non ogadeens and ogadeens together in DDS

Somalis are naive in politics. As soon as qabiil is mentioned, they'll turn their eyes on eachother.

There are 3 Amharas who are registered in Jigjiga. I believe they will get one seat at the minimum.

I'm not really sure about the number of seats. But it's always going to be majority Somali, only if you include the Oromo speaking Gurgura as Somali.
Unfortunately in the census any Oromo speaker is counted as Oromo so they are considered as Oromo.

Not true. With census, you tell your ethnicity and that’s where the numbers come. The largest Somali clan with the numbers in DD are Gurgura and majority claim Somali. They may speak Oromo but don’t claim it. Also, how do you know the candidate Biftu is Gurgura?

Not true. With census, you tell your ethnicity and that’s where the numbers come. The largest Somali clan with the numbers in DD are Gurgura and majority claim Somali. They may speak Oromo but don’t claim it. Also, how do you know the candidate Biftu is Gurgura?

I found her on the Gurgura Facebook pages. They're celebrating her success and said they are proud that they won collectively. It's all over their FB pages.

20210624_001705.jpg

20210624_000929.jpg

Regarding Dire Dawa, isn't it the case that most Oromo speakers are counted as Oromo? I know that the Oromo have a large population in DD and share the city with Somalis.

King Khufu

Dignified Gentlemen
Dope Thread.💯
Congratulations to both
Ms.Bahdoon & Ms.Ibrahim.

The TAKE OVER is Official.
#DJskiWorldPremier

I found her on the Gurgura Facebook pages. They're celebrating her success and said they are proud that they won collectively. It's all over their FB pages.

View attachment 190055

View attachment 190056

Regarding Dire Dawa, isn't it the case that most Oromo speakers are counted as Oromo? I know that the Oromo have a large population in DD and share the city with Somalis.

i see, we’ll congrats to the sister. I don’t care about ethio politics unless it’s a vote for referendum for regions wanting to succeed.

No the census in Ethiopia is based on ethnicity you claim. Has nothing to do with the language you spoke. The number for Oromo would be larger if that were the case.

I call for independence, who wants to learn their cryptic looking language when there is a superior language; Somali. I demand somaliweyn, now.