First Somali to get a PHD from Princeton in 1962.

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP
hassan-ali-mire-aa463455-777b-4c5f-973e-35cff4cb932-resize-750.jpeg

I did some research and learned Dr Hassan Ali Mire obtained his doctorate in the field of Political Science in the year 1962.

It was difficult to find his info in the Princeton archives because for whatever reason they spelt Mire as Mirreh.

This man went on to become the first Minister of Education in the 70s.

His thesis "Soviet foreign policy in sub-saharan Africa" published in 1962 has copies held in places like the National Library of South Africa to the New York Public Library System and traditional university libraries at institutions like the University of North Carolina- Chapel Hill, University of California-Los Angeles, and Princeton University (where it was authored).

This seemed pretty cool. He passed away in late 2016, after living a fulfilling life. AUN.

I did some research and learned Dr Hassan Ali Mire obtained his doctorate in the field of Political Science in the year 1962.

It was difficult to find his info in the Princeton archives because for whatever reason they spelt Mire as Mirreh.

His thesis "Soviet foreign policy in sub-saharan Africa" published in 1962 has copies held in places like the National Library of South Africa to the New York Public Library System and traditional university libraries at institutions like the University of North Carolina- Chapel Hill, University of California-Los Angeles, and Princeton University (where it was authored).

This seemed pretty cool. He passed away in late 2016, after living a fulfilling life. AUN.
I knew him before he passed.
Reer Cbus

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP
Here are where physical copies of the thesis are.

I could look into finding the digital copies if anyone is interested.

BB67A7ED-FD70-4FD3-BED2-13F0019F0A98.jpeg
E4D1D15F-7EA4-43AB-A044-48603074E5F8.jpeg

Octavian

Hmm
VIP

AUN what a respectable man :salute:

Farm

VIP
He was also the chairman of the SSDF for a period of time until AY AUN took over and he was also one of the founding fathers of Puntland. AUN