First European Farmers spoke Afro-Asiatic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo

VIP
''The tongue spoken by the first Criș farmers in the East Carpathian foothills about 5800-5600 BCE was removed from the parent tongue spoken by the first settlers in Thessaly by less than a thousand years-the same interval that separates Modern American English from Anglo-Saxon. That was long enough for several new Old European Neolithic languages to have emerged from the Thessalian parent, but they would have belonged to a single language family. That language family was not Indo-European. It came from the wrong place (Anatolia and Greece) at the wrong time (before 6500 BCE). Curiously a fragment of that lost language might be preserved in the Proto-Indo-European term for bull, ·tawro-s, which many linguists think was borrowed from an Afro-Asiatic term. The Afro-Asiatic super-family generated both Egyptian and Semitic in the Near East, and one of its early languages might have been spoken in Anatolia by the earliest farmers. Perhaps the Criș people spoke a language of Afro-Asiatic type, and as they drove their cattle into the East Carpathian valleys they called them something like 'tawr-.16''

Source: The Horse, the Wheel, and Language: How Bronze-Age Riders from the Eurasian Steppes Shaped the Modern World, p. 147

About these people: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starčevo–Kőrös–Criș_culture

This explains all the E-M35 in Europe, especially the Balkans. :siilaanyosmile:

Molotoff

Supreme Bosniak Geeljire
VIP
''The tongue spoken by the first Criș farmers in the East Carpathian foothills about 5800-5600 BCE was removed from the parent tongue spoken by the first settlers in Thessaly by less than a thousand years-the same interval that separates Modern American English from Anglo-Saxon. That was long enough for several new Old European Neolithic languages to have emerged from the Thessalian parent, but they would have belonged to a single language family. That language family was not Indo-European. It came from the wrong place (Anatolia and Greece) at the wrong time (before 6500 BCE). Curiously a fragment of that lost language might be preserved in the Proto-Indo-European term for bull, ·tawro-s, which many linguists think was borrowed from an Afro-Asiatic term. The Afro-Asiatic super-family generated both Egyptian and Semitic in the Near East, and one of its early languages might have been spoken in Anatolia by the earliest farmers. Perhaps the Criș people spoke a language of Afro-Asiatic type, and as they drove their cattle into the East Carpathian valleys they called them something like 'tawr-.16''

Source: The Horse, the Wheel, and Language: How Bronze-Age Riders from the Eurasian Steppes Shaped the Modern World, p. 147

This explains all the E-M35 in Europe, especially the Balkans. We wuz kangz. :siilaanyosmile:

Serbmalis.

Greeks and Albanians are the ones with the most E in the Balkans.

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP

This explains all the E-M35 in Europe, especially the Balkans. We wuz kangz. :siilaanyosmile:
:farmajoyaab:amazing i allways wondered what language they spoke, and i sometimes wonderd if the farmers spoke afro Asiatic

in spain a community of basques speak a old european language that doesnt belong to indo european some people believe its a early paleolithic european language that was spoke in europe

any ideas apollo??

Apollo

VIP
Serbmalis.

Greeks and Albanians are the ones with the most E in the Balkans.

The Indo-Europeans from the Steppe region replaced the Afro-Asiatic speaking Neolithic farmers of Europe. Especially paternally, not so much autosomally.

A big what if:

What if the Indo-Europeans never conquered Europe and Europe today was largely Afro-Asiatic speaking?

I think the Holocaust would have never happened as the Germans wouldn't believe in the Aryan theories and they may have felt more kinship towards Jews. :lol: Also, as there would be no holocaust-guilt, possibly Europeans would not have allowed mass migration. Lol.. a big what if.

Apollo

VIP
:farmajoyaab:amazing i allways wondered what language they spoke, and i sometimes wonderd if the farmers spoke afro Asiatic

in spain a community of basques speak a old european language that doesnt belong to indo european some people believe its a early paleolithic european language that was spoke in europe

any ideas apollo??

The Basque are connected to the Caucasian languages from the Caucasus Mountains. They likely descend from a migration from the Steppe as well, but preceding Indo-European.

As for Uralic (Hungarian, Finnish), that is from Central Russia originally (Ural Mountains).

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
@Apollo
where does the word tawros for bull fit in the afro asiatic languages:cosbyhmm:

and does it any coqnates or what part of the language family is it close to am guessing Semitic

Apollo

VIP
@Apollo
where does the word tawros for bull fit in the afro asiatic languages:cosbyhmm:

and does it any coqnates or what part of the language family is it close to am guessing Semitic

Personally not a big linguist expert. Just saw this info somewhere and felt like sharing it. You can look up Afro-Asiatic cognates in specialized books on the matter.

Cognates also differ per Afro-Asiatic subgroup. Likely these guys were linked to the Egyptian-Semitic group.

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
Personally not a big linguist expert. Just saw this info somewhere and felt like sharing it. You can look up Afro-Asiatic cognates in specialized books on the matter.

Cognates also differ per Afro-Asiatic subgroup. Likely these guys were linked to the Egyptian-Semitic group.
:ayaanswag:seems intresting am gonna read the article apollo

just wondering if europe spoke afro asiatic and looked brown maybe their wouldnt be no white supremecist
and people like grantz who is an obsessed white supremacist anticushite who believes we constititue a threat to white suprmecist visions of the world wouldnt be around :siilaanyolaugh:

Last edited:
:ayaanswag:seems intresting am gonna read the article apollo

just wondering if europe spoke afro asiatic and looked brown maybe their wouldnt be no white supremecist
and people like grantz who is an obsessed white supremacist anticushite who believes we constititue a threat to white suprmecist visions of the world wouldnt be around :siilaanyolaugh:

You are silly as well as delusional. I am not one of the supremacists around here, not even close.

The migration that brought my ancestors to Europe was about 8Kya and they almost certainly did speak an Afro-Asiatic language. As someone who is E1b1b1c1a, I would have fit right in.

Apollo

VIP
You are silly as well as delusional. I am not one of the supremacists around here, not even close.

The migration that brought my ancestors to Europe was about 8Kya and they almost certainly did speak an Afro-Asiatic language. As someone who is E1b1b1c1a, I would have fit right in.

Although you carry significant steppe Yamnaya ancestry like all Europeans:

invasion-yamnaya-steppe.jpg

Autosomally, the closest population to the original European farmers are the Sardinians. However, they underwent a paternal bottleneck on their island favouring G. The Natufians also assimilated indigenous Anatolians with J2 and G before entering Europe, nevertheless, it is highly probable that the first farmers spoke an Afro-Asiatic language.

The original Greeks who preceded the Indo-European invasion of the Balkans were known as the Pelasgians. They lived primarily in Thessaly and Crete, and one after the other they were all eventually conquered by the Dorians and Ionians.

The last remaining Pelasgian community was on Lemnos which was conquered by Athens around 600 BCE. The fragments of their language show the Etruscans were closely related to the Pelasgians linguistically.

Pelasgian and Etruscan wasn't Afro-Asiatic though but a whole other language family, now extinct. There were Roman books on the Etruscan language that could have been useful but they are lost.

Apollo

VIP
The original Greeks who preceded the Indo-European invasion of the Balkans were known as the Pelasgians. They lived primarily in Thessaly and Crete, and one after the other they were all eventually conquered by the Dorians and Ionians.

The last remaining Pelasgian community was on Lemnos which was conquered by Athens around 600 BCE. The fragments of their language show the Etruscans were closely related to the Pelasgians linguistically.

Pelasgian and Etruscan wasn't Afro-Asiatic though but a whole other language family, now extinct. There were Roman books on the Etruscan language that could have been useful but they are lost.

The ones mentioned in the OP are much older than that. This was before written civilization. The Etruscans et al are technically closer to 2019 (today) in time than to the Neolithic Europeans.

The ones mentioned in the OP are much older than that. This was before written civilization. The Etruscans et al are technically closer to 2019 (today) in time than to the Neolithic Europeans.

The studies of material culture in the ancient "Helladic period" show that the transition from the neolithic to the Aegean Bronze Age occurred without violence but rather through technology transfer, probably due to Phoenician merchants introducing bronze tools and writing.

The transition from the Aegean Bronze Age to the Mycenaean Iron Age however was violent and involved mass conquest by Indo Europeans, mostly the Dorians, Ionians and Romans.

Oh forgot to mention the Gaels (Celts) also conquered what is now France, Spain, the UK, Ireland and most of Germany from the previous inhabitants of northern and western Europe. The Indo-European invasion was the most significant event in early European history, the inhabitants of Europe had little defence they had inferior weapons. The only groups that did manage to hold off the Indo Europeans for some time were the Etruscans, who finally fell to the Romans in about 100 BCE, and the Basque, who are still managing to hold on today.

My haplogroup is from the pre-Indo Europeans, whoever they were.

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP

intresting you say that youre ancestors used to speak an afro asiatc language
becouse thats a language i speak today

Status
Not open for further replies.