Finnish ambassador visiting xamar

Reborn
Check this comment

IMG_20211109_134759.jpg

cow

VIP
Why are they so upset? Some diaspora Somalis are running around Xamar with a paid guard and you are mad that an cadaan is nervous.

no somali other then politicians go around Mogadishu with bodyguard's. What you said is just not true.

They are rightfully upset that their country is being made a mockery of. It might not bother you but it bothers a lot of Somalis that still love Somalia

no somali other then politicians go around Mogadishu with bodyguard's. What you said is just not true.

They are rightfully upset that their country is being made a mockery of. It might not bother you but it bothers a lot of Somalis that still love Somalia
A third world city, that has yet to heal from a 30 yr old civil war, rife with suicide bombers and clan warfare is mad that someone was wearing protective gear in the city. Your own president wears a bullet proof vest under his suits.
A5DD19B1-163E-4F74-9CBE-825528F75882.jpeg
399C2B7C-D590-45FE-B991-E8116BCB4017.jpeg
91A1F45B-3DA7-4C97-9522-510E0B896E4D.jpeg

cow

VIP
@Hani Bee only the first one he is wearing a bullet proof vest which is understanable as he is meeting a large crowd. but the issue is this guy went from the airport to villa somalia taking selfies of him wearing a helmet and bullet proof vest. incredibly disrespectful which is why he deleted the tweet.

Regardless of whether you support the current Federal Government or not, this was a diplomatic gaffe.

Especially on a first official visit.

Ambassadors to actual warzones don't post these kind of pictures and at worst, you may see media agencies publishing such pictures.

He even posted a picture of the security barrier to add to his message of 'DANGER" as if all Presidential compounds don't have such set ups

Cadaans and their micro-aggressions 🙄.

He could have just posted a picture of him shaking hands with Farmaajo during which he did look normal sans helmet and all.

There is a reason why he deleted this tweet.

Now he’s wrong to post his surroundings? What’s wrong with showing the reality on the ground?

The diplomatic thing would have been to show his surroundings once he met Farmaajo inside Villa Somalia.

As much as I can't stand Farmaajo and his gang and the reality on the ground is that Mogadishu is sadly dangerous, this was unnecessary from an Ambassador on his first official visit.

Taliso

Nin aan cilay ba I cayaa.
VIP

Somali diaspora hire police officers to go around the city, you're the biggest liar. You need to have connections in order to be in the city if you're diaspora.

Som

VIP
They want to promote this failed state image no matter how much improvement there is.
How many foreign diplomats have been killed in Somalia in the last 20 years? I think zero.
The russians got their ambassador shot by s terrorist in Turkey during a press conference and you don't see foreign polticians going go turkey with bulletproof vests.
They don't do that in Syria, Afghanistan or Iraq. Somalia may be a mess but everyone can agree that Xamar is less dangerous than many other places

Som

VIP
Somali diaspora hire police officers to go around the city, you're the biggest liar. You need to have connections in order to be in the city if you're diaspora.
Most diaspora folks don't do that anymore. There's women from the west walking around in Xamar with no security.
Those who want security can hire some people to do the job, but most diaspora people never do that.
Check drew binsky on YouTube, he is an american who travelled to all countries in the world. In somalia he didn't have security at all times and even walked around at night with no security.

Som

VIP
The ones who don’t want to die.
Security is hired because of the risk of kidnappings or targeted attacks.
Random diaspora people don't get kidnapped and don't get assassinated, only high profile somali or foreign politicians actually need security.
For normal diaspora people the only risk is terrorist attacks and in that case no ammount of security can save you from an explosion

convincation

Soomaali waa Hawiyah Iyo Hashiyah
VIP
Cap to the third degree. I’ve been to Xamar 4 times in my life and some of my family members are very controvertial yet I’ve never in my entire life seen a non politician being transported by police officers or hiring them. The most they would do is get a car with tinted windows or check the bottom of the car after parking it somehwere

Trending