Finally some positive news about Somalia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Von

With blood and Iron will we reach the fatherland
That's great for Somalia and Turkey since its such a large market, but the billion dollar question is can Somalia fully tap into the market ?

RasCanjero-

Self imposed exile
Turkey produces meat products ready for consumers.

We export livestock :faysalwtf:

We're losing 90%+ of the value when we ship out live animals.

Not that I would ever personally invest in a slaughterhouse...

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP

If only we had a sophisticated infrastructure, distribution centres, slaughter houses etc

We have more camels than Australia yet they export million $$more

Wheres @LarryThePuntite

this is true, we sell a whole goat for $10, but when its slaughter the leg itself is worth $30 LOL... this will change though, once we have stability.

RasCanjero-

Self imposed exile
If only we had a sophisticated infrastructure, distribution centres, slaughter houses etc

We have more camels than Australia yet they export million $$more

Wheres @LarryThePuntite

You mean billions more :mjhaps:

Meat processing equipment could be scraped together for less than 2-5 million for an high output modern plant.

A modern slaughterhouse isn't necessary other than for hygiene reasons since starving geeljire are cheaper than automation.

this is true, we sell a whole goat for $10, but when its slaughter the leg itself is worth $30 LOL... this will change though, once we have stability.

We probably also lose a ton of value moving the livestock from the country side to the ports.

By the time they travel hundreds of kilometers they lost half their weight which has to be made up in feeding plants before export.

Also we could make 3x-5x the amount living livestock is worth.

World

VIP
It’s not that cheap lol. A Geeljire sells a camel for around $800-1000 I believe.

World

VIP
You mean billions more :mjhaps:

Meat processing equipment could be scraped together for less than 2-5 million for an high output modern plant.

A modern slaughterhouse isn't necessary other than for hygiene reasons since starving geeljire are cheaper than automation.

We probably also lose a ton of value moving the livestock from the country side to the ports.

By the time they travel hundreds of kilometers they lost half their weight which has to be made up in feeding plants before export.

Also we could make 3x-5x the amount living livestock is worth.
Shut the f*ck up and stop whining every second. If you’re not gonna help or do something then nobody cares about your 24/7 rambling.

TekNiKo

VIP
In Somalia a female camel is around $900 if shes pregnant its around 1300

TekNiKo

VIP
Instead of 20+ threads of Xalimos hoeing out why dont we pay attention to the real issues. Like saving our country

World

VIP
In Somalia a female camel is around $900 if shes pregnant its around 1300
Selling female camels shows how hard climate change, overgrazing and overpopulation has hit geeljires. That never used to happen even as late as the kacaan period.

It’s not that cheap lol. A Geeljire sells a male camel for around $800-1000 I believe.

they sell it in bulk which drives the price down... when i mean $10, i actually mean they sell it for peanuts.. actually price is less then $100 dollars per head... my uncle sells his for 80 a head. goats that is, dunno about camels

World

VIP
they sell it in bulk which drives the price down... when i mean $10, i actually mean they sell it for peanuts.. actually price is less then $100 dollars per head... my uncle sells his for 80 a head. goats that is, dunno about camels
Maybe when livestock was banned but not anymore. I’ve heard that a sheep goes for like $400 during hajj.

RasCanjero-

Self imposed exile
Shut the f*ck up and stop whining every second. If you’re not gonna help or do something then nobody cares about your 24/7 rambling.

:wow:

Wonder how you're helping?

Actually don't answer... don't give 2 shits since I doubt it amounts to anything given from your posts.

Maybe when livestock was banned but not anymore. I’ve heard that a sheep goes for like $400 during hajj.

that's only during eid, and ramadan... during the slow years we get fucked!, even then they complain saying the goat too skinny, and our people are miskeen in a way soo will bargin with them

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP

shipping the animal is cheaper than building a factory considering all the equipment that goes with it

But I think it could be doable get a group of investors and start making a mini factory

Factories are better for the country than every Abdi that wants to build a hotel like everyone else

shipping the animal is cheaper than building a factory considering all the equipment that goes with it

But I think it could be doable get a group of investors and start making a mini factory

Factories are better for the country than every Abdi that wants to build a hotel like everyone else

i'm actually part of a group who will bring a irrigation system in sanaag to help with agriculture... turning sea water into drinkable water.... we are just waiting for somalilanders to leave our state...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending