FGS & FMS Spend

Reborn

The figures for FGS is all donor/grants in Somalia.

Below is from the 2023 FGS budget and all these projects are nationwide and not specific to Mogadishu at all.

Screenshot_20230415-205102.png

Hilmaam

Standin on bihness
VIP
reading through summary report a lot of numbers were revised down due to project delays which caused hiring slowdown and material not be bought and money not spent which sucks

Here this might help. I was combining all the monthly reports the released last year. So for total puntland grants it came out to 25M when I combined those figures

I just stumbled upon this summary report, that was released recently as I didn't see it when i first started combining reports. It shows puntland received 21M maybe adjustments after facts. This document also has good expense information as I mostly pulled revenue data

View attachment 266888
Thats all fiscal transfers, What Banaadir receives is not from IC money but 15% of Xamar ports revenue. And they are not paid monthly but quarterly.
1681591546189.png

1681591528118.png

Hilmaam

Standin on bihness
VIP
Here is recap of 2022 fgs revenue
Domestic revenue:262M. 181M taxes. 81M rent and administrative fees
Grants: 459M . 163M budget support (foreign govt). 295M project supprort.
63% of revenue is aid
1681592128375.jpeg

1681592158643.jpeg

Here is the sad reality about Somalia of all with respect to these budgetary numbers. To make sense of the numbers, I contacted a gentleman acquainted with these matters in Xamar, and during the discussion, he noted:
a) The entire budget of the gov't, which does not include monies from Arab States, neither declared nor documented, is subsidised, and the FGS could not function without it; the same applies to FMSs.
b) The budgetary numbers are not reflective of the reality,
c) the Ministerial budget of Kenya's Foreign ministry is larger than the sum total of all the budgets of Somalia, by all it means incl. FGS, FMS, and SL. And to shine light as to the tragic nature of it all, the budget of the Education Ministry is 10 times that of the Foreign Ministry.

Now, ponder that for a good while.

World

VIP
Here is the sad reality about Somalia of all with respect to these budgetary numbers. To make sense of the numbers, I contacted a gentleman acquainted with these matters in Xamar, and during the discussion, he noted:
a) The entire budget of the gov't, which does not include monies from Arab States, neither declared nor documented, is subsidised, and the FGS could not function without it; the same applies to FMSs.
b) The budgetary numbers are not reflective of the reality,
c) the Ministerial budget of Kenya's Foreign ministry is larger than the sum total of all the budgets of Somalia, by all it means incl. FGS, FMS, and SL. And to shine light as to the tragic nature of it all, the budget of the Education Ministry is 10 times that of the Foreign Ministry.

Now, ponder that for a good while.
Even Eritrea’s revenue is $2.6 billion, and they’re blacklisted and sanctioned by the entire world and have a population nearly 5x smaller than Somalia.

Hilmaam

Standin on bihness
VIP
FGS Domestic revenue 262M. GDP 8.4 billion. 2022 GPD tax percentage is 3.4%.
1681661368111.png

Getting to at least this 15 percent level helps countries generate sufficient domestic resources that can be invested in health, education, and infrastructure.

Hilmaam

Standin on bihness
VIP
Things like this also makes it tough for FGS. Also increases inflation. Citizens paying alot of taxes that are going to corrupt elders, gangs, and terrorists. Major impact not having safety and economic integration

1681663131394.png

Hilmaam

Standin on bihness
VIP
Things like this also makes it tough for FGS. Also increases inflation. Citizens paying alot of taxes that are going to corrupt elders, gangs, and terrorists. Major impact not having safety and economic integration

View attachment 267085
Report on jobs in somalia and challenges economy faces. Pretty bad as most of country is unemployed and existing job are low value service and hospitality industry. Country dominated by imports which is funded by diaspora and foreign governments due to no manufacturing. And exports dominated by livestock which is more and more at risk due to global warming. Somalia seems to be zombie state

Trending

Latest posts