FGM- Islamic view

Villainess

smooth talk on a rainy summer evening
We all know that FGM is NOT a part of Islam but a part of cultures throughout many poor nations. Here is what I gathered, the reasons why it's haram.

1. This form of circumcision is a distortion of the female organ that has a terrible psychological effect on women, causing depression, nervous tension, and anxiety.
  2. It weakens the sexual desire, and being so, when the girl gets married, it spoils marital life for her and becomes a major obstacle in the way of her sexual satisfaction.
  3. It may cause infection and introduce germs into a woman's pelvis when it is performed by ignorant practitioners and at locations with poor sanitary conditions and with non-sterilized instruments. A girl exposed to such conditions usually gets sick and is exposed to inflammations, and her fallopian tubes become blocked. She may suffer acute, often fatal, bleeding after the operation. I may comment here that although
    using non-sterilized instruments is not restricted to female circumcision, but is also common in male circumcision, the reason I mention it here is that it is currently common in Sudan and other countries.
  4. It may result in sterility. If i t does not and the woman concerned gets pregnant, delivery will be difficult and will have to be surgical.
  5. As Dr Salah Abu Bakr37 says, female circumcision has adverse effects on the urinary system and may cause a urinary fistula, which causes, in turn, retention of the urine and the menstrual blood. He notes other possible complications including inflammation in other organs, such as in the cervix of the uterus, which is known as a uterine ulcer, or in the endometrium (inner lining of the womb ).
"Do not harm yourself or others". There is no benefit from FGM and always leads to unhealthy situations.

It is imitation of the Kaafirs.
It was narrated that Ibn ‘Umar said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘Whoever imitates a people is one of them.’” (Narrated by Abu Dawood, al-Libaas, 3512. Al-Albaani said in Saheeh Abi Dawood, (it is) hasan saheeh. No. 3401)

There is no point of this but if you must do it, do it correctly.

but it is narrated that he (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) advised a woman who did circumcision in Madeenah as to the proper way of circumcision. It was narrated by Abu Dawood (5271), al-Tabaraani in al-Awsat, and al-Bayhaqi in al-Shu’ab from Umm ‘Atiyyah al-Ansaariyyah that a woman used to do circumcision in Madeenah, and the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to her: “Do not go to the extreme in cutting; that is better for the woman and more liked by the husband.” This hadeeth was classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood.

According to another report: “Take only a little and do not go to extremes.”

There is no benefit from it. It can even lead to death.

In Somalia even the fobs want to ban this practice, " More than half of Somalian women believe FGM should be abolished, according to the UN."

So... why? Why do we let young girls suffer in pain? For her future husband? Yet it can lead to a failed pregnancy and Cesarean delivery? This is a practice from the polytheists of Eygpt.

Disgusting. :what:

Villainess

Nothing good comes out of FGM so why do people still insist on getting it done :snoop:
It's passed down family to family with the belief that it's a part of womanly beauty. I remember I once asked my ayeeyo why people had it done. "niinka a loo quurxiiya"

Yup. She has to go through all that pain as a child, risk future childbearing years, loose sensation all for a man.

sigh. :stressed:

Recon Expert

cranking 90s 🥶
Believe it or not but a lot of Somalis from back home are clueless in Islam, I am no social expert but imo I can't see this disappearing unless we maybe see an intervention from local government.

Instead of having the type 3 procedure done by a backward salesman they could have the type 1 procedure done at the hospital . (i dont support fgm but this stuff wont disappear overnight).

Manafesto

[[Puntland Republic 🇸🇱]]PIM[[C.S(BihinYusuf)]
VIP
HalimoEnthusiast
Believe it or not but a lot of Somalis from back home are clueless in Islam, I am no social expert but imo I can't see this disappearing unless we maybe see an intervention from local government.

Instead of having the type 3 procedure done by a backward salesman they could have the type 1 procedure done at the hospital . (i dont support fgm but this stuff wont disappear overnight).

Welcome BACK, why you dectavited your FB?Call me

Villainess

Agreed. However, there is an outburst of social activists from the UK and America that want to put a stop on this act. Do you think that they will succeed in their plans or will this lifestyle continue?

Recon Expert

cranking 90s 🥶
Agreed. However, there is an outburst of social activists from the UK and America that want to put a stop on this act. Do you think that they will succeed in their plans or will this lifestyle continue?
I think it's useless unless they have a physical presence in Somalia, I doubt anyone in Somalia heard about Nimco Ali.

Hopefully we see some change in the future

AishaBarri

It’s not that serious
It's passed down family to family with the belief that it's a part of womanly beauty. I remember I once asked my ayeeyo why people had it done. "niinka a loo quurxiiya"

Yup. She has to go through all that pain as a child, risk future childbearing years, loose sensation all for a man.

sigh. :stressed:
All for a man...
1607531441098.gif

I feel bad for the oldies, they didn’t know better. But sometimes I wonder why change anything if that’s the way we’re born. It’s all there for a reason

AishaBarri

It’s not that serious
They think it’s apart of Islam
They might say it’s Islamic but they do it simply for cultural reasons, just because it’s been done for generations. It’s not even an Islamic requirement especially the extreme type smh

AishaBarri

It’s not that serious
Men have literally done a number on women. I'm shocked at the way women are treated around the world and how they treat themselves..... All for male approval.
It’s actually crazy. Women have been mentally controlled for ages but don’t even see it. Idk how another woman would ruin a little girl like that having gone through that as well, controlling her sexuality before she even knows what that is smh

Trending