Fgm and future husband

Salaam gabdho,

So I was circumcised when I was about 9 years old (Sunni type), I remember it like it was yesterday, but I’ve learnt to live with it. This is something I definitely will not be doing to any of my daughters but my issue now is how I’ll be telling my future husband or someone I’m considering, I’m super shy so how do you bring up this topic? When do you bring it up? I know a lot of girls on here can’t relate to this but this shit makes me feel so ashamed and afraid and I also feel like it’s too personal, should I just wait till our wedding night like ughhhhhh

Boqorada

F*ck Your Feelings
If he's Somali I don't think you need to explain it cause they already know what it is.

You should watch this girls channel, shes been through it and touches on all the worries you might have.

don’t be ashamed as you didn’t have a choice in the matter, and have done nothing wrong. It’s obviously a very personal thing so only discuss it with the man you are looking to marry, and if they’re the right one you shouldn’t feel unable to let them know

Please don't be ashamed, the only people who should be ashamed are the sick pagans who invented this practise to begin with!

Insha'Allah you will have a very good and fulfilling marriage. I think most Somali men know about this practice and probably expect it tbh.

Trending

Latest posts