Femininity youtube channels.

Ladies, what are your take on these femininity youtube channels that teach women to be more feminine. Some of these channels also talk about hypergamy as well.

Do you think it is sexist or do you think they are beneficial for women?

vanilla

i think with my heart
IMG_8777.jpg

Excuse my ignorance. But how do they do it and what are the benefits?
:farmajoyaab:
Glad you asked :)
They get a hot bowl of water and put herbs in said water and squat over it or get those chairs that have a whole in the middle.
It’s also a common practice in some west African cultures to do it before a woman gets married.
The benefits if there are any is regulates menstruation and cleaners the vagina and cervix

0FDC512F-3AAD-49B5-B95B-7E6A3697A70B.jpeg

AishaBarri

It’s not that serious
I’ve seen so many of these types of videos on my recommended, saved 1-2 to watch later, but never did. I always assumed it was telling women how to look presentable, how to attract men. Unless there’s more to it?

In economics, every opportunity will be taken as time goes on. And in any environment where a demand is given for something else, a supply will be provided in time as well.

Alluring

Sayonara
I find them to beneficial to women who might need them. Some women grew up in disgusting households and had to masculinity themselves for protection. So this could be a way for them to get in touch with their feminine side.

There are other “femininity” channels that just seem to be policing everything a woman should do. I also hate the black femininity channels, they act like being black is some crutch or negative thing when trying to be feminine.

QueenofKings

Kick in the door wavin the .44
I think there is an art to femininity and not everyone knows or not everyone acts on it all the time - so a reminder can be useful. I don’t like the specifically black channels because they tend to trauma bond and focus mostly on getting a man, rather than general self improvement. And half the time the presenters own life is a mess, and she’s doing tacky/classless things.

Hodan from HR

Be Kind Online.
Staff Member
I didn't vibe with it. I have a problem with the main theme "getting a man". All those healing, leveling up and game promoted not solely for the woman's wellbeing but so she can eventually get a man.

Sometimes, the channel post cringy topics like telling women not to hang out with prettier/uglier friends. I find that dividing and vain. Overall, very male identified channels.

However, I respect what other women choose to do. Some of us would just love to talk about becoming successful or makeup and skincare without attaching it to snagging "a high value man".

They ruined that for me! :mjcry:

greenvegetables

halal and earthy
Idk some of the channels are condescending and at times very male or white identified but I think they're good for women who are trying to unlearn western brainwash. I particularly started getting into the Trad Fem community on Tumblr last year to connect with other women who are more simplistic and religious in their lifestyle. (sisters feel free to follow me there @bintnile901)