Federalism is the way to go!

Which do you prefer?

• Centralised Government

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • Federalism

Votes: 13 59.1%

• Total voters
I was a long ardent supporter of a centralised state with power concentrated in the capital. It's the dream of those who advocate Somaliweyn.

However, lately I am realising the benefits of this federal system. I believe it's one of the greatest preventative measures in preventing abuse of power by the central government.

If I was a man from Kismayo, Garowe, Hargeisa i could not trust a man ruling me from Mogadishu under a 4.5 system....especially looking at our qabiil ridden history.

Like all systems it will take a lot of trial and error in order to implement it in the best way possible.

I hope in the future all member states come work in cooperation with the gov and cut out their constant meeting with foreign state actors ...and in turn the gov stops trying to strongarm these member states but rather cooperates with them for the betterment of the nation.

Federalism only works in relatively high IQ regions like Puntland.

Federalism in the south is like galmudug, everyone claims reer Xamar and most houses are from mud huts or refugee like chingad.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
We also have to take geopolitics into account.

A federal Somalia might be a slightly more Democratic place but we'd end up weaker as a whole.

If we didn't have hyenas all around our borders I would prefer a confederation like Switzerland.

Farm

VIP
Federalism has always been the way to go. Some people claim centralization makes you stronger when that’s far from the truth countries like Germany, Canada, U.S etc are all federal republics..

Centralization is what the majority of African nations are and they nearly are all among the worst countries on earth.

Last edited:

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
Federalism has always been the way to go. Some people claim centralization makes you stronger when that’s far from the truth countries like Germany, Canada, U.S etc are all federal republics..

Centralization is what the majority of African nations are and they nearly all among the worst countries on earth.
Although I have no trust in the current govt in Xamar. Centralism is truly the only way to bring back Somalia from the abyss under a non corrupt govt that can actually secure Xamar and restore national institutions

tyrannicalmanager

pseudo-intellectual
centralised military, centralised foreign policies, and federlism for everything else.
im sick of foreign nation carving out spheres of influence in somalia like post ww2 germany.

Last edited:
cetralised military, centrilised foreign policies, and federlism for everything else.
im sick of foreign nation carving out spheres of influence in somalia like post ww2 germany.
:dzmxmmb::dzmxmmb::dzmxmmb: Very well said totally agree with you.

And also add the finance department under centralism or else you'll see many state outputting their own currencies, or raising their own tarrifs or rates of exchanges.

SomaliWadaniSoldier

Weeping for the Nation of 68
Interahamwe
VIP
what military? you're under amisom

Iam not talking now.

But iam certain that a coalition of Southern D*R*D, H*W*Y and R*X*W*Y*N can subjugate Puntland and Somaliland in the future.

If these southern clans work good together, they can capture the northern regions and bring back centralism.

The True Somali Fighting spirit is in the south.

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
The entire country being centralized under a single corrupt, qabiilist, and incompetent government that can't even secure one road in the capital and spends all of their time doing isku dir in more peaceful parts of the country is the fastest way to another civil war. If the last 30 years hasn't made this clear, both HSM and Farmajo's terms have.

It's either federalism or war.

Hassan Garguute Buldanana

#Puntlandfirst
VIP
I rather choose 200 years of more anarchy than the cursed centralism. We need a permanent constitution where there is clear divide of power. ex foreign policy, Defense etc is the sole responsibility of the federal government. Other then that, the states run thier affairs. But unfortunately we got another 4 years wasted chasing the likes of Oday Xaaf. These folks aren't serious and until they do, PL runs its affairs as an independent country.

Last edited:

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
That sounds wonderful on paper but how can we separate clan politics and true federalism, which was meant to safe us from the destruction of qabyaalad? We can mix oil and water and pretend everything is fine and dandy or we have to find a system that agrees with our culture but at the same time, we also have to be honest with each and admit that there’s so much foul going on like complete distrust, mass corruption, inability to prosecute the elites, oppression of the minority clans in terms of denying representation, state leaders wanting to construct their own conflicting foreign policies and so on...also keep in mind, the whole country of Somalia (including Somaliland) is the same size as California. That is not that big once u put it in to perspective.

This is why we need a strong government for check and balances. Any state that gets out of order, they are brought back to reality (through legal means of course)

We have so much potential but we have to cut off the ball in chain and I promise u, we would see a country rebuilding like never before and progress shinning from every corner :)

SomaliWadaniSoldier

Weeping for the Nation of 68
Interahamwe
VIP
That sounds wonderful on paper but how can we separate clan politics and true federalism, which was meant to safe us from the destruction of qabyaalad? We can mix oil and water and pretend everything is fine and dandy or we have to find a system that agrees with our culture but at the same time, we also have to be honest with each and admit that there’s so much foul going on like complete distrust, mass corruption, inability to prosecute the elites, oppression of the minority clans in terms of denying representation, state leaders wanting to construct their own conflicting foreign policies and so on...also keep in mind, the whole country of Somalia (including Somaliland) is the same size as California. That is not that big once u put it in to perspective.

This is why we need a strong government for check and balances. Any state that gets out of order, they are brought back to reality (through legal means of course)

We have so much potential but we have to cut off the ball in chain and I promise u, we would see a country rebuilding like never before and progress shinning from every corner :)

U are the coolest dude from Baidoa

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Ofcourse Federalism is the way, we are to ingrained in Qabiil for anything else to work.

Diaspora ambassador

''Dagaalka gala'' Garaad Jaamac Garaad Cali
VIP
Iam not talking now.

But iam certain that a coalition of Southern D*R*D, H*W*Y and R*X*W*Y*N can subjugate Puntland and Somaliland in the future.

If these southern clans work good together, they can capture the northern regions and bring back centralism.

The True Somali Fighting spirit is in the south.

Bruh why did it come from the north tho? Somalia ain't complete without SL both literally and figuratively. And since the puntites up north brought back civilisation to the south your statements are worth nothing.

Kulaha the fighting spirit is south after getting leadership back from the north. Even somali civilisation is currently only present in the north kkkk.

The only spirit the south possesses is the spirit of total anarchy. We up north have now actually a claim to rule ya'll since the world already have seen what kind of anarchists ya'll are.

Trending