Farmaajo to address Parliament tomorrow

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Do you think they will assassinate him? I don't agree with everything farmaajo does but the IC talking down to us is disrespectful to all our forefathers

It angers me! That they have the nerve to talk to his spineless generation like this and not when they first landed on shores a century ago.

Somalis used to have a "only I can beat my brother" type of mentality. The current generation are too weak to be from the ummah let alone from the family of cush.

:mindblown: :kanyehmm:

AbdiGeedi

To keep your balance, you must keep moving.
Let’s see if he ignores USA/IC trying to dictate our politics
I think they are trying to sideline Turkey in Somalia the same way they did in Sudan.

I hope Farmaajo has balls to withstand the pressure. If we lose Turkey it is not gonna be good in the long term for us.

It looks like Sudan is not doing good sociopolitically at the moment despite Omar al-Bashir's ouster.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Do you think they will assassinate him? I don't agree with everything farmaajo does but the IC talking down to us is disrespectful to all our forefathers

It angers me! That they have the nerve to talk to his spineless generation like this and not when they first landed on shores a century ago.

Somalis used to have a "only I can beat my brother" type of mentality. The current generation are too weak to be from the ummah let alone from the family of cush.

Nah more like unseat, the whole thing is just away to undermine the government, example here being needing to rehash passed laws with states that already have representatives in the Parliament

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
I think they are trying to sideline Turkey in Somalia the same way they did in Sudan.

I hope Farmaajo has balls to withstand the pressure. If we lose Turkey it is not gonna be good in the long term for us.

It looks like Sudan is not doing good sociopolitically at the moment despite Omar al-Bashir's ouster.

Decision time for him, this will define his term how he answers the pressure from Yamamoto crew

AbdiGeedi

Decision time for him, this will define his term how he answers the pressure from Yamamoto crew
If Turkey is gone Somalia will be totally at the mercy of the major oil corporations. Turkey is one of the very few countries in the world that is completely independent from them in terms of exploration and extraction.

I believe the West wants Turkey gone for its geopolitical interests that revolve around Israel and now the UAE in the Middle East and the Horn of Africa.

Farmaajo has an iffy record on standing up with Turkey. He sided with Saudi Arabia on the Khashoggi murder.

Yup, tomorrow we see if President Farmaajo tells these folks buzz off, we have our geo strategic partner for the next 50 years in Turkey

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
The thing is they can mess up our oil sales like they are doing to Venezuela if we go against the us completely, they also need our oil since Saudi will run out soon and they need to replace them.

The us cannot afford to push us away but they also cannot allow turkey to get our oil blocks and for china to gain influence in our region. This is a cold war moment. They all want our resources but the us want a weak easily controlled state.

They can also extend the arms embargo which I predict they will do either way. I'd prefer dignity and difficulty for a period and to rise like China than to have weak leaders that get bullied by the US.

CanoGeel

"Show respect to all people, but grovel to none"

Somalis used to have

he who pays the piper calls the tune bruv:samwelcome:

AbdiGeedi

@Yahya

I do believe the US wants to control the Somali oil production. I don't think they are driven by the need to have oil for their own consumption though. It is more of a geopolitical control issue. As an example, right now the US is threatening Germany with sanctions over the Russian Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline

The US is the biggest oil producer in the world, followed by Russia and Saudi Arabia.
Around 70-80% of crude oil goes to the transportation sector (gasoline, diesel, aviation fuel, lubricants, etc).

Transportation sector is going electrical and hydrogen fuel cell routes. It is a real thing now. Mega carrier trucking companies are getting ready for the switch. The 2nd largest waste collector in the US, Republic Services, put an order for 2,500 Nikola large electric trucks and planning to double the order. We are talking about commercial diesel trucks being replaced by electrical ones.

The EU has put a strict emission requirements with year 2050 being zero emission threshold if I am not mistaken. In Scandinavian countries, Tesla cars outsell Mercedes-Benz and BMW cars.

I believe there will be a drop in the global oil consumption in the near future.

The plastics sector is here to stay.

Since in the best scenario Somali offshore oil discoveries will start in about 6-7 years, we might come to a very different crude oil market from today's.

Also ExxonMobil has tight partnerships with Qatar in many gas and oil fields around the world. Since Turkey and Qatar are very close to each other, the US and Turkey might come to an amicable solution regarding the Somali oilfields.

I agree with you on the US being openly against the Chinese and Russian oil explorations in our waters. Though Italian Eni sold 30% of the giant Egyptian Zohr offshore gas field to Russian Rosneft. The US didn't stop the sale for some reason.

I believe the Somali situation will be similarly very fluid business-wise with players changing places, etc.

Let's hope Farmaajo doesn't f*ck up tomorrow and starts playing the 3d game maneuvering among big powers.

oil-production.PNG

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
This guy is saying Farmaajo is actually traveling to Dusamareb tomorrow, showdown there?

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP

Yes it should give us great Pres Farmaajo refuses to tow to their demands. We should stand by him

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP

When your entire government is propped up by international aid and security, and you expose yourself as the biggest obstacle to peace and progress, what do you expect?

Farmajo was the one who agreed to uphold the constitution when he was sworn in and he was the one who agreed to attend Dhusomareeb conference on August 15. Don't act surprised when he gets called out for reneging on his commitments.

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
Farmaajo is perhaps the most shrewd president we have ever had, I wouldn’t trust the decision he makes every day with anyone else but him. Let us trust our leader :)