Farmaajo" All we can offer landlocked Ethiopia are ports"

shum33

Somaliland supremacy
this is funny weren't they ing about ethiopia using berbera port? and isn't putaland always crying why their port isn't being used,xasiids man

tyrannicalmanager

pseudo-intellectual
Tbh that woman who tweeted that is very anti Somali progress. Her agenda against anything great about our country is so obvious. Hope she changes her ways
since when is criticizing N&N anti somali? one of the first tweets i saw his her commerating a fallen SNA soldier.

Dharbash

🧊
MARQUESS OF SSC
:farmajoyaab:
since when is criticizing N&N anti somali? one of the first tweets i saw his her commerating a fallen SNA soldier.

That is a pinned tweet so of course it would be seen first. She does that to appeal to everyone’s emotions, winning many people who aren’t aware enough over to her side everytime. And this is more so the type of tweets I see from her.

https://twitter.com/m1samira/status/1190673648006418433?s=21

I understand attacking the president, but she has bad intentions, she used the deaths of innocents to further her agenda, which is just sad tbh. Why can’t we just leave the diceased (aun) alone and not use as material for political arguments/discourse?

As this is a sensitive topic, people would immediately support her, it’s sickening of her tbh. Think about it walaal. Dragging the dead to win a few political points.

tyrannicalmanager

pseudo-intellectual

That is a pinned tweet so of course it would be seen first. She does that to appeal to everyone’s emotions, winning many people who aren’t aware enough over to her side everytime. And this is more so the type of tweets I see from her.

I understand attacking the president, but she has bad intentions, she used the deaths of innocents to further her agenda, which is just sad tbh. Why can’t we just leave the diceased (aun) alone and not use as material for political arguments/discourse?

As this is a sensitive topic, people would immediately support her, it’s sickening of her tbh. Think about it walaal. Dragging the dead to win a few political points.
i don't have time to defend a random twitter head, but the tweet she was posted is still criticism "using the dead" is a reminder that this is a dissaster and farmaajo is using this event to boost his ego, sometimes you have to remind people of the morbid reality that we're facing.

Dharbash

🧊
MARQUESS OF SSC
i don't have time to defend a random twitter head, but the tweet she was posted is still criticism "using the dead" is a reminder that this is a dissaster and farmaajo is using this event to boost his ego, sometimes you have to remind people of the morbid reality that we're facing.

She’s still heartless and could potentially have all her tweets questioned and deemed unreliable for its bias.

yeah I don't know where there getting the navy idea from, as soon as we beat Kenya from the ICJ we need to make it clear Ethiopian ships are banned from our water ways completely, and lay there navy dreams to rest as well go international if they try any funny business
Yeah but these traitors will try to help them and that idea came from the frenchies

Zayn

Visionary from Garbaharey
no, I cannot and will not except that their economy will be bigger than ours in the near future we need to sabotage this any way we can, it is a zero sums game just like Kenya did with the other bantu countries like Uganda and Tanzania who are reliant on it, once a group dominates a region its over we need Ethiopia reliant on us not just in ports but in all business, intact they should have no use for ports as we should be there only import, we should have a no using our ports policy until our industries kick off, then use our port advantage to trade with the rest of the world and keeping theres landlocked and local, eventually ours will outpace theres due to the port economy and there large populace will be relegated to using our products
Sxb You cannot sabotage their economy. They will use other ports like Djibouti Eritrea and Kenya's. If we let them use our ports we will make shit tons of money. By the way the guy that mentioned navy stuff that guy is absolute fool. Bruh tell me a landlocked country with a navy?
What a bunch of retard

Isn't this interview with Farmaajo old news? I rember watching it shortly after Abiy visited Muqdisho.

Actually I'm more worried about the recent reports of the clearing of debt arrears etc.
Some of the future loans by the WB seem to be heavily linked to a policy of regional integration in the Horn of Africa (listen to Dr. Beileh's lecture at the Brookings Institute) or him addressing the delegation of the World Bank led by the VP Hafez Ghanem.

I think generally speaking @Tukraq is on the money.
If we tailor our (basically) non-existent infrastructure on serving the admittedly (globally) more relevant Ethiopian market it probably will be to the detriment of connecting Somali regions (further fragmentation) making us a client state offering access through ports.

Instead of supporting regional states in their endeavours, respecting a federal framework and furthering reconciliation among brothers and sisters, which can all be achieved by inter-regional-state trade, we will end up competing for favourable opportunities coming from Addis.

It will result in neglecting Somali development for a quick buck generated at regional hubs and it will most certainly create an infrastructure, where all the major roads lead to Ethiopian cities in order to compliment their manufacturing and agricultural ambitions. This will leave Somali capacity-building in the aforementioned sectors forever in the dust and create dependence on Ethiopian products, energy etc. when we could have been self-sufficient.

Sxb You cannot sabotage their economy. They will use other ports like Djibouti Eritrea and Kenya's. If we let them use our ports we will make shit tons of money. By the way the guy that mentioned navy stuff that guy is absolute fool. Bruh tell me a landlocked country with a navy?
What a bunch of retard

ADDIS ABABA (Reuters) - Ethiopia and France agreed their first military cooperation accord on Tuesday, a deal that includes helping the landlocked nation build a navy, as Paris seeks to boost economic ties in Africa’s second-most populous country.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...navy-deal-turn-new-page-in-ties-idUSKBN1QT2W3

Don't know if you have missed the reports but there you go.
We don't know which ports they will eventually use but trust me they won't be cruising Lake Tana or their share of the blue-nile.

Eritrea is probably not down for any Ethiopian non-sense :nahgirl:

Djibouti could be a contestant since it serves the majority of their imports and exports but the waters are already patrolled heavily + there are like 7 world powers with their bases :hmm:
SL not so sure if they would let them, even though they have a 19 % stake in the upgrade of Berbera port. But I think Hargeisa will deliver on that as they profit from any foreign direct investment, not least for their political quest of recognition. :cosbyhmm:

Really leaves the only country that has agreed to co-operate on 4 major ports and which can't be trusted to deliver on agreements. Just in case they have to protect their investment, of course.
Oh and don't forget their trump-cards of piracy, security of shipping-lanes, regional security, bla bla bla, essentially duties which have been delegated to them as the regional hegemon. Roles and functions they already provide on land will be extended to the sea. :manny:

Last edited:
Waa igu sawir moment yet again like how hassan used to smile threw everything

Wallahi it's a catch-22. We are desperately in need of any revenue we can generate in order to kick start our economy and develop the land but should we easily give up our competitive edge for some crumbs in the great scheme of things? Even worse: loosing our geographical advantage and the leverage we could hold to a nation that was always trying to control the Somali shores.
I need some convincing which way is actually for the better.
:mjdontkno:

Last edited:
Wallahi it's a catch-22. We are desperately in need of any revenue we can generate in order to kick start our economy and develop the land but should we easily give up our competitive edge for some crumbs in the great scheme of things? Even worse: loosing our geographical advantage and the leverage we could hold to a nation that was always trying to control the Somali shores.
I need some convincing which way is actually for the better.
:mjdontkno:
Losing your sea/coast for one billion dollars is not worth it especially when your fishing market can generate way more in less than six months time

Losing your sea/coast for one billion dollars is not worth it especially when your fishing market can generate way more in less than six months time
You are right wallahi. Somalia should first develop the capacity to profit of off its abundant resources and then work on becoming a true regional hub and gate-way not only to Ethiopia but also, Rwanda, Uganda, Brundi, Congo etc.

My worry is that by signing a cooperation with Ethiopia on 4 ports, what will really happen is that they will try to get their foot in the door too and feel entitled to serving those countries through our ports. We will try to kick them out and then once again be crying and calacaaling at an international court, when we could have played our cards right from the get go.

https://qz.com/africa/1591342/djibouti-ordered-to-pay-dubais-dp-world-533-million/

Djibouti was ordered by the Court of International Arbitration to pay $533 million to DP World in April 2019. Wallahi we will be spending a big cut on legal proceedings if we are not careful what we get ourselves into.

You are right wallahi. Somalia should first develop the capacity to profit of off its abundant resources and then work on becoming a true regional hub and gate-way not only to Ethiopia but also, Rwanda, Uganda, Brundi, Congo etc.

My worry is that by signing a cooperation with Ethiopia on 4 ports, what will really happen is that they will try to get their foot in the door too and feel entitled to serving those countries through our ports. We will try to kick them out and then once again be crying and calacaaling at an international court, when we could have played our cards right from the get go.

https://qz.com/africa/1591342/djibouti-ordered-to-pay-dubais-dp-world-533-million/

Djibouti was ordered by the Court of International Arbitration to pay $533 million to DP World in April 2019. Wallahi we will be spending a big cut on legal proceedings if we are not careful what we get ourselves into.
That is what is worrying and might be the case

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
This is a very tough decision, both sides have excellent points and concerns. Hopefully we meet in the middle after hearing each other out :)

Tukraq

VIP
What a bunch of retard
Ethiopia mentioned thats there goal, and that can work for them if the somali presidency is compromised and basically there stooge, hopefully not the case, as for there economy portion, theres literally no landlocked successful economies in the world weather as a country or even states within countries, its the biggest disadvantage a country can have, if we don't play ball with them at all yes we can sabotage and put a ceiling on their economy as then their other options then have them by the throat and aren't inclined to do business with them either for the same reason

The fact that the country most Somalis see as their biggest enemy and nemesis is now suddenly our "ally" is alarming. The regime might have changed but the core reasons for our hostility is still there.

Open the ports for Ethiopian business but at no means should they own or co-own our ports with us. It’s very simple. The 1st privately owned port is currently under construction at Garacad. We are not poor and can built ports ourselves and where needed get loans to further built and expand our ports.

Tukraq

VIP
Open the ports for Ethiopian business but at no means should they own or co-own our ports with us. It’s very simple. The 1st privately owned port is currently under construction at Garacad. We are not poor and can built ports ourselves and where needed get loans to further built and expand our ports.
opening it for there business hampers our businesses, why let theres take off for menial port money? would be better for our local business to grow of these ports while theres suffers due to being landlocked, intern we can then provide to there massive population through our business making them consumers only