Fans of House of the Dragon/HBO/Series are going wild

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
House of the Dragon star Steve Toussaint is calling out racist viewers who seem to have a problem with his casting in the Game of Thrones prequel series.

Toussaint, 57, responded to the criticism in an interview with Men's Health, following the racist social media backlash of a Black man being cast as Lord Corlys Velaryon or "The Sea Snake" in the HBO period drama.

According to Variety, Lord Corlys is never explicitly described as white in George R. R. Martin's Fire and Blood, which the prequel series is based off of. However, because his ancestors are Valyrian and his hair is described in the books as "Targaryen white-blonde," some expected him to be played by a white actor.

1661450757613.png

What say you?

I think the fans have a point. These shows are Historical fiction. Fans can't past his blackness, and it removes the fatansy out of the equation. And walaahi this is not about racism. Its like George Bush playing Martin Luther King

Last edited:

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
House of the Dragon star Steve Toussaint is calling out racist viewers who seem to have a problem with his casting in the Game of Thrones prequel series.

Toussaint, 57, responded to the criticism in an interview with Men's Health, following the racist social media backlash of a Black man being cast as Lord Corlys Velaryon or "The Sea Snake" in the HBO period drama.

View attachment 235374

What say you?

I think the fans have a point. These shows are Historical fiction. Fans can't past his blackness, and it removes the fatansy out of the equation. And walaahi this is not about racism. Its like George Bush playing Martin Luther King
This is sad so the historical character was white and the die hard fans are erked a black man is playing a Targarean, wtf they supposed to be blonde and blue eyed not dhuxul :gucciwhat: Woke culture has gone too far

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP

View attachment 235374

What say you?

If the man who wrote the book has no problem, why do fans?

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
This is sad so the historical character was white and the die hard fans are erked a black man is playing a Targarean, wtf they supposed to be blonde and blue eyed not dhuxul :gucciwhat: Woke culture has gone too far

I agree. Walaahii this is not racism. Its just contextual. Its like my 18th century Jane Austen played by a mixed breed or a full blown Black person. It defeats the purpose of escaping to 18th century

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
If the man who wrote the book has no problem, why do fans?

The man who wrote the book cannot be allowed to be 'honest' because he will be called a racist

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
I agree. Walaahii this is not racism. Its just contextual. Its like my 18th century Jane Austen played by a mixed breed or a full blown Black person. It defeats the purpose of escaping to 18th century
Exactly, its not historically correct, blacks need
to create their own narratives like Tyler Perry did instead of humiliating themselves like this. Look at the blonde wig they made it dreads instead of white hair too they trolling :chrisfreshhah:

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Exactly, its not historically correct, blacks need
to create their own narratives like Tyler Perry did instead of humiliating themselves like this. Look at the blonde wig they made it dreads instead of white hair too they trolling :chrisfreshhah:

Its a mess. I want every race to be happy to WHO they are. Including Darood vs Hawiye. Periodt.

How many times have Cadaans whitewashed real historical figures, not fcking fantasy madeup bullshit

I cringe everytime I see blue eyed guy fag*ot playing as Awoowe Ramses the 2nd

dx4cw82jy8i81.jpg

Diaspora ambassador

''Dagaalka gala'' Garaad Jaamac Garaad Cali
VIP
It's a damn fictional story, these snowflakes be crying over everything whilst calling poc emotional 💀

The show got dragons but let's draw the line at the black guy playing a character. A little bit of colour in old valeria is healthy. We are just missing asians but they are geographically a bit further away 🤣🤣

According to Variety, Lord Corlys is never explicitly described as white in George R. R. Martin's Fire and Blood, which the prequel series is based off of. However, because his ancestors are Valyrian and his hair is described in the books as "Targaryen white-blonde," some expected him to be played by a white actor.

View attachment 235374

What say you?

if the creator of the universe is alive, involved with the show an executive producer and doesn't seem to give a damn, I have no reason to care either. This would be different if he were dead and had no say but he is not.

Dharbash

🧊
MARQUESS OF SSC

View attachment 235374

What say you?

He seems like a good fit so far from what I’m seeing in the first episode, and it’s only the first episode he hasn’t done much and we haven’t seen much from the series just yet, they’re just racist

GemState

36/21
VIP
The author originally wanted to make all the Targaryens Dinka-black, no joke. He didn't go through with it because a bunch of sister-fucking black tyrants was bad PR

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I stopped watching this-- it is very boring.

Trending

Latest posts