Family and marriage

Luciddreamer

Certified bakhti
Does families care about what qabil your wife/husband is from?

Lately ive been focusing on what it means to marry someone.
The thing is, you have to consider the kind of family you're getting into.

Ive heard discrimination from my side of the family, talking about im only reserved for my qabil
and their allies etc.

But what if i find a dime xalimo who doesn't care about that kind of stuff but shes from a
qabil my family hates?

Seeing as how the younger generation is bit chill about this kind of stuff i wonder
how this would affect the stubborn dinosaurs aka parents from both sides?

Who would want a family that resents each other at family gatherings and summer BBQs?

Keep it civil, dont focus on the details but the bigger picture.

Nostalgia

DEACTIVATED!
I think some parents/family think the marriage will work better if the spouses have the same qabiil because when a conflict occurs the old men can come together easily to intermediate between the couple.

I want my husband and his family to get along with my family, if they don't like me or my family we wouldn't get married. What's important is deen, I grew up in the west and don't care about that so there's no reason anyone should care what qabiil I marry.

Radical

Certified CNC expert.
If I see a beautiful educated xalimo with a nice personality, shared interests, common goals and the same outlook on life... then the last thing I'm going to worry about is what village her grandad resided in.

Since I'm mixed-qabil, my parents don't really care on what qabil I try to tie the knot with. But they said never bring a Bantu or Madow home.

:gaasdrink:

Macalin M

Out here
Props of being a man. None of my family will give a shit!

Yes I know it’s a privilege and I am taking advantage of it. If I didn’t take advantage of it then it would be a slap in the face to all the women here.

Lmao
I think some parents/family think the marriage will work better if the spouses have the same qabiil because when a conflict occurs the old men can come together easily to intermediate between the couple.

I want my husband and his family to get along with my family, if they don't like me or my family we wouldn't get married. What's important is deen, I grew up in the west and don't care about that so there's no reason anyone should care what qabiil I marry.
When a problem arises in a relationship it should be dealt by the husband and wife only. Adding more people only adds fuel to the fire

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
The qabil thing is exaggerated, I doubt your family is going to reject someone based on a qabil. If you do however have those rare parents, you can either let go and save yourself the headache or if she/he means so much you can go ahead and get married most parents come around after children come into the picture.

Nostalgia

DEACTIVATED!
I don't know but because of the war maybe older generations won't get along, but from my own experience when someone I knew was having marital problems and the guy wouldn't come home the odeys from the same qabiil came together to talk to him. If that makes sense, I'm not saying odeys from different qabiils can't come together to talk it out but if there's tensions between them then it won't be very beneficial for them to help the couple.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
When a problem arises in a relationship it should be dealt by the husband and wife only. Adding more people only adds fuel to the fire
I agree whatever happens in their marriage they should deal with it snd not bring other people into their problems

Daacad90

Aspiring Buraanbur Artist.
No my family are ilbaax they are not mooryan like other somalis we dont discriminate based on qabiil. I have got every qabiil in my family.

The same old niggas that ruined somalia, i will pass.

Does families care about what qabil your wife/husband is from?

Lately ive been focusing on what it means to marry someone.
The thing is, you have to consider the kind of family you're getting into.

Ive heard discrimination from my side of the family, talking about im only reserved for my qabil
and their allies etc.

But what if i find a dime xalimo who doesn't care about that kind of stuff but shes from a
qabil my family hates?

Seeing as how the younger generation is bit chill about this kind of stuff i wonder
how this would affect the stubborn dinosaurs aka parents from both sides?

Who would want a family that resents each other at family gatherings and summer BBQs?

Keep it civil, dont focus on the details but the bigger picture.
Marry whoever you want. If you’re a guy qabiil of your future wife shouldn’t even matter because your kids get your qabiil not your wife’s. My parents said any big qabiil is ok unfortunately. :russ:

Trending

Latest posts