Fake Fight: The Quiet Jihadist Takeover of Somalia (Matt Bryden)

No one cares about what the mercenary Matt Bryden thinks. He is a war profiteer and a fugitive.

It’s all islamophobic dog whistles.

He even accuses the government of “taqqiya” in order for it to achieve an “islamist takeover”.

Somalia is a Muslim country. Deal with it.

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
Mr Matt should do the right thing and turn himself in, he has caused so much chaos and division, answer for some of them is a step in the right direction :)

I liked the article, most of it rung true and makes sense, about how farmaajo prioritized fighting member states over Al Shabaab & allow them to tax residents under their noses.

But I was shocked when I read this

Farmaajo was not an Islamist, but from Fahad’s perspective, this rendered his candidate even more useful. During his studies abroad and exposure to members of other Islamist groups, Fahad had apparently internalised a practice more commonly associated with Shi’a Islam: taqqiya – the use of deception and dissimulation in defence of the faith, which Sunni jihadists have pragmatically appropriated in recent decades.

This guy doesn't know what the f*CK his talking about.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP

It’s long but interesting. Fairly obvious Somalia is heading for an Afghan style takeover under this current government.

Great read. My favorite part;

For a start, there was virtually no attempt to create even the illusion of due process. The Attorney General filed charges with the Banaadir regional court, which has no jurisdiction to try cases involving federal crimes – crimes against the state – but which proved conveniently amenable to guidance from the presidency. Indictments were announced by press release and no summons were issued. When Sahan’s lawyer presented himself at the first hearing, he was asked to leave on the grounds that the court had already appointed defence counsel and his presence would only complicate things. The charges proffered by the prosecution alleged espionage and the revelation of state secrets, but in public the government insisted that Sahan published only lies – an assertion entirely at odds with the charge of revealing national secrets. Were we guilty of telling the truth (and too much of it) or lying? The government didn’t seem able to make up its mind. Either way, no evidence was presented in support of the charges, no witnesses were put forward, and no one ever bothered to record statements from the defendants. It was, in the truest sense of the term, a “show trial”.

:mjlol:

Great read. My favorite part;

For a start, there was virtually no attempt to create even the illusion of due process. The Attorney General filed charges with the Banaadir regional court, which has no jurisdiction to try cases involving federal crimes – crimes against the state – but which proved conveniently amenable to guidance from the presidency. Indictments were announced by press release and no summons were issued. When Sahan’s lawyer presented himself at the first hearing, he was asked to leave on the grounds that the court had already appointed defence counsel and his presence would only complicate things. The charges proffered by the prosecution alleged espionage and the revelation of state secrets, but in public the government insisted that Sahan published only lies – an assertion entirely at odds with the charge of revealing national secrets. Were we guilty of telling the truth (and too much of it) or lying? The government didn’t seem able to make up its mind. Either way, no evidence was presented in support of the charges, no witnesses were put forward, and no one ever bothered to record statements from the defendants. It was, in the truest sense of the term, a “show trial”.

Trial in absentia is total bs, especially for a reporter. That should be obvious whether you agree or disagree with a reporter.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
Trial in absentia is total bs, especially for a reporter. That should be obvious whether you agree or disagree with a reporter.
The court told his lawyer to leave because he would only complicate things. I couldn’t stop laughing after reading that.

The court told his lawyer to leave because he would only complicate things. I couldn’t stop laughing after reading that.
Also I didn’t know what made them not like him at 1st. They come across as petty with an authoritative vibe.
“Having fulfilled its obligation as a third-party monitor to report on police brutality, Sahan also felt compelled to flag a much broader strategic concern: Villa Somalia’s intensifying efforts to weaken Somalia’s FMS and to dismantle the federal structures mandated by the Provisional Constitution – especially FMS police forces. Few observers realised that the police crackdown in Baidoa had not been led by the SWS state police, but by a few dozen federal police officers operating under direct orders from Mogadishu. On 17 December 2018, following an interview I gave to the Washington Post about how Roobow’s arrest was symptomatic of Villa Somalia’s centralist, authoritarian tendencies, Sahan was banned from Somalia and I was declared persona non grata.”

https://www.garoweonline.com/en/fea...led-federalism-in-somalia-promoted-al-shabaab

Read the whole article on the above link

How Farmaajo "killed" Federalism in Somalia and Promoted AlShabaab

Screenshot 2021-11-11 at 02.36.44.png

Al Shabaab are not coming back. This is not Afghanistan were America could not penetrate the tough mountainous terrain. Somalia is flat which why a very weak army like that of Ethiopia crushed the ICU in matter of weeks. Had US start a full fledged war with boots on the ground they can eradicate Al Shabaab entirely even in remote region of Mid Juba.

Neighboring countries especially Ethiopia would never allow Al Shabaab to take over Mogadishu and install and central government that's the main reason why did they invade Somalia.

𐒈𐒈𐒆𐒍

𐒑𐒘𐒌𐒚𐒘𐒇𐒂𐒇𐒒𐒇𐒀
The part about Fahad beierrorist employing its only was known expect role of Umal for talks and merge AIS +AS. Process of integrating AS into SNA didn't pan but basically AS would mix with xoogaga wadaaniniyinta it explains why Farmajo fanboys want AU out.

What role would farmaajo N&N clan supporters have in a islamist government?

Trending