Factions during 1991+, Who were they and what were their goals.

Who cares, they all failed.

The SNM failed where the EPLF succeeded, likewise USC failed where TPLF succeeded.
Afweyne failed where Mengitsu succeeded (1977)

1715637193307.png

Do you know anything about the ssdf? Did they commit any crimes as grave as the snm???
No, the SSDF limited its operation mostly to within its own tribal territory. Most controversial was the infighting that occured between the differing factions, but that was very much a more political conflict, or as political as Somalia can get, and like the conflict within the USC mostly harmed its own tribal people.

On the question on why they still seem to support SL, its the curse of the small guy. Vast majority of Gadabuursi in the west are staunch unionist, but if you're in SL talking about unionism enough times the cops will show up at your door, and believe me you do not want that. In the end people want to live a quite life with as little distractions. It's not like SL is an apartheid state, so aslong as peace is still there and unionismisnt protected by Somalia, people will do what is neccesary to survive.

Last edited:
No, the SSDF limited its operation mostly to within its own tribal territory. Most controversial was the infighting that occured between the differing factions, but that was very much a more political conflict, or as political as Somalia can get, and like the conflict within the USC mostly harmed its own tribal people.

On the question on why they still seem to support SL, its the curse of the small guy. Vast majority of Gadabuursi in the west are staunch unionist, but if you're in SL talking about unionism enough times the cops will show up at your door, and believe me you do not want that. In the end people want to live a quite life with as little distractions. It's not like SL is an apartheid state, so aslong as peace is still there and unionismisnt protected by Somalia, people will do what is neccesary to survive.

Unionism is a hobby for westerners.

The reality is peace is precious and so is the protection of property. The reason why the south is shambles and Somaliland is not.

Somalia will never return. The same country that set up extermination squads against the majority of Somaliland returning to the place to protect precious unionism? Crazy sense of priorities in your head.

Old Somalia meet new Somalia. So many rights are about to be protected lol

Last edited:

CABDULWALI XASAN.

Cabdul's Status CLOSED until further notice.
Unionism is a hobby for westerners.

The reality is peace is precious and so is the protection of property. The reason why the south is shambles and Somaliland is not.

Somalia will never return. The same country that set up extermination squads against the majority of Somaliland returning to the place to protect precious unionism? Crazy sense of priorities in your head.

Old Somalia meet new Somalia. So many rights are about to be protected lol

??? What are you talking about

CABDULWALI XASAN.

Cabdul's Status CLOSED until further notice.
Yom-ama house
I cant find it on google, might have to use a different search engine the only thing that popped up was an internet archive which had that I also put ethiopia in there. Are you sure you are spelling it correctly? I mean it does sound Pretty ethiopian to me

I cant find it on google, might have to use a different search engine the only thing that popped up was an internet archive which had that I also put ethiopia in there. Are you sure you are spelling it correctly? I mean it does sound Pretty ethiopian to me
sometimes you need to take out the - and make it one word

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
SPM split and a faction under Morgan contributed to the famine in Bay and Bakool, causing around 500k deaths. RRA formed partly to stop ongoing atrocities.
A common Hawiye lie to cover up mooryaan culture of USC.

The main reason why food aid was not reaching Bay & Bakool is that the USC was looting all aid coming into the port of Mogadishu. That simple.

No, the SSDF limited its operation mostly to within its own tribal territory. Most controversial was the infighting that occured between the differing factions, but that was very much a more political conflict, or as political as Somalia can get, and like the conflict within the USC mostly harmed its own tribal people

That's not true. After Ethiopia imprisoned AY majority of SSDF laid down their arms and become loyal Afweynists using a combination of coercion and intimidation to woe them in. Bosasso Port was his gift for Majerteen capitulation thought the port was half finished when his government fell in 1991.

Ut3rZjF.png
G4DZWlw.png

That's why I always laugh at the likes of @DR OSMAN reminiscing about his sell out family. Or the clueless Gen Z who spam Mogadishu downtown vintage photos in 1975 depiction of advanced Somalia. Osman's own inadeer the Gaal Ayan Xersi book "infidel" had many juicy scripts about her upbringing in Afweyne's Somalia and discrimination her people went through. Very bleak illustrations of the day to day life in Somalia's "Golden Age" Detoriating living standards, long lines for food rations, massive human right violations and open institutional form of qabyaalad in all sectors of the government. When it came for SSDF she retold their long struggle untill they eventually surrendered and joined Siad Barre campaign in Somaliland.

IMG_20240514_120247.jpg

A common Hawiye lie to cover up mooryaan culture of USC.

The main reason why food aid was not reaching Bay & Bakool is that the USC was looting all aid coming into the port of Mogadishu. That simple.
Everything I say is corroborated by sources. If your counter argument is "lol its lie", it falls flat. Besides, you keep assuming my tribe as to discredit any argument that goes against your tribalist world view, grow up each one of these groups have done some awful stuff.

Fact is, Morgan and his marauding band went on and raped and killed all over Bay and Bakool to such an extent that it cause the famine.

Anyone feeling compelled to "protect" what happened during the 90s by their kinsmen needs to reevaluate their moral compass.

Trending

Latest posts