Faarahs vs Xalimos marriage debate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yh if she isn't willing to compromise then she ain't the one. That's my motto. There are women who see Mehr as a a come up and compete with friends and family in who can get the highest Mehr. It's a real issue in the community. I can't take a woman seriously if she prioritises the amount of the Mehr over other factors of a marriage.
Family might influence the mehr amount aswell

She should create her own safety net. I wasn't put on this earth to do that for her.
it's the age of 50/50. no more blind alegience to a backward culture that tells us u ain't no man unless u cough out money for her and her family.
nah fam.

YoungFarah

:)
VIP
She should create her own safety net. I wasn't put on this earth to do that for her.
it's the age of 50/50. no more blind alegience to a backward culture that tells us u ain't no man unless u cough out money for her and her family.
nah fam.
I agree that's my POV when it comes to Mehr. Women are way more independent than they were 100 years ago in Somalia. There's no excuse for a woman to want £20k from her husband to be when he's making £40k and she's making the same as him.

nah fam.

I dont agree with the ridiculous mehr prices but... 50/50? Will you be going 50/50 on chores and taking care of the children? That doesn't sound fair.

My friend is paying 5k to his girls parents for mehr, but he's making his wife to be pay 2500 and he's gonna come up with the other half to fulfill the requirements :salute:

nah fam.
It's religion not culture...

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
But if you're already expecting your husband to be an Ashy Abdi then why marry him in the first place? And wouldn't it be better to put the money in buying a house or something more worthwhile?
Don't question my outrage. Accept it and let it marinate that Ashy Abdis ain't shiiiet.

200.gif

I agree that's my POV when it comes to Mehr. Women are way more independent than they were 100 years ago in Somalia. There's no excuse for a woman to want £20k from her husband to be when he's making £40k and she's making the same as him.
if she's going to want expensive meher, chances are she's also going to want a wedding. That's where you hit her. she wants a 15 meher? no problem, but the she'll finance 75% of the $30k wedding we'll have which means she'll spend 22500 out of the 45 that'll be the wedding+the meher.:samwelcome:
ain't no way a nigga who slaved to earn money will let his entire savings see the drains. Imagine if yall get divorced after all that money?

YoungFarah

VIP
I dont agree with the ridiculous mehr prices but... 50/50? Will you be going 50/50 on chores and taking care of the children? That doesn't sound fair.
I agree with your point but shared conjugal roles are much more common nowadays. I would like to think that my household would be symmetrical in the roles we take. If we both have careers it can be close to 50/50 but the sad reality is the woman will most likely have a heavier burden on chores etc. I'll try my best to make it <55/45.

it's a question of chicken vs the egg.
I can ask u the same question, if u want the man to pay for everything, are u willing to assume a real wive's role, cooking, cleaning, tending to every single one of ur husband's needs without qaylo?

KULTA

f*ck you im from Mudug
Just because your reer baadiye mothers were worth less doesn't mean we have to compromise. The world is changing. You can't do anything with 5k or even 10k. You can't even start a business for your children once the useless Ashy Abdi husband kicks the bucket. Do you even want dowry means? Dowry is for the woman incase the husband dies, that's her security blanket for her and the kids. All these talks about 5k take it or leave it, think about your future children, you incompetent piglets.

P.s

I might have went too far with the reer baadiye mother. Ooopsies.

I'm a motherfucking man, i will take care of my god damn children yaa ahlul ximaar!

Go to work and save money for your damn "security blanket". I got my own security blanket for me and my children:banderas:

Shitliimos want to spend their salary on shisha and shaah and force us innocent hardworking men to pay for everything!

Tuug tuug dhashay!

I agree with your point but shared conjugal roles are much more common nowadays. I would like to think that my household would be symmetrical in the roles we take. If we both have careers it can be close to 50/50 but the sad reality is the woman will most likely have a heavier burden on chores etc. I'll try my best to make it <55/45.

Childcare will never be 50/50, as it should be tbh. As for chores, I'm sure you mean that but it'll never be the case. Somali guys are not raised to clean (at most they won't make a mess). Lol no ones gonna wait around for things to be half cleaned thats gross.

YoungFarah

VIP
Childcare will never be 50/50, as it should be tbh. As for chores, I'm sure you mean that but it'll never be the case. Somali guys are not raised to clean (at most they won't make a mess). Lol no ones gonna wait around for things to be half cleaned thats gross.
I agree that's the sad truth but a nigga can try :manny:
@Ferrari help a brother out in this debate it's 4 women vs 1 nacalaa

Vision

If its on mainstream media, don't believe it
I think the safety net is for stuff like if something was to happen to you unexpectedly. Are you okay with leaving ur fam 3k :mjlol:

I dont understand this.

You pay the mehr if you divorce. When that isnt the case and the husband dies he leaves them everything he owns not just the 3k. Nobody gon ask a dead man for mehr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending