"Explaining Yugoslavia’s Turn to Non-Alignment"

Explaining Yugoslavia’s Turn to Non-Alignment

"Relentless in the ideology of Josip Tito’s Communists was the pursuit of independence. Through periods of foreign dependence it would become more muted, but remained the driving force of their actions – even to the exclusion of more dominant, threatening powers. Whatever naiveties they held about the possibilities for independence in a bipolar world were blown away upon the expulsion from the Soviet camp that drove them into neutrality. That their independence endured, even becoming the defining feature of their accomplishments, is testament to the talent of their statesmen, the irrepressible need to survive, and their intense desire to effect greater change. Their instinct for survival had dictated their turn to neutralism, but it was their ideology – unparalleled in its experience of global affairs – that turned them to nonalignment."

I don't agree with Communism but the more I learn about Tito's non-alignment concept, the more I admire it.

Molotoff

Supreme Bosniak Geeljire
VIP
Being from the former Yugoslavia myself, I question the neutrality of this country.

Yugoslavia was a great ally of the US (and received a lot of funds), and the US used Yugoslavia because Tito wouldn't succumb to Stalins demands for submission to the Soviet Union as the leader of the communistosphere.

Octavian

Hmm
VIP
Being from the former Yugoslavia myself, I question the neutrality of this country.

Yugoslavia was a great ally of the US (and received a lot of funds), and the US used Yugoslavia because Tito wouldn't succumb to Stalins demands for submission to the Soviet Union as the leader of the communistosphere.
whats ur thoughts on Tito

Molotoff

Supreme Bosniak Geeljire
VIP
whats ur thoughts on Tito

I am ambivalent. I like him for granting Bosnia status as a federal unit (social republic within Yugoslavia), restoring it as a subject after it was partitioned in the first Yugoslavia (kingdom of Yugoslavia). I also like him for is skills as a leader, leading the south slavs in the struggle against German and Italian occupators, serbian chetnik militia and croatian fascist ustashas.

I don’t like him for suppressing religion, confiscating the property of Muslims, both private and mosques and other property belonging to the islamic community in Bosnia.

He also neglected some parts of Bosnia socioeconomically and fundswise.

I don't understand how people were unironically Communist back then and didn't realize it was a Jewish-Masonic conspiracy.

the-whole-secret-of-the-campaigns-unleashed-against-spain-can-be-explained-in-two-words-masonry-and-quote-1.jpg

Last edited:
newly post colonial nations hated capitalism due to their colonial master and they needed money so communism was the only path forward while others believed that a strong military/ ruler was the thing that was nedeed to move the country forward

well Marxism-Leninism denounced imperialism and colonialism... this is a core part of Marxist-Leninist ideology... whether the Soviets actually followed such principles is another matter but their ideology denounced imperialism and I think this was very appealing to many third world nations

(plus, Marxists really did support the fight against Apartheid, for example)

Trending

Latest posts