Experiences finding a relationship

inflorescence

The Horn ~~~
This is me being biased against online dating but good thing on deleting those apps. It's a detached, lowered down version to actually interacting people. I think it's less about you not connecting to somali guys and more about online dating being so low effort. There is no engagement when you're sitting in your room swiping left or right on people based on a few pictures and a few sentences.

Do you have a friend of a friend that is single?

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
Are you beautiful?!! Because if you are then it will definitely get easier inshallah

SOMALIKNIGHT

Golan Heights belong to Syria
Are you a practising Muslim? I know many single Muslim men who are serious but you must be a practising Muslim and without a past.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
Are people on dating apps really serious?

Cause ive heard some weird stories about those muslim dating apps

QueenofKings

Kick in the door wavin the .44
Ive heard stories of married guys pretending they're single
Omg I’ve heard the same. A colleague of my friend met this guy and things were going well, one day she calls him on his regular phone and an angry wife with a baby in the background answers and she’s like ‘maxaa rabtaa? Why you calling my husband?’

I have so many horror stories from gfs and even guy friends to know dating apps are just full of the worse type of people( and often with bad intension).

@Onyxbrainster defo stay away. InshaAllah covid will pass and the world will open up more.

Hi, hope you're doing well.

Its, a rat race out there, a jungle to be precise and online dating has made everyone jaded, the guys you connect with online have probably come across their fair share of game playing and flaky girls and online amplifies this 5×. Now, everyone is game playing to protect their ego.

From my experience, men are just a lot more serious if they meet you in person, or through a friend ect. When it comes to apps regardless of how pretty you are or amazing your personality is, you're just a picture behind a screen that can potentially be a catfish.

Last edited:

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
Omg I’ve heard the same. A colleague of my friend met this guy and things were going well, one day she calls him on his regular phone and an angry wife with a baby in the background answers and she’s like ‘maxaa rabtaa? Why you calling my husband?’

I have so many horror stories from gfs and even guy friends to know dating apps are just full of the worse type of people( and often with bad intension).

@Onyxbrainster defo stay away. InshaAllah covid will pass and the world will open up more.
Ive heard stories where one guy was facetiming this girl and a small kid kept calling him "daddy" and the guy denied hes the dad and later he confessed it was his kid and when she asked xaas ma ledahay? he responded by saying "sort of"

And another story was this girl found a doctor on one of those muslim dating apps their 1st date this guy leans over to try kiss her she leans away and he said "sorry but you activated my part of the brain"

QueenofKings

Kick in the door wavin the .44
Ive heard stories where one guy was facetiming this girl and a small kid kept calling him "daddy" and the guy denied hes the dad and later he confessed it was his kid and when she asked xaas ma ledahay? he responded by saying "sort of"

And another story was this girl found a doctor on one of those muslim dating apps their 1st date this guy leans over to try kiss her she leans away and he said "sorry but you activated my part of the brain"

I feel like this is just the tip of the dating app iceberg. Books can be written on bad tinder dates. Literally volumes and collections of books.

So true. Maybe it’s because you're more tangible? I’d say to OP maybe look at places like IG or Twitter because your personality and pics are there; you’re more real.

I definitely do think Instagram is a better option, they can see your pics, what you're into and mutual people you might both know.

I think dating apps like Muzmatch have changed the game in good and bad ways, many men definitely do see these apps as a game and waste women's time for shits and giggles, but on the flip side, I have a lot of friends that have married using that app. One thing they did say is that dating apps are a numbers game, so you do end up matching with a lot of people before you find someone that is suitable. So I don't know if OP should give up, just yet. Maybe, she should widen her filter to Somalis in other countries.

You have to be careful though, I don't know about Canada, but I think the whole of the UK are on muzmatch. Better options, but more chance of qarxis.

:mjlol:

So, is it similar in Canada?

dr.leorio

death\emitter
Dating is over in 2021 and the pandemic will be here for another 2 years so your best bet is to use word of mouth via your qabiil network. Online dating is trash and if you use it, you are going to die alone. Be proactive with your search and make istikhara. Inshallah you get what you're looking for