Existence of god

Mozart

You need people like me
* I’m not saying god doesn’t exist *

Growing up my parents encouraged me to focus on academia since i grew up in a rough area so I didn’t take Dugsi too seriously hence I learnt nothing lol .

I’ve been thinking about life for a while and studied all religions and agree with Islam the most. I think it captures society better than the others hence it makes more sense to me.

But, one concept I can’t get my head around is the creation of god. How is god eternal ? Is god some form of energy force? Before ‘Earth’ and humans , what was god doing? Why create things if everything is pre-destined and your going to punish those who do wrong yet you wrote it for them ?

I’d appreciate any answers.

Villainess

smooth talk on a rainy summer evening
* I’m not saying god doesn’t exist *

Growing up my parents encouraged me to focus on academia since i grew up in a rough area so I didn’t take Dugsi too seriously hence I learnt nothing lol .

I’ve been thinking about life for a while and studied all religions and agree with Islam the most. I think it captures society better than the others hence it makes more sense to me.

But, one concept I can’t get my head around is the creation of god. How is god eternal ? Is god some form of energy force? Before ‘Earth’ and humans , what was god doing? Why create things if everything is pre-destined and your going to punish those who do wrong yet you wrote it for them ?

I'm not good with answers @Sheikh Al Amir is better at it but notice how everything predicted in the quran happened? There has to be a powerful force out there and that's Allah. from biology to science it's written in the quran. Check out https://www.miracles-of-quran.com/

Villainess

smooth talk on a rainy summer evening
And for But, one concept I can’t get my head around is the creation of god. How is god eternal ? Is god some form of energy force? Before ‘Earth’ and humans , what was god doing? Why create things if everything is pre-destined and your going to punish those who do wrong yet you wrote it for them ? here's your answer

i'm sorry I don't have the time to write a few pages to your question but hope that helped

Mozart

You need people like me
And for But, one concept I can’t get my head around is the creation of god. How is god eternal ? Is god some form of energy force? Before ‘Earth’ and humans , what was god doing? Why create things if everything is pre-destined and your going to punish those who do wrong yet you wrote it for them ? here's your answer

i'm sorry I don't have the time to write a few pages to your question but hope that helped
Thanks I’ll have a read

How is god eternal ? Is god some form of energy force? Before ‘Earth’ and humans , what was god doing? Why create things if everything is pre-destined and your going to punish those who do wrong yet you wrote it for them ?
We don't know the answer to any of that.

Pre-destiny isn't a purely supernatural thing, string theory and other theories of physics interpret time to be an additional dimension/plane that we experience in one direction... however that will ever happened already did. Weird I know but pre-destiny is actually a thing in science. Also for an Islamic POV we also have free will to decide our actions we have no access to our futures.

Mozart

You need people like me
We don't know the answer to any of that.

Pre-destiny isn't a purely supernatural thing, string theory and other theories of physics interpret time to be an additional dimension/plane that we experience in one direction... however that will ever happened already did. Weird I know but pre-destiny is actually a thing in science. Also for an Islamic POV we also have free will to decide our actions we have no access to our futures.
Thanks man I find that pre-destiny and science relationship interesting so I’ll look into it .

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
Do you know what eternal means? It means something that isn't limited to space and time. This means Allah is unlimited. He's the supreme being and nothing can exist without him.

Has Allah created other beings or are we the only beings Allah created? The biggest scholars such as Ibn Taymiyyah have opined that Allah created other life forms and this goes back to the perfection of Allah being the creator. Khalaq means the one who continues to create so the notion that the only creation is us and after we're gone there will be no other creation. This diminishes the majesty of Allah. The truth is Allah has been constantly creating and will constantly continue to create to no end and that is what we only know. Outside of this world, we know nothing out there. This is simply our portion and there are others as well before us and after us but could they be simultaneous to us? There's no negation of the fact that other worlds could be simultaneous to us or other creatures could be simultaneous to us and there is some evidence to suggest that as Allah says in the Qu'ran he has created things that we don't know about.

Surah Israh where Allah (SWT) says: "We have honoured the children of Adam and we have carried them in the lands and the seas and we have given them many things and we have preferred them (humans) over many other things that we have created." We occupy a high rank according to this verse but not the highest. Do you understand? Now in the world, we inhabit who is at the top of the pyramid? It's us Humans. Who bows down to us? Angels and Jinns so this powerful verse proves we're not really the only existing creatures in this universe nor are we the center of this universe and it would be very arrogant to assume that.

The last one was a good point but it all comes down to Allah (SWT) having eternal knowledge and being all-powerful. If Allah doesn't know what will you do next then this diminishes his majesty. This means that Allah already knows everything that will happen, and nothing happens unless it is according to Allah's will. However, this does not mean that the choices people make are not free choices. Instead, it means that Allah knows what people will choose to do.

Last edited:
But, one concept I can’t get my head around is the creation of god. How is god eternal? Is god some form of energy force? Before ‘Earth’ and humans , what was god doing?
The answer is nobody created God and Allah is eternal. Allah is beyond time and our human comprehension!

Surah Al Ikhlas Chapter 112

1. Say: He is Allah, the One and Only;

2. Allah, the Eternal, Absolute;

3. He neither begets nor is born;

4. And there is none like unto Him.

Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said:
يَأْتِي الشَّيْطَانُ أَحَدَكُمْ فَيَقُولَ مَنْ خَلَقَ كَذَا وَكَذَا حَتَّى يَقُولَ لَهُ مَنْ خَلَقَ رَبَّكَ فَإِذَا بَلَغَ ذَلِكَ فَلْيَسْتَعِذْ بِاللَّهِ وَلْيَنْتَهِ
Satan will come to one of you and he will say, ‘Who created this and that?’ until he says to him, ‘Who created your Lord?’ When it comes to this, let him seek refuge in Allah and stop such thoughts.
Source: Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī 3102

Why create things if everything is pre-destined and your going to punish those who do wrong yet you wrote it for them ?

Allah knows everything but he gives you the choice to choose right from wrong. Everything pre-destined and written is Allah's knowledge but that doesn't mean you don't have a choice. Let me give you an example, suppose there's a student by the name of John, he doesn't study, he parties and doesn't do his work. He's going for an exam, before the exam starts, the teacher can predict that this student is going to fail. If John fails the exam, can he blame the teacher for predicting his failure? He should only blame himself. The teacher knew he was going to fail but that doesn't mean he didn't have the choice to study. Likewise, Allah is all knowing, he knows everything that happened and is going to happen, he gave you a choice to obey him or disobey him, we can't blame Allah for our choices.

"There shall be no compulsion in (accepting) the Religion, indeed the right path has been made clear from the wrong path." (Surah 2:256)

Say, "O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah . Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful." (Surah 39:53)

It was narrated from 'Umar that he said to the Prophet ﷺ:

What do you think about what we are striving for is it something already decided or something that is evolving now or something new? He said: “It is something already decided,` `Umar said: Then why don't we rely on what is already decided? He said: `Strive, O son of al-Khattab, for everyone will be helped; whoever is one of the people of bliss will strive for that bliss and whoever is one of the people of doom will strive for that doom.”