Excellent two part doc about the rise of ISIL

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Shamis

Starting with the fall of Saddam this documentary gives you detailed insight into the terror group and territory known as the Islamic State.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

S

syntax

Interesting watch. I feel like I watch way too many of these ISIS Type of videos, i hope I'm not on some sort of list.

I was watching this one earlier, the beginning is really interesting. It's about how Al-Nusra (Syrian Al-Qaeda faction) trains the youth to become jihadists. It's kinda messed up and adorable at the same time :/ The f*ck is wrong with me i need to stop watching these videos

S

Shamis

As long as you only watch documentaries from legal sources like Al Jazeera or Vice, you'll be fine. Whats cute btw? Careful now!

S

syntax

As long as you only watch documentaries from legal sources like AL Jazeera or Vice, you'll be fine. Whats cute btw? lol

lol Just the kids playing and reading quran and stuff. And i said adorable, not cute. Im not tryna be on that other government list..chill It's weird cuz these adorable little kids are going to be blowing up innocent people in the near future

S

Shamis

The kids are adorable! I'm really sad about their future too :(

S

syntax

@Shamis If you're ever bored I really recommend you watch this one too. This war was really pivotal in establishing the entire radical islamic ideology as a legitimate force in the Middle East. Some things never change tho lol . Notice how just like ISIS, the Taliban is using American equipment. I find conspirists annoying as the next person, but you'd be really foolish to think the US didn't kick start violet islamic extremism in the middle east. Everyone always points the finger to the Saudis as the source of income and weapons for these terror groups, but the US was the one who catapulted these fuckers into power.

S

Shamis

The soldiers they trained to fight them defected and joined (this happened in Somalia as well) and they also raid military bases. I do not believe for one second that America is funding these terrorists. I think they're opportunists.

S

syntax

The soldiers they trained to fight them defected and joined (this happened in Somalia as well) and they also raid military bases. I do not believe for one second that America is funding these terrorists. I think they're opportunists.

I never said they are funding them. Either way they are using American weapons, does it matter how they got it? That's why its a really bad idea giving weapons to any middle eastern force. Just like in the Afghan Russian war when the Afghans ran away like cowards and deserted their equipment, vechiles and weapons....the Iraqi army did the exact same fucking shit. That's how a majority of ISIS has good equipment.

S

Shamis

Thats right - also the Americans can't keep dropping bombs, it just works against because inevitably innocent people will die and the message is further strengthened. The local force on the ground are usually not well trained nor do they have the individual will to fight til the end like ISIL and that's why this has been going on for so long.

S

syntax

I just realized no modern army has ever defeated any Islamic extremism group. It's almost impossible for any superpower, no matter how powerful their military is, to defeat these niggas. The main reason why I think it's impossible to defeat them is their tactics/stragety. Can't lie I gotta give them credit for using this crazy new strategy known as guerrilla warfare, it's fucking terrible but it works. It's crazy hard to eliminate insurgents when they mix in-between civilians. How can you fight them and take them out efficiently without having collateral damage. Well you can't, thats why they have been sucesfull.

The Soviets had the best army alongside the US during the 80s and they lost the fight against the Taliban. The US also failed to wipe out the Taliban again 10-15 years later. Once again they failed to eradicate Al-Qaeda and islamic extremism in Iraq during their "War on terror". If these state of the art militaries can't defeat these guys, how in the f*ck are these miskeen locals supposed to. Islamic extremism isn't limited to one country or one race or one ethnicity....it's a dangerous ideology that is embraced by many people of different colour and backgrounds. Our only hope is to wipe out this ideology, which seems just as impossible as defeating them on ground using weapons. Even if one day we do wipe these terror groups out, new ones will pop up in their place. The middle is east is going to remain a shithole for a very very long time :(

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Shamis

They're also determined to make North and East Africa an even worse shit hole if that's possible. They need to be wiped out and only an extremely successful military campaign will put an end to it. They're losing the media battle because they consider every non member wadaad a non Muslim so what they're not losing is those few who think that being extreme in something is doing it well. The guerilla warfare is all they have because A they don't have fighter jets etc and B they don't have the numbers. I wonder what the size of their membership actually is?

What do you think would work in eradicating them?

S

syntax

They're also determined to make North and East Africa an even worse shit hole if that's possible. They need to be wiped out and only an extremely successful military campaign will put an end to it. They're losing the media battle because they consider every non member wadaad a non Muslim so what they're not losing is those few who think that being extreme in something is doing it well. The guerilla warfare is all they have because A they don't have fighter jets etc and B they don't have the numbers. I wonder what the size of their membership actually is?

What do you think would work in eradicating them?

I don't think military efforts are enough. There isn't 'X' number of ISIS/Islamic militants we have to kill and we're done. In order for this to be over we need to kill the idea of radical islam. We can keep bombing them and killing them on the ground but they'll just keep growing through new recruits. The funny thing is deploying a huge military force in that area will just create more terrorists because there will be civilian casualties. People see their friends and relatives dying at the hands of foreign forces..they'll be more inclined to join ISIS/Al-Nusra/etc.. because their the only opposition. It's a really viscous cycle.

Any country that decides to enter this conflict has to be in it for the long haul, this shit isn't going to end anytime soon. Right now public emotions are at all time high, the war drums are beating loudly. But 3 years from now after countries have spent billions of dollars and lose many bodies to the war the public opinion is going to sway and they'll end up slowly withdrawing. It happens every time a country decides to enter that region to combat islamic militants. Idk what would be a good solution. Those countries don't even have functioning and competent governments, but I was thinking of using propaganda to make radical islam kind of taboo. Kind of like what the US government did in the 70s and 80s with communism through the Red Scare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts