Ex looks like your Next

Status
Not open for further replies.

menace

President - Sexaholics Anonymous, Ohio chapter
VIP
Are you trying to tell us that you had a stand in female to ease your fragile heart, so you wouldn't fall victim to an Ex lookalike? I'm guessing this was a defense mechanism of yours. :russsmug:
That's correct ...somehow I was aware of the fragility of any given relationship..I sm always ready to pack up and move on without showing any weakness on my part in anytime I'm dismissed ..even now my female knows that I am feelingless and that if I'm angered I just let her know " that door is open, I have my furniture therefore you'll be replaced" and I ain't kidding when I say that cause I have about 5 candidates that are I can haul in ...

Walahi there are so many needy girls out there that want to just get married

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
That's correct ...somehow I was aware of the fragility of any given relationship..I sm always ready to pack up and move on without showing any weakness on my part in anytime I'm dismissed ..even now my female knows that I am feelingless and that if I'm angered I just let her know " that door is open, I have my furniture therefore you'll be replaced" and I ain't kidding when I say that cause I have about 5 candidates that are I can haul in ...

Walahi there are so many needy girls out there that want to just get married

Simply put, you've got one foot in the door and another one out. I bet you have your bags packed for any occasion. You sound like a commitment phobe.

geniepack.gif

There's a saying, to know the road ahead, ask those coming back. There are consequences when you fall for someone. Your emotions are compromised and you become vulnerable. Do you honestly believe there's any room for logic when you're overwhelmed and scared to death? I'm sorry, your notion is flawed. Perhaps you should allow yourself to feel something.

A

Atiya

I could never be with someone that reminds me of my ex. It would make me end up dumping the current one and going back to the ex.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
There's a saying, to know the road ahead, ask those coming back. There are consequences when you fall for someone. Your emotions are compromised and you become vulnerable. Do you honestly believe there's any room for logic when you're overwhelmed and scared to death? I'm sorry, your notion is flawed. Perhaps you should allow yourself to feel something.

How do I know if I've traveled a road, when that road is subjective. Love is an overused word and it means something different to different people. I actually find it repulsive. I prefer the term accustomed. However, I'm never too accustomed to people. There was a point when they weren't in my lives, so I'm sure I can do without them. And most people weigh their options, even if they are facing fear and great emotional distress, that's a show of logic/reason. Albeit some people have better judgement than others and make better moves. :mybusiness: I think the only things they are afraid are unpredictability and/or perpetual solitude. I say embrace it like Thoreau.

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
I'm a creature of habit. I know what I like and desire and I'm all about that.

All my exes don't look identical Reggie Bush style but there's a striking resemblance amongst them.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I'm a creature of habit. I know what I like and desire and I'm all about that.

All my exes don't look identical Reggie Bush style but there's a striking resemblance among them.

I've noticed quite a few of the dudes here have mentioned that they have a "type" looks wise. And this is habitual. Where does this preference originate from. I have noticed women are more accommodating and normally don't have a concrete type per se. Perhaps when it comes to other characteristics outside of aesthetics. Scrap that I know someone that married an Ex lookalike. There might be some merit to this creature of habit thing. SiennaEarth has a point, no use spending time with someone that reminds you of a past that didn't come to fruition in the present/future. I say take pointers from Usher.

qgwdr.gif

Zuleikha

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
I recently found out my ex got married to a chick who is near spitting image of myself.

I don't know how men do it but I can't even get together with a guy who has similar name or career path as my ex forget about his lookalike.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I can't discuss with you something that you're not even trying to keep an open mind to.

How am I not keeping an open mind. Just because I don't like the L word. I only have a somewhat convoluted idea of what love is - being able to accommodate a perfectly imperfect person, that is trustworthy, reliable, honest, which reciprocates and somehow manages to meet many desirable attributes as per a subconscious check list. I have yet to come across such a person, even though I have said goodbye to someone I used to hold to high esteem. They certainly fell short of this. And I was clearly unwilling to modify my plans to suit them. Hence, there was no love there. Perhaps a genuine like or appreciation, but nothing that impelled me to marry them or curtail my ambitions and vice versa. I see romantic relationships as transient, which is why I avoid frivolous activities like dating. The only semi-permanent thing to me are my parents, siblings, some of my relatives and a few good friends. These people I can say, love me unconditionally. My connection to most others runs it's course via reason/season.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I recently found out my ex got married to a chick who is near spitting image of myself.

I don't know how men do it but I can't even get together with a guy who has similar name or career path as my ex forget about his lookalike.

Kind of spooky, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending