Ex-Hotep admits he was wrong and schools Hoteps still in denial

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
I remember reading somewhere that a Somali ugaas gave his daughter away to a non Somali Harare leader.

I really don't think they cared as much about purity as much especially if it will bring them connection and benefits.
They did seemingly care but not really as much when it was mixing with other Horners. I remember reading once that they had a custom of considering children born to Xabash or Oromo slave women pretty much fully legitimate children who could inherit whereas intermixing with Bantu slave women in such a way was out of the question from the outset.

And that Ugaas was of the Bartire who lived near Harar and still do to this day:

The Amir Ahmed’s health is infirm. Some attribute his weakness to a fall from a horse, others declare him to have been poisoned by one of his wives.30 I judged him consumptive. Shortly after my departure he was upon the point of death, and he afterwards sent for a physician to Aden. He has four wives. No.1. is the daughter of the Gerad Hirsi; No. 2. a Sayyid woman of Harar; No. 3. an emancipated slave girl; and No. 4. a daughter of Gerad Abd el Majid, one of his nobles. He has two sons, who will probably never ascend the throne; one is an infant, the other is a boy now about five years old.

The Berteri, who occupy the Gurays Range, south of, and limitrophe to, the Gallas, and thence extend eastward to the Jigjiga hills, are estimated at 3000 shields.27 Of Darud origin, they own allegiance to the Gerad Hirsi, and were, when I visited the country, on bad terms with the Girhi. The chief’s family has, for several generations, been connected with the Amirs of Harar, and the caravan’s route to and from Berberah lying through his country, makes him a useful friend and a dangerous foe. About the Gerad Hirsi different reports were rife: some described him as cruel, violent, and avaricious; others spoke of him as a godly and a prayerful person: all, however, agreed that he had sowed wild oats. In token of repentance, he was fond of feeding Widads, and the Shaykh Jami of Harar was a frequent guest at his kraal.

Their tribe also had a prominent minister living in Harar who had a strong political influence over the Amir:

Shortly after arrival, I sent my Salam to one of the Ulema, Shaykh Jami of the Berteri Somal: he
accepted the excuse of ill health, and at once came to see me. This personage appeared in the form of a little black man aged about forty, deeply pitted by small-pox, with a protruding brow, a tufty beard and rather delicate features: his hands and feet were remarkably small. Married to a descendant of the Sherif Yunis, he had acquired great reputation as an Alim or Savan, a peace-policy-man, and an ardent Moslem. Though an imperfect Arabic scholar, he proved remarkably well read in the religious sciences, and even the Meccans had, it was said, paid him the respect of kissing his hand during his pilgrimage. In his second character, his success was not remarkable, the principal results being a spear-thrust in the head, and being generally told to read his books and leave men alone. Yet he is always doing good “lillah,” that is to say, gratis and for Allah’s sake: his pugnacity and bluntness—the prerogatives of the “peaceful”—gave him some authority over the Amir, and he has often been employed on political missions amongst the different chiefs.

First footsteps in East Africa

This seems to have been a long-time relationship, for generations, between the Bartire and the Amirs of Harar. I suspect they had a similar relationship with another clan even before this. It would have been politically necessary since Somali nomadic clans and sedentary villages and towns surrounded Harar historically and they were heavily dependent on trade out of Berbera and Zeila. You'd want Somali friends and intermarriages to survive in that.

GemState

36/21
VIP
Ethiopia will become majority Muslim over the next 10 years. If it stays together after this civil war, Ethiopia as a state will be friendly to Islam for the foreseeable future.

Ethiopia and Nigeria, Africa's two largest states will both be majority Muslim soon. Islam continues to expand in Sub Saharan Africa.
A clear Muslim majority Nigeria isn't Nigeria anymore, similar to Ethiopia. I'd be surprised if by 2035, the Amhara don't try to secede, similarly with the Igbo with Biafra sentiments already getting stronger, particularly by their diaspora, Ethiopia is already in a civil war.

The shift to becoming a Muslim majority nation is not going to be a pretty one

Karaboga

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep
@Apollo

I weep at how the Xabash were not Islamized during the conquest 500 years ago. Imagine, walaal... we could have maybe had one nation between the Horn and Sudan. With that much land and peoples we could have been a mighty power that could wrestle the lands south of Aswan from the Masris and maybe bloody Aswan itself along with all of northern Kenya from the Brits and Bantus.

Imagine a nation from Aswan to Ijara and from Xaafuun to al-Junaynah, home to the civilization of the ancient Nubians, Aksum, the Barbaroi city-states, the Muslim Sultanates of the Horn like the Ajuuraan and Adal, the Abyssinian Empire, the Christian Nubian Kingdoms, the Blemmyes and Medjay of ancient legend and so much more alongside many interesting peoples like the Oromos, Sidamics and Omotics. Everything from green highlands to volcanic deserts to savannahs boasting all the wildlife diversity Kenya flexes at the gaalo to the Nile Valley itself and beaches, beaches and beaches! Not to mention a population potential well-over 200 million if we played our agricultural cards right.

I'd have gladly accepted Arabic as a lingua franca for such a glorious nation that could be a juggernaut on the world stage alongside the likes of India and China. 5,000 kilometers from north to south and east to west. Bismillah. Geeljires think too small with this Somaliweyn business. This was where it was at, saaxiib. Christianity fudging shizzle up like always.

sad death GIF by Global TV
I don't see how Awdal and Ahmed Gurey would have kept all of ethiopia under control if they annexed it. The land is too vast, the terrain is mountainous and habashis outnumbered us. Even if they did you have a situation like that of the ottoman balkans. Were they retained their Christian faith and pay jizya.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
I don't see how Awdal and Ahmed Gurey would have kept all of ethiopia under control if they annexed it. The land is too vast, the terrain is mountainous and habashis outnumbered us. Even if they did you have a situation like that of the ottoman balkans. Were they retained their Christian faith and pay jizya.
I'm not talking about annexation and holding their lands. Just actually successfully converting them to Islam. A nigga can dream, waryaa!

Discovery Shut Up GIF by Shark Week

Karaboga

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep
I'm not talking about annexation and holding their lands. Just actually successfully converting them to Islam. A nigga can dream, waryaa!

Discovery Shut Up GIF by Shark Week
We should have taken the south the oromo, sidama, and omotics lands because they are Muslims or are more likely to convert. Then force ethiopia to implode.

Apollo

VIP
Ethiopia will become majority Muslim over the next 10 years. If it stays together after this civil war, Ethiopia as a state will be friendly to Islam for the foreseeable future.

Ethiopia and Nigeria, Africa's two largest states will both be majority Muslim soon. Islam continues to expand in Sub Saharan Africa.

Religiosity is declining in many places in the Muslim world. Most notably in the Balkans, Maghreb, Turkey, Lebanon, Palestine, Jordan, and Central Asia.

You guys will be shocked but in the upper class sections of those societies they even don't want to hire hijabi women. Many reports of discrimination against hijabi professionals coming out of those regions.

Countries where Muslims and Christians cohabit in even numbers will likely have a lot of open debate on religion debunking each other and this may lead to a decline in religion in both group.

It is not guaranteed Islam will overtake entire Sub-Saharan Africa.

Nalaaye floxks

Life is like a sandwich, the bread comes first💰💯
I’m proud to have roots from ancient egypt :banderas:

Land of punt

he is clearly delusional. black people were and still are the anicent egyptians
Nah, they from central Africa/Biafra

If this happened we'd certainly lose our Somali phenotype as Somali men would take on Xabashi, Oromo etc, wives.

giphy.gif
Somali genes are not weak but not strong like the east Asians/niger-congo people either

It’s random as shit, like for example half somali half arab can be passed as a Latino, half white half somali can be passed as a north african and half somali half Bantu can be passed as a AA

Erythrean

🇺🇸 PROUD MURICAN!!! Hamitic Horner Race
@Apollo

I weep at how the Xabash were not Islamized during the conquest 500 years ago. Imagine, walaal... we could have maybe had one nation between the Horn and Sudan. With that much land and peoples we could have been a mighty power that could wrestle the lands south of Aswan from the Masris and maybe bloody Aswan itself along with all of northern Kenya from the Brits and Bantus.

Imagine a nation from Aswan to Ijara and from Xaafuun to al-Junaynah, home to the civilization of the ancient Nubians, Aksum, Punt, the Barbaroi city-states, the Muslim Sultanates of the Horn like the Ajuuraan and Adal, the Abyssinian Empire, the Christian Nubian Kingdoms, the Blemmyes and Medjay of ancient legend and so much more alongside many interesting peoples like the Oromos, Sidamics and Omotics. Everything from green highlands to volcanic deserts to savannahs boasting all the wildlife diversity Kenya flexes at the gaalo to the Nile Valley itself and beaches, beaches and beaches! Not to mention a population potential well-over 200 million if we played our agricultural cards right.

I'd have gladly accepted Arabic as a lingua franca for such a glorious nation that could be a juggernaut on the world stage alongside the likes of India and China. 5,000 kilometers from north to south and east to west. Bismillah. Geeljires think too small with this Somaliweyn business. This was where it was at, saaxiib. Christianity fudging shizzle up like always.

All of Africa could be ours. We would’ve been the strongest Muslim nation. Somaliweyn’s too small. United Northeast Africa would be difficult to imagine.

Erythrean

🇺🇸 PROUD MURICAN!!! Hamitic Horner Race
@Apollo

Imagine a nation from Aswan to Ijara and from Xaafuun to al-Junaynah, home to the civilization of the ancient Nubians, Aksum, Punt, the Barbaroi city-states, the Muslim Sultanates of the Horn like the Ajuuraan and Adal, the Abyssinian Empire, the Christian Nubian Kingdoms, the Blemmyes and Medjay of ancient legend and so much more alongside many interesting peoples like the Oromos, Sidamics and Omotics. Everything from green highlands to volcanic deserts to savannahs boasting all the wildlife diversity Kenya flexes at the gaalo to the Nile Valley itself and beaches, beaches and beaches! Not to mention a population potential well-over 200 million if we played our agricultural cards right.

This is the dream Saxib. The future Red Sea Superpower.
010D89D1-CC22-4E6E-AB5E-EDA9EFF27D3C.png

EB1B652F-78B1-49B3-9993-29DBFBA7D3C7.png
28C1FBE2-B73E-448C-BE10-EF0D0F8DE830.png
C0E3C2E7-3068-478C-A17A-3D86B143B16B.png

seldiboy

Resident Eritrean | Ye's strongest soldier

Ethiopia is never going to be Muslim majority. I don’t know why people harp this lie constantly. The current religious demographics of Ethiopian Muslims are already inflated because of the Galbeed and even then Ethiopia is still 67% Christian

A country where the core culture is intertwined with religion cannot just suddenly shift. It’s like Somalia becoming a Christian nation. Fundamentally impossible

Trending