Evolution of the earth from the ice age (satellite reconstruction)

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
It's interesting to see how the earth changed over time due to nature and human interference factors.

:

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
^We basically become a desert

We need some of that greenification tech from China

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
^We basically become a desert
Climate change contributed but knowing our ppl, we probably cut down a lot of trees like what's happening in kismaayo near the kenyan border.

Our ppl know how to cut and destroy but forget to replant or restore anything back to normal. Also note how saudi arabia was green at the time the sahara and most of africa including the horn was green.

The hadith of the nabi was correct. At some point the horn and the sahara will become green and the saudi peninsula will also follow in suit.

:snoop:

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Climate change contributed but knowing our ppl, we probably cut down a lot of trees like what's happening in kismaayo near the kenyan border.

Our ppl know how to cut and destroy but forget to replant or restore anything back to normal.

We are weird people, imagine an Asian country going through a famine with a coastline like ours that everyone has access to.

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
We are weird people, imagine an Asian country going through a famine with a coastline like ours that everyone has access to.
Muslims excelled when they followed the hadith and understood the commands of the quran.

We are ordered to look after the environment and advance in science and knowledge. Most somalis understood the religion less than the backwards arabs. We should have followed the persians and turks. I never understood how we were allies with the khaliphates but never sent scholars or students to learn and advance.

We were unprepared before the cadaans came and lost out badly because of it.

Cool stuff.

The African humid period laid the perfect conditions for complex migrational patterns that resulted in contact between different peoples, e.g. Cushites, Sahelians, etc.

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Cool stuff.

The African humid period laid the perfect conditions for complex migrational patterns that resulted in contact between different peoples, e.g. Cushites, Sahelians, etc.
The fertile crescent was green and arable once. Also notice how the persian gulf never existed before sea levels rose.

Lots of nice details that are displayed.

Our ppl know how to cut and destroy but forget to replant or restore anything back to normal. Also note how saudi arabia was green at the time the sahara and most of africa including the horn was green.

The hadith of the nabi was correct. At some point the horn and the sahara will become green and the saudi peninsula will also follow in suit.

Our people's impact on degradation could've expedited desertification, but I doubt pastoralists with low population growth did have that big of an impact.

The current system of management is much more problematic. Larger population both in humans and livestock have not been good on the land with the excess concentration/increased stress placed on natural resources of already bad geographic contrast.

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Our people's impact on degradation could've expedited desertification, but I doubt pastoralists with low population growth did have that big of an impact.

The current system of management is much more problematic. Larger population both in humans and livestock have not been good on the land with the excess concentration/increased stress placed on natural resources of already bad geographic contrast.
We have more camels than we have ppl in most areas. I think that could have made a bigger impact regardless.

Remember 7 million camels and goats and sheep will destroy any region with overgrazing. We were never a farming community as a whole and this prevented us from mitigating the effects of grazing.

Take 7 millions goats, sheep and camels to the amazon forest with the addition of wreckless deforestation for charcoal and you will see that forest shrink over 10,000 yrs.

:ivers:

We have more camels than we have ppl in most areas. I think that could have made a bigger impact regardless.

Remember 7 million camels and goats and sheep will destroy any region with overgrazing. We were never a farming community as a whole and this prevented us from mitigating the effects of grazing.

Take 7 millions goats, sheep and camels to the amazon forest with the addition of wreckless deforestation for charcoal and you will see that forest shrink over 10,000 yrs.

:ivers:
We came to that area around 3kya, maybe even less. The livestock count was no way around 7 million back in those days. The livestock population growth has been much higher than humans, explaining its current size.

Also, the low number in ancient times most definitely meant better and more frequent mobility rotated grazing pressure seasonally between major pasture zones causing better recovery of biodiversity and ecosystems.

People became more sedentary relatively recently, and this had a much more impact, specifically, today with the modernization of cities and extensive infrastructure.

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
I'm not so sure if Somalia will become drier, see this thread:

I've read that thread before and that article in 2016.

Looks like even sea water levels rising won't affect us that much. Lucky on that regard i must say. Still somalis need a cultural change to make use of our land in the best manner.