Everyone will retake the highschool exams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.hiiraan.com/news4/2019/...causes_controversy_among_regional_states.aspx

The Somali Federal Government’s decision to cancel and repeat national high school exams following a social media cheating scam has caused much concern among schools and regional authorities.

Education minister Abdullahi Goddah Barre said fresh exams would be held from 27 May for five days under a social media blackout, after local radio station Dalsan in Mogadishu exposed the alleged sale of exam papers on social media.

The head of Puntland state’s examinations department, Ahmed Sahid, said the tight timeline set was not realistic.

“I was shocked to hear the minister say the new exams will take place on 27 May. We only have 13 days. He should have said June 27,” Sahid said.

“I am afraid one of two things may happen: the same people who conducted the previous exams may be re-appointed without any background checks, and we might have the same scenario. The quality of the new exams will be compromised because of the short timelines.”

Others have questioned the rationale for cancelling the whole exams.

Hassan Adan, who heads private schools in Baidoa, South West State, told Radio Ergo the federal government should have cancelled only the questionable outstanding papers that were leaked.

“We already finished six papers over three days,” said Adan. “The government should have made changes to the remaining papers. Our complaint is that the government is saying the students have to retake every subject they have done already.”

Adan said the government was justified in cancelling the exams but should have been more considerate. Those involved in the leaking and sale of papers must be investigated and punished.

“We did our part in preparing these children through 12 years in school and so we have a right to complain to the government, although we cannot do anything about it since the government has the final say,” Adan stated.

Hirshabelle state government declared that it would no longer enter its students for the joint national standardised exams.

The director of Hirshabelle state education ministry, Mohamed Moalim Kulmiye, called for the decentralisation of exams in the future. He said they would abide by the federal government’s revised schedule this year but for the last time.

“The President of Hirshabelle mentioned that the state will no longer rely on the Federal Government when it comes to exams from next year and will conduct its own exams,” Mohamed said.

Typical anarchists and chauvinist opportunists. Why are we hostage to animals who dont care about Somalia? We need one curriculum made by experts and one exam. Rather than seeing this scandal as way to improve our education system, these chauvinists want to expand their power on the expense of national unity. One central goverment to unify unruly and seccessionist filthy Somalis is what we need not this trash where every tuulo teachs its own history how their tuulo used to be greate

Hassan Garguute Buldanana

AUG 25, 2023
VIP
“The President of Hirshabelle mentioned that the state will no longer rely on the Federal Government when it comes to exams from next year and will conduct its own exams,” Mohamed said.

Kudayo PL kudayo, good for Hirshabelle. The other southies need to follow

AUG 25, 2023
VIP
Typical anarchists and chauvinist opportunists. Why are we hostage to animals who dont care about Somalia? We need one curriculum made by experts and one exam. Rather than seeing this scandal as way to improve our education system, these chauvinists want to expand their power on the expense of national unity. One central goverment to unify unruly and seccessionist filthy Somalis is what we need not this trash where every tuulo teachs its own history how their tuulo used to be greate
Bacbudan fella, they were selling the exams in suqa bakaraha kkk. Education falls under the state authority, not federal.

Kudayo PL kudayo, good for Hirshabelle. The other southies need to follow

Waare will not see re-election, id he continues on this path. Mudulood are pro Wadani, the ppl dont like the ideal. I see through Puntlanders savagery. Waare is idiot to trust them. They used Galmudug and JL and look at those states they are chaotic even on Somali standards

AUG 25, 2023
VIP
Waare will not see re-election, id he continues on this path. Mudulood are pro Wadani, the ppl dont like the ideal. I see through Puntlanders savagery. Waare is idiot to trust them. They used Galmudug and JL and look at those states they are chaotic even on Somali standards
:what1: What does PL have to do with those states being chaotic? Used them how?

Are you ok aboowe?

Mogadishu failed to implement state exams however you are going on a strange rant against Federal States? Mogadishu cannot even carry out exams in 1 city yet this is somehow an example that we all need to suffer under such incompetence? Acuudhu Bilaahi :faysalwtf:

Are you ok aboowe?

Mogadishu failed to implement state exams however you are going on a strange rant against Federal States? Mogadishu cannot even carry out exams in 1 city yet this is somehow an example that we all need to suffer under such incompetence? Acuudhu Bilaahi :faysalwtf:

Hey see the bigger picture we need to create unity. Corruption needs to be quelled. Waryaa to have national curriculum is essential to create a nation state in the long run. Our people need to have something that unifies them beyond the fake federal borders. Im not advocating for corruption. I just see this as chauvinist poöicy by greedy people that dont see beyond their tuulo.

Hey see the bigger picture we need to create unity. Corruption needs to be quelled. Waryaa to have national curriculum is essential to create a nation state in the long run. Our people need to have something that unifies them beyond the fake federal borders. Im not advocating for corruption. I just see this as chauvinist poöicy by greedy people that dont see beyond their tuulo.

One minute you are insulting Federal States and the people who support federalism, the next you are threatening an invasion of Puntland and calling it a desert and now you want unity. "Waryaa", do you read what you write? Furthermore, Mogadishu is YOUR "tuulo", don't insult our land and think we would want to share anything with you with such hostile and rude attitude.

Teeda kale, Somalia is a federal country, it's too late to start demanding otherwise.

Last edited:
One minute you are insulting Federal States and the people who support federalism, the next you are threatening an invasion of Puntland and calling it a desert and now you want unity. "Waryaa", do you read what you write? Furthermore, Mogadishu is YOUR "tuulo", don't insult our land and think we would want to share anything with you with such hostile and rude attitude.

Abaayo dont take my insults seriously I just hate federalism. Im just joking with @Boqor Quark Boqor Cisman. When I say desert its just to trigger bocor. Wlh Im all down for soomalinimo. Federalism weakens us. National curriculum is esdential for our children and their children to be free from qabiil. Dont take everythibg here serously or to your heart.

Abaayo dont take my insults seriously I havr nothing against federalism. Im just joking with @Boqor Quark Boqor Cisman. When I say desert its just to trigger bocor. Wlh Im all down for soomalinimo. Federalism weakens us. National curriculum is esdential for our children and their children to be free from qabiil. Dont take everythibg here serously or to your heart.

Loyan.

Did Somalis agree on Federalism or not? Isn't Somalia a federal country? Puntland has benefited from self-rule since 1998 and today, I can easily live back home to a similar standard to many countries around the world.

If Puntland waited for this imaginary "centralism", we would be stuck in anarchy, misery, gaajo, no education or healthcare aka underdevelopment whilst waiting for the failed national exams to be repeated!!

Mighty

If wars can be started with lies, so can peace.
Loyan.

Did Somalis agree on Federalism or not? Isn't Somalia a federal country? Puntland has benefited from self-rule since 1998 and today, I can easily live back home to a similar standard to many countries around the world.

If Puntland waited for this imaginary "centralism", we would be stuck in anarchy, misery, gaajo, no education or healthcare aka underdevelopment whilst waiting for the failed national exams to be repeated!!
And have amisom roam our streets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts