Ever wondered

How did Somalis become muslims, and what were we known for pre islam? Did Somalia and somalis exist in pre islamic times or were under Ethiopian rule?

How did Somalis become muslims, and what were we known for pre islam? Did Somalia and somalis exist in pre islamic times or were under Ethiopian rule?
Somalis were always Muslim. In northern Kenya, there are Cushitic tribes who pray 4 times a day in accordance to the older versions of Islam. This is why Somalis became Muslim so easily because the message was so similar. Our history is Sumer, Babylon, Ancient Egypt and the Land of Punt. We were known to build civilizations, ruthless fighters and great businessmen.

Axum ruled over the Arabs, not us.

Somalis were always Muslim. In northern Kenya, there are Cushitic tribes who pray 4 times a day in accordance to the older versions of Islam. This is why Somalis became Muslim so easily because the message was so similar. Our history is Sumer, Babylon, Ancient Egypt and the Land of Punt. We were known to build civilizations, ruthless fighters and great businessmen.

Axum ruled over the Arabs, not us.
Do you not mind giving me sources of this? I want to know where this is and how it began.

The Somali Caesar

King of Sarcasm• Location: Rent free in your head
VIP
We’ve been Muslims for over a 1000 years. The oldest mosque outside the Arabian Peninsula is found in Zeila, Somaliland called Masjid Al Qiblatayn(the mosque with two qiblas)

Pointing to both Mecca and Jerasulam. We embraced Islam before most Arabs did as well. It came when the Compainons of the Prophet fled to the horn to seek refuge from the persecution of the Arab Pagans

Apollo

VIP
I wonder which area of Somaliweyn was the last to switch over to Islam.

If I had to guess, I'd say the area around Gedo/Mandera/El Wak/Moyale.

We’ve been Muslims for over a 1000 years. The oldest mosque outside the Arabian Peninsula is found in Zeila, Somaliland called Masjid Al Qiblatayn(the mosque with two qiblas)

Pointing to both Mecca and Jerasulam. We embraced Islam before most Arabs did as well. It came when the Compainons of the Prophet fled to the horn to seek refuge from the persecution of the Arab Pagans
Im pretty sure the 2 oldest mosques in Africa are in Eritrea and Ethiopia not Somalia

Trending