Ever been on welfare/benefits?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember when I was around 18, just finished my A Levels and I wanted to work for a year and go on holiday. Well it turns out finding a job is harder than it seems. My EMA ran out first them my parents wouldn't fund me longer than a month. I had to sign on at the job centre. It was horrible, they treated me like someone who didn't want a job and just wanted benefits when that couldn't be further from the truth. I begged them to find me a job and after a month of signing on I found a job as an office junior for a home furnishings company. I worked for 9 months and saved up for a trip to Nairobi where I had the time of my life. I still look back at that experience and feel sorry for people on benefits. It was the most dehumanizing experience of my life. Thankfully I found a job straight out of university and even after quitting my job I lived on my savings and found a new job not long after.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
Was unemployed for 5 months the job centre that place will destroy your hopes of finding a job So I signed out from there the lady behind the counter told me I won't be eligible for benefits And I told her I don't care

Month later I found a job never ever been unemployed after that

But It amazes me when I see Somalis that would rather take benefits than work when they can earn soo much more it's ridiculous

There's people whose on benefits and saving for 10 years just to build a house back home
:farmajoyaab:

currently on E.I......... been 4months,only downside is its hard to leave the country....

could easily get off of it, if i'm willing to accept 3rd year wages as a journeymen....

Was unemployed for 5 months the job centre that place will destroy your hopes of finding a job So I signed out from there the lady behind the counter told me I won't be eligible for benefits And I told her I don't care

Month later I found a job never ever been unemployed after that

But It amazes me when I see Somalis that would rather take benefits than work when they can earn soo much more it's ridiculous

There's people whose on benefits and saving for 10 years just to build a house back home
:farmajoyaab:

Compare them to the cadaan folks who feel worthless when they find themselves unemployed and on social welfare :mjhaps:

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
Yes I was on EBT when I was overcoming an illness, it was truly hard times, I couldn't work or function to support myself and needed the help. However when I got better, I no longer needed public assistance. I do not see any shame in it. :)

No? I just lived with my parents until I could afford my own place near campus. My parents never used ebt/benefits and actually worked to support us, if you are able bodied and mooch off welfare it's disgusting, look at all the oxthorox jews in new york who have 9+ kids and read the talmud all day instead of contributing to society.

Zuleikha

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
No alxamdulilah I went straight to university after completing my A levels and I was working part time since I was 17. And when I was in university I took a summer placement and they offered me a job when I graduated and I am currently working there after 3 years alxamdulilah.

Status
Not open for further replies.