Etymological Map of Africa

56u1yr0zqmoz.png

Just came across this, surely it's not right.

Land of the Milking Nomads :gucciwhat:

Seat of the Shah :what1:

Apparently Mogadishu and Madagascar mean the same thing :ulyin:

56u1yr0zqmoz.png

Just came across this, surely it's not right.

Land of the Milking Nomads :gucciwhat:

Seat of the Shah :what1:

Apparently Mogadishu and Madagascar mean the same thing :ulyin:
Somali is derived from Soo Maal go and milk, Madagascar is derived from mogadishu due to marco polo confusing mogadishu with madagascar, kkkkkkkk

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
Somali is derived from Soo Maal go and milk, Madagascar is derived from mogadishu due to marco polo confusing mogadishu with madagascar, kkkkkkkk
yeah lol the translation is correct but somali just means go milk camel the fact they added nomad is kinda funny but thier right lool

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
Could also be from the Arabic Dhawamaal which means rich in old Arabic , basically the Somali riches in livestock.

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
Cadcads named it since they had since they had close trade links with persian and many of them have shirazi ancestors and persian dna
Just because one uses Persian words doesn't make them all Persian. Many are ancestrally Persian, but even Arabs used Persian words now and then like Bender which means port or other words. Especially the Omanis.

Just because one uses Persian words doesn't make them all Persian. Many are ancestrally Persian, but even Arabs used Persian words now and then like Bender which means port or other words. Especially the Omanis.
Malays used the word Bandar for city, derives from the persian 'port' also.

South Africa's etymology(Southern Land of the Afri) is a funny one, since the Afri Berber tribe never inhabited Southern Africa lol.

Invader

👾pʅɹoʍ pǝʇɐʅǝxᴉd ɐ uᴉ ƃuᴉʌᴉʅ👾
Djibouti has origin unknown :drakewtf:

It derives from the Afar word Gabuut which means plate.

The Afars used to be the majority you know:ehh:

AishaBarri

It’s not that serious
I like how the non-African countries get Land of the turks, Land of the aryans

Then you have places in Africa like Hippo, Shrimp, Land of vexation:farmajoyaab:

Trending