Ethnographic Short-Form Series and More

I am interested in a short form 15-20 min episode cultural documentary exclusive mini series. High-quality products that serve to represent the cultural capital of the collective heritage. Beyond dispassionate reporting, aligning artistic rich yet minimal film methods capturing unique Somali ethnographic significance, guided by exceptional narrated script distinguished with Somali oral/literary tradition.

Diasporic Somalis should create organizations to fund cool stuff we want to see. Find and support talents that will raise the standard.

Who says we can't have a cultural renaissance? The gems are there to put it in the right frame. Everything about us is tragically underrated - it's for us to set the stage for deserved glory.

I have felt we're being robbed of our due selves - worth, standing, and dignity. It strikes great confidence for the potential, intoxicated by the knowledge I have gained. You're never the same once you've opened that chapter.

This is a great idea and also truly necessary because so much of our oral knowledge will die with older generations. Every other day my parents drop something fascinating about Somalia in conversation, but these facts, stories, practices, etc., are so hardwired in them to be basic information. It’ll be a shame for us to lose so much of what we have, and try to reconstruct things blindly in the future.

This is a great idea and also truly necessary because so much of our oral knowledge will die with older generations. Every other day my parents drop something fascinating about Somalia in conversation, but these facts, stories, practices, etc., are so hardwired in them to be basic information. It’ll be a shame for us to lose so much of what we have, and try to reconstruct things blindly in the future.
That's part of the good thing about the internet. These conversations are important and we also have people that scour the archives for documents of anthropological significance. You also have an ongoing debate about in how we can conceptualize the ancient past.

Somalis need to keep cultural traditions alive, not just through a reflective anthropological perspective. Although both are important in the moving conversation that is our lifeways. One crucial facet is to internalize it while having contact with our parents and elders. It's all about the effort we give.

Trending