Ethiopias PM speaks afaan Somali?!

Laagite

الداروودي
when I was transitting in Addis I had a Hararghe Oromo speak to me in Somali. It amazes me how Oromos put effort in learning Somali, yet I've never seen a Somali proactively learning another cushitic language. Even in Djibouti Somalis there refuse to learn Canfari and its the Canfaris that learn Somali.

Somali superiority complex is something icl.

bidenkulaha

GalYare
when I was transitting in Addis I had a Hararghe Oromo speak to me in Somali. It amazes me how Oromos put effort in learning Somali, yet I've never seen a Somali proactively learning another cushitic language. Even in Djibouti Somalis there refuse to learn Canfari and its the Canfaris that learn Somali.

We don’t even learn Arabic and English. How can anyone even expect languages that aren’t useful.

Many Oromos move to Somali lands so have a reason

Laagite

الداروودي
We don’t even learn Arabic and English. How can anyone even expect languages that aren’t useful.

Many Oromos move to Somali lands so have a reason
English is more widespread in Somalia than you think.

Arabic however is in a rapid decline, I want Arabic to be co-official language that way we force people to learn it.

Many somalis in Oromia speak afaan Oromo. In fact we have a saying, "put a Somali in an Oromo village and they'll learn the language in a month or so."

That is a very good thing unlike Oromos the Somalis don’t like to assimilate because they view non Somalis as foreigners & a threat.

In Adis Ababa and other major cities some Oromos find it hard to go to school & get a job using their Oromo names that’s why they have taken Amharic names. Meanwhile somalis have started communities in Adis Ababa and they pride themselves with their culture and religion.

F4389482-7517-4572-B3DC-4E2F5FF64012.jpeg

Laagite

الداروودي
Many somalis in Oromia speak afaan Oromo. In fact we have a saying, "put a Somali in an Oromo village and they'll learn the language in a month or so."
Maybe true for border communities but I doubt a man from Korahe would learn it.

I know there are alot of Somali traders living in Adama

Laagite

الداروودي
That is a very good thing unlike Oromos the Somalis don’t like to assimilate because they view non Somalis as foreigners & a threat.

In Adis Ababa and other major cities some Oromos find it hard to go to school & get a job using their Oromo names that’s why they have taken Amharic names. Meanwhile somalis have started communities in Adis Ababa and they pride themselves with their culture and religion.

View attachment 225912

Bole Michael Xabashis learning Somali. :wow1:

bidenkulaha

GalYare
English is more widespread in Somalia than you think.

Arabic however is in a rapid decline, I want Arabic to be co-official language that way we force people to learn it.
We should require Arabic for government jobs. Should be part of the curriculum

Dalalos_ibn_Adali

Republican
VIP
We love when foreigners speak our language, apart from Somali we used to learn Arabic, but Arabic has been phased out by English which is more useful. Go to pretty much anywhere in the world and you can live speaking English only, you can trade using english practically everywhere, and if you want to educate yourself fields like engineering, medicine, etc etc english is what you need, even other first world countries learn english.

Typical Ethiopian spy! Ethiopian the troops that came to invade in 2006 also spoke Somali to the locals. Meles zenawi, isiah afweriki you name it they know it

First thing first those "oromo" you see in hararge are afraid qallo mostly somali that were oromised.

Secondly your level of ignorance is up the roof.Somalis are the most multi lingual ethnic group.

Diredabba the " oromos" are mostly Gurgura and Galjecel.

Trending

Latest posts