Ethiopian PM Desalegn: We have no intention of recognizing Somaliland

Status
Not open for further replies.

TooMacaan

VIP
Everyone knows Ethiopia would be the last country to recognise Somaliland.
Why would it want to do that when it has Somali Galbeed trying to succeed from it?

However Ethiopia is a 2 faced, they work very closely with Somaliland, puntland, FG and all the other Somali regions. They want Somalia to stay weak and divided forever.
Because they know if Somalis were to get their act together and unite they would become a strong nation. Ethiopia would become weak and irrelevant.
Also if Somalia was to unite, then we would probably try take back Somali Galbeed, this is Ethiopias biggest fear, they know all the wealth and resources are found in K5.
If that's the case...how would that be two faced lol??? That just means Ethiopia is doing the smart/logical thing for itself...

TooMacaan

VIP
It is not just Ethiopia though. The list of countries in Horn of Africa that will never entertain the silly idea of a Somaliland recognition.

1. Ethiopia
2. Djibouti
3. Eritrea
4. Somalia

Basically all of Horn of Africa countries.
Why won't Djibouti recognize it??:what1:

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
You might not but the average person in Sland is indoctrinated with Ethiopia is our "father" or "mother" and they will recognize us someday. :francis:
Most of the old people are pro-Somaliweyn though right(50+)? I think it's only the young generation who were indoctrinated that are like what you described.

That was possible in the early days but now it is near to impossible since Somalia has a stable government.

A shrewd politician from there should look for concessions in the reconciliation talks. It's looking like the only viable option left for Somaliland because they maxed out their potential in this status quo

TooMacaan

VIP
It respects the sovereignty and unity of Somalia. Plus they don't want a big competition
next door, so it is also business related.
Half the population are Somalis, no? If they love unity of "Somalia" so much...why not join?
They seem like they value their own sovereignty but not that of SL?
Also, why are you so against SL when you are Isaaq?? Is there some weird history between your sub clan and HA/HJ?

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
Half the population are Somalis, no? If they love unity of "Somalia" so much...why not join?
Also, why are you so against SL when you are Isaaq?? Is there some weird history between your sub clan and HA/HJ?
The reason why Djibouti is not part of Somalia is solely because of France. They deported a lot of Somalis and rigged the elections.

Bohol

VIP

They tried to Somalia longtime ago but the French rigged the polls. I am not against the
idea of Somaliland but I am realistic and I know recognition will not come. So no point
going around circles like a madman. You can count me as part of the realistic camp.

:pachah1:

They aspired to join but France had other ideas and expelled tens of thousands of somalis during their referendum to depress the yes vote. The optics of a somali leader in djibouti willing to cut somalia in half is terrible. It's possible under an Afar leadership

France rigged the independence/join somalia vote in the late 60s, but even so, the Afar population would rather stay with Djibouti and not risk having to become a minority like they were/are in Ethiopia and Eritrea.

Bohol

VIP
A shrewd politician from there should look for concessions in the reconciliation talks. It's looking like the only viable option left for Somaliland because they maxed out their potential in this status quo

Some lecturer in Hargeisa Uni (Dr Bulxaan) recently said he wanted to go to Mogadishu to seek recognition Lol. It is a bit late for
that policy though.

TooMacaan

VIP
They tried to Somalia longtime ago but the French rigged the polls. I am not against the
idea of Somaliland but I am realistic and I know recognition will not come. So no point
going around circles like a madman. You can count me as part of the realistic camp.

:pachah1:
Do you believe in "greater Somalia"?

Bohol

VIP
Do you believe in "greater Somalia"?

I do believe in recovering lost lands but politically at the moment it is not possible (Somalia is not fully stable and doesn't
have a strong army). In the future though I have no problem enlisting in the army and taking part of liberation of Western
Somalia (Somali Galbeed). I believe foreigners have no right to rule Somali lands.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
France rigged the independence/join somalia vote in the late 60s, but even so, the Afar population would rather stay with Djibouti and not risk having to become a minority like they were/are in Ethiopia and Eritrea.
The Afar in Djibouti would be better of being part of Somalia to be honest. At least they would have their own President and federal state. :siilaanyosmile:

No more being ruled by Issa's.:yacadiim:

I do believe in recovering lost lands but politically at the moment it is not possible (Somalia is not fully stable and doesn't
have a strong army). In the future though I have no problem enlisting in the army and taking part of liberation of Western
Somalia (Somali Galbeed)
. I believe foreigners have no right to rule Somali lands.
mashallah rageedi of bohol :salute:

The Afar in Djibouti would be better of being part of Somalia to be honest. At least they would have their own President and federal state. :siilaanyosmile:

No more being ruled by Issa's.:yacadiim:

Have you heard of the Afar kilil?
250px-Afar_in_Ethiopia.svg.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending